TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MainStGolf
    replied
    Did we really only have 8 players for this tournament???

    Never mind - see the complete results.
    Last edited by MainStGolf; 05-09-2016, 10:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mickey
    replied
    6551 for all 3. Having watched many ghost players over the last few months - this seems like the most sensible.

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    replied
    My vote is either the 6551 version or else that version for the first and third round and the 6254 for the second. Anybody know how long the shortest real game version is? We could also start easy and go harder with round three being something in the 7100 yard range if he has it.

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    replied
    At first I thought the longer one, but I wouldn't be opposed to both. That may make it interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    It's JS. So which version should we use for the US open? Or, should we use both? Thoughts? It's 3 rounds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    commented on 's reply
    I think I may have determined my problem. It appears that even though my Skytrak unit was square to my target line and mats, when using The integrated alignment dots in align mode I actually need to have the Skytrak closed a couple degrees to the target line for the dots to align. Also, I needed to shim the mat the Skytrak was sitting on because it was a hair below the mat I was standing on.

    Played a few holes last night and seemed to make a big difference and am going to try to get another round in tonight.

  • ks-man
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe JS1010? I think CLV has sent him course files before.

  • rdh
    replied
    Sounds like CLV has sent the course files to Jerry (who's Jerry?) for Oakmont to publish on the protee server. Two versions - 6551 and 6254. Not sure if they've been published yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    How far offline should 1200 rpm side spin go? And how far is TGC showing it?

    If you are trying to find out if it's you or the sim, then post a video of a a few shots compared with Optimal Flight predictions. It'll quickly become clear.

  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Well, you keep saying its the sim.

  • keither5150
    commented on 's reply
    Harbor town Golf Links Sunday 6915 yards 80 plays

  • Psw757
    replied
    What harbor town was used for the heritage? I searched today and didn't see any that were played much.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
    The vast majority of players want to play the same course as the pros. Quail Hollow does not have an accurate shorter version. If there was an accurate 6500 yard version available, we would have surely picked that course. At times the only accurate choice is a longer course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We can't please everyone all the time. The next event is 6300 yards. When the course is too short, watching it on TV kind of sucks as the shots being taken are not anywhere near what we are playing. More than 50% of the players polled chose accuracy to the real course as the deciding factor for choosing courses. We do take distance into account but accuracy is the number 1 factor.
    Have played a couple of practice rounds and like this course. It is long in spots, but definitely want to see what the pros are when I'm playing it. It's a nice wake up to the chip and pitch game too and how much I may need to work on it when we play courses like this. I personally prefer the full length accurate courses, but I can see how some wouldn't.

    Ultimately, I think it's a fair thing to do as you guys are in picking the most accurate to real life first and worry about the distance and if there is a protee version after.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shardak
    replied
    Just finished my first round...not as bad as I was fearing. For one hole, i think 5 or 6, I was top of the leaderboard at -1, my best start so far in a tournament.

    I liked the contrast of the long par 4s, which I just played mentally as par 5s (reach green in 3), and the short par 4s.

    My wedge play was really good today. Had a number of 80-100 yard shots that ended up inside gimmie range. I think I had 3 gimmie birdies.

    Imploded with a couple water balls and a couple of balls in the trees. Stuck with my 3-wood off the tee for most of the holes as they are so narrow.

    Pretty good course, it will be going in my favorites list.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that championship tips are too long most of the time however I also think 6300 is too short. What ends up usually is all the par 3 end up being in the 140-170 range. I think the 6600-6800 length is probably the best compromise. Jmho
Working...