Tarwa Golf Club Leader Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarwa Golf Club Leader Board

Backstory......2 days my son played his first time online...the Sony Open under my profile and his score is on that leaderboard ranked properly. He has since got his own profile and played it again with maximum gimmies (which he obviously shouldn't of done). That seems to have got him bumped down to the bottom of the leaderboard. Which it should.

Today he played the tour qualifier at Tarwa and his score is on the bottom of the leaderboard but not ranked. Is there something I need to do to rectify this?

Make sure he has shot recording turned on, rewinds off and that he's fixed the gimmies.

Comment

yes that was all done prior to playing

Comment

For the sony open I believe he's at the bottom of the leaderboard because he hasn't established a tour handicap yet. You do that through q-school, for which I'm not sure why he would be at the bottom for that one as long as all his settings are correct. ProTee Max should be able to tell you.

Comment

Thanks...I sent him a message

Comment

Contact mthunt beg forgiveness. It really messes up the points standings inside the society when people don't follow the rules.
            society turns off rewinds in tgc2019
            I'm sure somebody turned him in for not following the rules and mthunt put him in the cellar.

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              It's fixed.

He didn't know the rules. The first time he played the Sony was without gimmies because that is what he figured he was supposed to do. When he got his profile he increased it and played it again. Still didn't know the rules figured it was ok after seeing some of the other scores. When he told me and I looked at his score card with 0 putts. it didn't make sense that you could do that so we went online in search of rules and finally landed here where we found something posted from 2017 or something. Regardless he has followed them since.

Comment

oh Yes...the first time he played he saw that rewinds were off...then after saw some of the low scores when he was done and figured that everything else was fair game since you still had the ability to adjust them.

Comment

A lot of people look at the low scores and mistakenly assume they are all playing with huge gimmies or whatever. But the reality is that they are just very good players playing on a simulator where everything is easier than real life. If you can shoot 69 on grass you can shoot 59 on a sim. A lot of those guys stream their rounds or upload them to youtube for all to see. The more you play on a sim the easier it becomes to understand the low scores you see on the leaderboards.

When you enter an event, most of the time the rules will be posted in a little box on the right side of the screen on the event page. I don't know if people just don't see it or what. It can be easy to miss if you don't know it's there. Also a lot of people seem to get tripped up with the gimmie settings and they end up with the +1 +2 thing instead of the correct setting. Hopefully they'll get it fixed for him.

Comment

yes thanks for the clarity...he happens to be that guy that shoots 69 on grass but he is also a teenager so he also happened to be that guy that clicks before he reads...

Comment

Originally posted by naimad View Post
                    yes thanks for the clarity...he happens to be that guy that shoots 69 on grass but he is also a teenager so he also happened to be that guy that clicks before he reads...
                    Teenagers not reading instructions? LOLOLOL
                    My Courses:
                    World Par 3's by mthunt
                    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                    Weston G&CC by mthunt
                    London Hunt Club L mthunt
                    Park CC Lidar mthunt
                    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)