Chance to Test Drive v3.0 for PC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KerrHughes
    Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 75

    #16
    “how far away is sky pro integration?”

    ”Club data is the next release”

    Read as club data via Skypro integration next release. You’re welcome 🙄

    Comment

  • Varry Hardon
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2016
    • 9

    #17
    Looking good - graphics much nicer.

    However, is it possible to make the green less garish?

    It is very bright - like neon green.

    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, for sure. We just had to make a call to get this out there, so it is still using the greens from the old app. We will update those to much nicer greens in v3.1.

    • Varry Hardon
      Varry Hardon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Seth.

      I noticed you fixed an annoying bug:
      1) You clear your session
      2) You want to do another session with the SAME club
      3) You have to select a DIFFERENT club then the club you are using

      Nice to see that is no longer the case.

      One thing I would really like to see - fairways. Straight, curved, dogleg, wide, medium narrow.
      Basically like greens, but for practising drives.
  • golfinaddicts
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 56

    #18
    Had some crazy "missread" or ball flight parameter type errors. I was getting the Odd very low spin super long iron shot. I have had my skytrak for a couple of years and never had this happen before. It happened about one in 15 shots. I swapped back to 2.6 and it didnt happen again. Might have just been a coincidence who knows. I was using an 8 iron and my normal 8 iron is 6500-7000 spin and 150-155 carry 160 total yards. These shots would spin at 1800-2500 and would carry 200-215 yards. Im left handed if that matters. I dont know how much was rewritten, maybe I just needed to restart my skytrak or something but I thought I would mention it just in case.

    Comment


    • jrz
      jrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time that happens please see if you can trigger a shot by waving your club in front of the ST unit.

    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      In the app, we just take the numbers from the hardware, so no changes there. Did you get it to read correctly at all since?
  • shimonko
    Offline
    • Jun 2017
    • 111

    #19
    Only a new user but one thing I often glance at and go 'wtf?' until I remember it's reversed is (and it's is still that way in 3.0), is the arrow on the sidespin ball pointing the wrong way - like below where the ball is shown with hook spin despite the shot being sliced.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_1.png Views:	3 Size:	830.9 KB ID:	129648


    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, we toyed with that a lot. It seemed easier for the average golfer to understand to have the arrow point in the direction the ball would be curving in the air, but since we added the arrow below, I'll revisit this.

    • shimonko
      shimonko commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I see - but the then the backspin arrow would be facing up, lol.

      Nice job on the SkyTrak software btw, including Android - usually software accompanying hardware is an abysmal token offering.
      Last edited by shimonko; 10-07-2017, 04:37 AM.
  • frackh
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 231

    #20
    This may be a bug, a couple of times on the practice range, the app couldn't reset back to the tee. It basically get stuck on where the ball landed, screen looks like it's still trying to finish some sort of rendering at 1 frame every 5 seconds. Had to exit the session to get it working again.

    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting...any type of shot in particular that would cause it to do that? What camera mode were you in? Just in regular practice?

    • frackh
      frackh commented
      Editing a comment
      First one was the range w/ green on (about 60 yards), missed it right. Screen got stuck w/ the "missed" graphic flashing, like it was stuck between frames while rendering.
      Second was just the range w/ a 7i, draw shot about 10-15 yards right of center.
      Both were set to Follow Ball view and happened on different days.
      Last edited by frackh; 10-06-2017, 04:58 PM.
  • Nigelfea
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 20

    #21
    Great to see the visuals updated. Looks great. The only problem now is a new laptop will be needed to display the graphics properly.
    It ran fine on V2.x ( I5 - ssd & 4gb ram ) but very juddery graphics now.
    Seth, any idea what V3 will run like on IPad which I use 80% of the time

    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Try the official release. We optimized quite a bit since the test build I put out. Actually iOS runs faster now than before so PC should not be an issue at all.
  • bballer320xu
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2017
    • 23

    #22
    Overall looks great. Much more responsive than on the iPad. On the range I had a situation where the grass all turned to sand. I didn’t grab a screenshot but will if it happens again. Seemed to occur after I deleted all of my shots, I took another shot and the change occurred.

    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Grass turned to sand?! Would love to see a screenshot of that!
  • HGGolfShops
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 8

    #23
    Anything adjustments on outside use. This is what I find most detrimental to skytrak. Any tips to use it in the sun?

    Comment

    Working...