Custom mat with tee position moved forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom mat with tee position moved forward

Just wanted to share, I built a custom hitting mat with Country club elite turf. I moved the tee position forward because I just could not get used to not being able to ground my club behind the ball. My first concern was if it would affect accuracy and after several days of hitting balls with all different clubs, I can't say that I noticed a difference. I can shape the ball left to right and right to left and the results are what I would expect. I used a launch monitor to adjust ball drag for each club to match carry distance and I got it to be pretty accurate. I'm also chipping and pitching from behind the first sensor slots to avoid the issue of having the club head pass through the sesor before the ball and again after adjusting ball speed and drag for chiping and pitching the results are accurate and more importantly I can use my lob wedge without the ball flying 130 yards. I was ion the verge of selling my protee but now I'm very satisfied. First picture shows the tee position for regular shots, btw on my next mat I think I can move it back a bit, second picture shows where I hit my chip and pitch shots from.

How sensitive is the carry distance to slight movements in ball position?

Comment

Originally posted by EmmanuelT View Post
      Just wanted to share, I built a custom hitting mat with Country club elite turf. I moved the tee position forward because I just could not get used to not being able to ground my club behind the ball. My first concern was if it would affect accuracy and after several days of hitting balls with all different clubs, I can't say that I noticed a difference. I can shape the ball left to right and right to left and the results are what I would expect. I used a launch monitor to adjust ball drag for each club to match carry distance and I got it to be pretty accurate. I'm also chipping and pitching from behind the first sensor slots to avoid the issue of having the club head pass through the sesor before the ball and again after adjusting ball speed and drag for chiping and pitching the results are accurate and more importantly I can use my lob wedge without the ball flying 130 yards. I was ion the verge of selling my protee but now I'm very satisfied. First picture shows the tee position for regular shots, btw on my next mat I think I can move it back a bit, second picture shows where I hit my chip and pitch shots from.
      New interface deals with club passing before the ball.
      the issue is not really what most think it is and more to do with extra data being passed through when already collected by the system causing confusion.
      Hit any wedge shot you like now.
      Lots of testing with flops etc , no weird shots anymore.

The ball should always be hit from centre of the mat where the tee would be.
      Having the ball behind impact means that club info at impact could be slightly out and possibly reduce ball speed slightly as the mat has measured points.

Club can be grounded if you let it just rest but many for some reason push the club down into the slot.
      Not something normally done on a fairway so maybe a just an urge caused by the visual.

If you keep the turf top well trimmed shouldnt have an issue

Comment

I should note that if updating from anything prior to 3.16t then you need to do a clean install as these new versions migrate differently and simply updating over the old will cause issue.

Instruction will be on the Protee CSC page soon or email me and I will tell you how to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X