Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people are playing Online events

And........ Where are you playing

Looking at the Protee Online events it looks like only 5 or 6 people are playing each event. Are the "Societies" drawing larger crowds or is there somewhere else everyone is playing ? When I stopped playing Online Protee events the leader board was 5 or 6 pages long.

138 people finished the Ryder Cup tournament in the Protee society.

https://golfsimulatortours.com/globa...IwYjc5M2EtMg==

Comment

Are you talking about the original TGC tour? If so yep very few people play that nowadays. I suspect it’s mostly Rmotion users and me.
      The main TGC2019 societies have a healthy following, usually a few hundred each week.

Comment

I must be looking in the wrong place. I see only 4 people playing the Ryder Cup.

Comment

Found it..... leads to another question...

how are the societies different ??

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Tgc2019 is all society based. What do you mean different? Protee/ Wiz society count towards ranking points. The others are used for leagues etc... short course too. Many places to play and compete.

That's what I mean by "different". Are some just shorter courses, some just for leagues, do some not count for ranking points ?

Obviously I know nothing and am looking for future (read that as Winter) activities.

Can people join several societies and have the potential to play multiple event per week ??

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Noonan/protee points
            Brace short course par 3s
            Exhibition generally short
            Qschool initially to get hdcp but you can keep playing it.
            There are many more and rules generally posted inside society.

Just watch out for the cheaters in these societies. There are plenty.

Comment

• Golfmaxxx
            Golfmaxxx commented
            Editing a comment
            How does one cheat?

• Golfmaxxx
            Golfmaxxx commented
            Editing a comment
            How does one cheat?

• Golfmaxxx
            Golfmaxxx commented
            Editing a comment
            How does one cheat?

Originally posted by StanMI View Post
          And........ Where are you playing

Looking at the Protee Online events it looks like only 5 or 6 people are playing each event. Are the "Societies" drawing larger crowds or is there somewhere else everyone is playing ? When I stopped playing Online Protee events the leader board was 5 or 6 pages long.
          TGC1 is the game getting 5 to 6. TGC2019 ProTee gets 200-500 a week. It’s pretty big.

As far as cheating, we cannot control putting. Some people buy a sim and see the society without knowing about the tour or this forum or the rules. Almost all of the violators set putting to On Green which makes every shot inside 6 feet a gimmie and outside 2 putts. This of course means they won’t make a single putt. It’s super hard to score. Recently ProTee Max put an algorithm in that automatically detects these players and removes their handicap. None of these players are winning and it’s random and new people. If someone is winning and violating rules in another way such as a gimmie gator (setting 20 foot gimmies) then we will remove their score and handicap. It’s not a perfect system but this tour is not in any way dominated by cheating. Someone coming in 100th place and set to on green is not hurting the tour.

As always, if you see something let me know. I’ve only ever seen 3 serious violations that won an event and the scores were all removed.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

I am about to enter the skytrack tgc world from optishot........ does anyone have any advice ? Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X