X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zmax's recommended ProTee Interface settings

Updated 12/26/14

Zmax's recommended settings:

You can make changes to the settings file from the interface by holding down the keys ALT E to bring up the settings file editor.

Look for the following items and make the recommended changes.

All Club Speed set to default
    All Club Spin set to default
    All Ball speed set to default
    All Drag set to default
    All Lift set to default

SS_calculation=True
    SS_Iron=0
    SS_Driver=2
    SS_Putter=0
    SS_Wood=0

Puttingmat_angle_correction = 2

(Note: these worked for me. might be different for you)
    Club_path_correction_Driver=-1
    Club_path_correction_Wood=-2
    Club_path_correction_Iron=-3
    Club_path_correction_Wedge=-2
    Club_face_correction_Driver=2
    Club_face_correction_Wood=3
    Club_face_correction_Iron=3
    Club_face_correction_Wedge=4

Use_TBS=True
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_0_to_15=15
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_16_to_35=13
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_36_more=10

TGC penalty:
    Green_bunker_decrease_factor= 40

All others are set to zero

ProTee 2.0 penalty:
    Green_bunker_decrease_factor= 55
    Green bunker_decrease_factor=55

V_cam_fallback=40
    H_cam_fallback=40
    Gear_effect_factor=-1

Investigate_V_cam_method_wedges=PT5
    Investigate_V_cam_method_non_wedges=PT5
    Investigate_H_cam_method=PT1
    Investigate_V_cam_method_driver=PT5
    Investigate_H_cam_method_driver=PT1

Number_of_iterations=35

Chipping_use_clubspeed=True
    Pitching_use_clubspeed=True

Chipping_distance= 32M (35 yards)
    Chipping_ballspeed_factor=50
    Chipping_drag_factor=100
    Chipping_minimum_launch_angle= 1

Pitching_distance=41M (45 yards)
    Pitching_ballspeed_factor=85
    Pitching_drag_factor=100
    Pitching_minimum_launch_angle= 1

Max_HCam_diameter_correction_ball=7
    Max_VCam_diameter_correction_ball=4
    MaX1_HCam_diameter_correction_ball=7
    MaX1_VCam_diameter_correction_ball=4

Spin_decrease_factor_irons_at_low_LA=10
    Spin_decrease_factor_woods_at_low_LA=10
    Spin_decrease_factor_drivers_at_low_LA=0
    Spin_decrease_factor_wedges_at_low_LA=0
    Last edited by Maverick; 01-18-2015, 05:24 AM.

From old forum.
    Originally posted by theLONO
    Hey guys. I'm still a bit confused about the new chipping and pitching settings. Let me see if I get this straight....if values are set as suggested by Z..then is this how each setting works?

Chipping_distance= 30 The settings only take place inside this distance, i.e. 30 yards or shorter? Does it get applied to all clubs or only wedges?
    Chipping_ballspeed_factor=65 This will decrease the read ball speed by 35%? i.e if the system reads 100mph then it will use 65mph in the simulation? yes I know that would be a big chip!
    Chipping_drag_factor=100 understand this one
    Chipping_minimum_launch_angle=40 (37 for Almost Golf Balls) This is the one I'm most confused about...does this mean that settings only take effect if the ball is launched at an angle of 40 degrees or more? If the ball is launched at below 40 degrees then the settings do not get applied?

Does this chipping distance factor still set where bunkers act like greenside bunkers? I assume the redux settings don't apply if in a bunker? (I guess we can set that?)
    Also, if the pitching distance is set to say 65 yards does that mean those settings only apply for the shots between 65 yards and 30 yards? Again does it get applied to all clubs or only wedges?
    And finally, if have my ball speed reduced already in the 'ball' settings which I do for my wedges, does that factor get applied and then these other reductions on top?

Thanks in advance! Hope to get online here shortly, further upgrade to computer got my PT5 vcam working finally. I think my psu was undersized (went from 500w to 850w). Just having an issue with my putting sensor that I am troubleshooting with Dennis.

Cheers

Comment

From old forum.
      Originally posted by bubba22
      Chipping_distance= 30 The settings only take place inside this distance, i.e. 30 yards or shorter? Does it get applied to all clubs or only wedges? YES and WEDGES only
      Chipping_ballspeed_factor=65 This will decrease the read ball speed by 35%? i.e if the system reads 100mph then it will use 65mph in the simulation? yes I know that would be a big chip! ---YES
      Chipping_drag_factor=100 understand this one -- OK
      Chipping_minimum_launch_angle=40 (37 for Almost Golf Balls) This is the one I'm most confused about...does this mean that settings only take effect if the ball is launched at an angle of 40 degrees or more? If the ball is launched at below 40 degrees then the settings do not get applied? --YES

Does this chipping distance factor still set where bunkers act like greenside bunkers? I assume the redux settings don't apply if in a bunker? (I guess we can set that?) ----DOES NOT APPLY IN BUNKER
      Also, if the pitching distance is set to say 65 yards does that mean those settings only apply for the shots between 65 yards and 30 yards? Again does it get applied to all clubs or only wedges? YES and Wedges only
      And finally, if have my ball speed reduced already in the 'ball' settings which I do for my wedges, does that factor get applied and then these other reductions on top? YES

ZMax can correct me if I am wrong. Now join us online thelono or I may have to pay you a visit on the island.

Comment

Yup. You pretty much got everything.

It works on all clubs, but I haven't tested it with a 9 iron yet. Green bunkers have their own settings, so these settings don't apply to them. Pitching is only active between 30 and 65(or whatever this setting is).

If you adjusted BS for a wedge, and you select a wedge within these distances, then the settings will add on top of each other.

500W was definitely too low. Post your putting issue in the hardware section.

Comment

New interface K29 posted in the first post. Note the changes in my recommended settings.

3 different wedge spin rates now available. Changed chipping distance to 35 and changed pitching_minimum_LA to 38.

Comment

PT5 allows the ball streak to be measured from streak to streak. Whereas, PT1-4 measures from the red box to end of streak. With PT5, you must set raster to 0. PT5 method allows you to be flexible with the Vcam location. It's FOV must still be parallel to the floor, but the red box no longer needs to be on the tee. In fact, my recommendation now is to mount the Vcam on the left(for a righty) and the red box be slightly behind the tee. You can set it to PT1 when mounting the camera, then switch to PT5 for usage.

I still recommend PT1 for the Hcam.

Comment

From old forum.
              Originally posted by MikeL
              Make sure you do all of these (first post in this thread)
              Originally posted by MikeL

Lates Beta interface software. symftp.net/download/PTPInstaller2.96k29.exe
              Latest Red Chain software update: symftp.net/download/QuickUpdate41.exe

Make sure both the Portal and the game are not running when applying updates.
              And install them by "Run as Administrator".

Then download and run the latest DirectX update.
              www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Warning: Use beta software at your own risk. These are for experienced users only! The latest proven interface can be found here:csc.protee-united.com/home

Comment

Added more recommended settings. The new ones at the bottom are a must.

Comment

Updated settings to include new wedge settings for latest beta interface.

Comment

Zmax- is there any reason why you wouldn't set all of the below to 0 ?

(Note: these worked for me. might be different for you)
                    Club_path_correction_Driver=-1
                    Club_path_correction_Wood=-2
                    Club_path_correction_Iron=-3
                    Club_path_correction_Wedge=-2
                    Club_face_correction_Driver=2
                    Club_face_correction_Wood=3
                    Club_face_correction_Iron=3
                    Club_face_correction_Wedge=4

Thanks

Comment

Circuit boards are never mounted the same. So, settings will vary from setup to setup.

Comment

Xmax, Bubba or anyone else, Would it be possible to get a file of your complete settings. There is so many different sources to get the information and many new versions of the interface. It would be a great asset for setting up my system. It would be much easier if they were in the same order compared to some data here and some data there. I have tried to search for setting and I get pieces here and there.

Thanks for any help.

Updated 12/26/14 Latest beta interface: Remember to always install new interface by right click, then Run as Administrator. Latest interface available from ProTee

Comment

This has different settings than the other post. Which ones are most current?
                          Note: These settings are for advanced users only. All manual changes to the settings.pgs file are at own risk! The settings.pgs located in the ProTeeGolf Interface

Comment

Have you contacted ProTee for an online help session? That's where you should start.

Comment

Originally posted by aja View Post
                              Have you contacted ProTee for an online help session? That's where you should start.
                              Yes ,I requested a remote and they wanted to try email fixes first. We have gone back and forth 11 different times. If their latest does not work, maybe they will remote in.

I generously received a copy of current settings from Bubba. I will be using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X