Fitness Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness Golf

Just to let everyone know that the Fitness Golf software is now integrated with the SkyTrak hardware. You can visit the SkyTrak website and learn all about it under the "Simulation" options.

Comment

interesting concept. I already have an indoor bike setup, definitely would be more interesting riding through courses. Software reminds me a whole lot like p3proswing.

Comment

The software looks a little weak in graphics but I am not sure that is their main angle - I do like the exercise part. My only question is how far away can the PC be from the riding bike or trendmill. My PC is behind my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
          The software looks a little weak in graphics but I am not sure that is their main angle - I do like the exercise part. My only question is how far away can the PC be from the riding bike or trendmill. My PC is behind my screen.
          To answer your questions:

1. The Fitness Golf software uses the Red Chain courses and we include 160 of them. The more recent course creations are graphically much superior to the early creations and you would be impressed playing these. Our software is great for those that want to use the fitness modes or those that just want to golf without exercise. Certainly don't want to make this into a software bashing comparison but we own The Golf Club software and TruGolf E6 and the Fitness Golf software compares favorably with both. Each has their pluses and minuses but you would really be impressed with our ball flight characteristics.

2. The foot pod used for walking or running, and the bike speed sensor need to be within 10 feet of the USB port on your computer that you put the USB Ant stick into. If it is not possible to have your treadmill and/or bike within 10 feet of your computer, you can easily purchase a USB extension cable to bring the USB Ant stick within 10 feet of your fitness equipment. You can learn more about the Fitness Golf software and download the User Manual which describes all of this at: www.fitnessgolf.net.
          Last edited by fitness golfer; 10-06-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

We have been testing it out a bit and love the concept - my 5 year old is having a blast running around after Dad hits a shot

The plan is to get Al in on Tuesday for more testing and hopefully a video - I will post it here once it is uploaded to our YouTube channel.

Happy Golfing to all and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians this weekend

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Isn't Dad supposed to be the one running around?

I believe I read on this forum from a post a couple years ago that Red Chain is extinct and only being developed within FSX. Can you give us some background on the development of this software? The videos don't put it on par with TGC for graphics so I'm hoping it's more simulator (player improvement) like FSX. I love the idea of being able to play competitive speed golf.

I see a package price on the website but how much is it for just the software? Also, is there integration coming for other launch monitors or just SkyTrak?

Comment

Originally posted by legendsfan View Post
              I believe I read on this forum from a post a couple years ago that Red Chain is extinct and only being developed within FSX. Can you give us some background on the development of this software? The videos don't put it on par with TGC for graphics so I'm hoping it's more simulator (player improvement) like FSX. I love the idea of being able to play competitive speed golf.

I see a package price on the website but how much is it for just the software? Also, is there integration coming for other launch monitors or just SkyTrak?
              Hi,

Answers:

1. Red Chain is not extinct but they now have an exclusive deal to only work with Foresight. Red Chain wrote our Fitness Golf software and originally integrated it with the GSA products. It still functions with the GSA products but we no longer work with them due to reliability issues. Volia software (who works extensively with SkyTrak) has done the integration of the Fitness Golf software with the SkyTrak hardware. They can do any future updates to our software that need to be done since Red Chain can no longer support our software. The PC game that is included with our software includes a course creator that will allow anyone to create a course and it will be instantly usable with the Fitness golf software.

2. The software can be purchased directly for $399 at the SkyTrak site found here: http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/fitness-golf

3. We are presently working on the development and integration with 2 club attached sensors similar to the R-Motion.

Hope this helps,
              Greg
              Last edited by fitness golfer; 10-06-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Looks great idea and for a one off cost.

Comment

looks kind of silly IMO what people try to sell and people actually buy is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                    looks kind of silly IMO what people try to sell and people actually buy is crazy
                    What's "silly" about it? Speed Golf is a real sport that is played worldwide: http://speedgolfinternational.com/. The limitations of the outdoor version is that you may need to rent the entire course to be able to play with your group because you certainly can't have Speed Golf players passing regular golfers. And even within the Speed Golfer groups it is difficult for faster runners to pass the slower players. What is wrong with making this a much more functional game as an indoor version and allowing a player to get a full aerobic work-out while using their simulator?

Comment

Don't forget that if you are not interested in the fitness modes of Fitness Golf, the software allows for a Golf Only mode which is just like a regular simulated round of golf. $399 as a one-time fee for 160 courses to play seems like a pretty good deal even without the fitness modes don't you think?

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
                        Whiskeyjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think that's an excellent price point. I would think though, that a majority of ST owners are already committed to a simulator package, maybe two.
                        I personally am. If I was to commit to another I would have to be able to try it first.

• fitness golfer
                        fitness golfer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We talked to SkyTrak about letting customers try the software for 2 weeks and if they were not satisfied then they could get a refund but SkyTrak was not interested in doing this. Unfortunately, we do not have a demo. That is part of the reason we created such a long video- to show the Fitness Golf software actually working with the SkyTrak. I can assure you that the Fitness Golf software works great with the SkyTrak for all shots.

• Whiskeyjack
                        Whiskeyjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's unfortunate. I was able to demo E6 and found that promising, but too expensive. I did look at FG on your site and liked some of the play options, like multiple tees. But with TGC coming out with an update, (hopefully sooner than later) looks like I'll be waiting to see what happens there.

How about this offer: For the first 10 forum members that purchase the Fitness Golf software, we will provide the fitness accessories at no additional cost. If, after using the fitness modes, you are no longer interested in these modes, you can return the fitness accessories and get a refund of $100 so essentially the Fitness Golf software with the 160 courses would only cost you $299. The only condition would be that we would ask all members to write a short review on this site, good or bad, describing the golf and fitness modes. Any takers? Aeroburner?
                      Last edited by fitness golfer; 10-08-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• fitness golfer
                        fitness golfer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This offer is no longer valid but we do now have a full-feature demo available!

Thanks for the offer but from reading this is a skytrak only software and i would not honestly never own a skytrak again willingly

Comment

Thanks for the offer but from reading this is a skytrak only software and i would not honestly never own a skytrak again willingly
                        I can't understand the relevance of your posts in this? No interest, just move on. You sound like a ***.

Comment

Working...
                        X