Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Brandon Jeffrey (NET) and @ecarl97 winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - Safeway Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - CIMB Classic with 2 rounds at Kapalua Bay Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-cimb-classic
See more
See less

Official v3.1.1 SkyTrak App Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dxdgenert View Post

OK, here was experience tonight:
    I am using iPhone with the unit inside my garage with an Apple TV. The router is approximately 40 feet from the Skytrak, on the same level but through a metal door.
    Deleted the Skytrak app and reinstalled.
    Performed reset to the Skytrak unit.
    Performed a hard reset on both cable modem and router.
    I was able to use the Skytrak in Direct mode with zero/minimal issues.
    When I entered Network mode, I was having difficulty connecting the Skytrak, losing connection and experiencing misreads.
    When I added my network in the setup wizard, signal strength was good (over half).
    I added a TP Link range extender and created a new "external" network.
    I connected my iPhone, Apple TV and Skytrak to this new network.
    I was able to get consistent results with minimal/zero errors, in Network mode.
    I now tried to add Apple Air Play mirroring into the mix.
    I was able to get consistent results with iPhone, Apple TV and Skytrak on the same network.
    I now tried to add WGT.
    I was not able to load WGT because the external network was too slow.
    I switched my iPhone back to the faster 5 ghz network and was able to get WGT loaded.
    The WGT software was lagging and very glitchy but registered all shots.
    I switched the Apple TV back to the 5 ghz network and the graphics were smooth again, however, the Skytrak lost connection several times and had many misreads.
    I quit WGT and went back into the Skytrak app to see if the unit would perform better, which it did.

So, after all of the trouble shooting, I am back at having spent $200 for the WGT app that I cannot use. I'd really like some help but when I used the Sky Golf chat, I was told to call on the phone, Money-Friday "banker's hours". I'm really struggling with this purchase...
    That's really good troubleshooting! Thanks for the extra effort. So a few things:

1) SkyTrak can only communicate over 2.4Ghz, so you can't use the 5Ghz network.
    2) Have you tried running a speed test on your network? Just because it has good signal strength doesn't mean that it is fast. WGT is a browser-based game, so it needs a fast connection.
    3) I assume your networks are 'under the c' and 'under the c_ext'? If so, that could mean your iPad is hopping back and forth between them while the SkyTrak remains connected only to one (ie you lose connection to the unit in the app)

Comment

Well, here is the result of my tests, as scientific as I could make them. SkyTrak_Seth sent me the old version of the software, which I installed after first deleting the new one.

25 shots with 6 iron - 1 no read and 24 good reads. No random disconnects.
      25 shots with driver - 0 no reads and 25 good reads. No random disconnects.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me. I went from massive no reads and disconnects to 2% disconnects and 0% misreads by going back to the old version.

Same clubs, ball, etc as my previous terrible experiences from the past couple of weeks. Now the Skytrak is function as it has been for months, which is quite enjoyable.

I will not be going to any new version of software until i see lots of glowing reviews with no new issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmorelock View Post
        Well, here is the result of my tests, as scientific as I could make them. SkyTrak_Seth sent me the old version of the software, which I installed after first deleting the new one.

25 shots with 6 iron - 1 no read and 24 good reads. No random disconnects.
        25 shots with driver - 0 no reads and 25 good reads. No random disconnects.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me. I went from massive no reads and disconnects to 2% disconnects and 0% misreads by going back to the old version.

Same clubs, ball, etc as my previous terrible experiences from the past couple of weeks. Now the Skytrak is function as it has been for months, which is quite enjoyable.

I will not be going to any new version of software until i see lots of glowing reviews with no new issues.
        Would you mind trying the same thing after upgrading back to v3.1.1 again? There should be nothing different regarding shot capture. Maybe something got corrupted on the first install? As long as you have the v3.1.0 setup file, you can always drop back. Very curious on this.

Comment

• Tmorelock
          Tmorelock commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, I will do that but maybe tomorrow. just moved my PC back in from the garage and don't want to move it again. for sure I'll do it sometime this weekend.

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post

That's really good troubleshooting! Thanks for the extra effort. So a few things:

1) SkyTrak can only communicate over 2.4Ghz, so you can't use the 5Ghz network.
        2) Have you tried running a speed test on your network? Just because it has good signal strength doesn't mean that it is fast. WGT is a browser-based game, so it needs a fast connection.
        3) I assume your networks are 'under the c' and 'under the c_ext'? If so, that could mean your iPad is hopping back and forth between them while the SkyTrak remains connected only to one (ie you lose connection to the unit in the app)
        Does Skytrak need a fast connection? Can I connect the Skytrak to the Ext network 20mbs and the iPhone and Apple TV to the router (2.4 or 5ghz at 160mbs)? To me, this seems like the only way that I can satisfy the Skytrak’s inability to stay connected to the router (why I don’t know...) and the WGT’s need for a fast bandwidth.

Comment

Not in the same way WGT does. The WGT game is browser-based while SkyTrak is local. So if you have a really slow network connection with SkyTrak, it will just mean that it takes longer for the shot to show up in the app.

Regarding your question, I don't think so - the SkyTrak will need to be connected to the same network the app/iPhone is connected to. Like I mentioned, if it's dropping in and out of connection, my best guess is that the iPhone is hopping back and forth between networks in the background. To prevent this, you can just "forget" the one that the SkyTrak unit is not connected to.

Comment

After updating to v3.1.1, I found that there are not only more no-reads, but also 20% shorter distance for almost all the clubs. I use USB direct connection to PC. So there is no problem with the Wi-Fi speed. Anybody has similar problem?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely no way that anything changed with shot distance

Originally posted by Antony Chang View Post
            After updating to v3.1.1, I found that there are not only more no-reads, but also 20% shorter distance for almost all the clubs. I use USB direct connection to PC. So there is no problem with the Wi-Fi speed. Anybody has similar problem?
            I was one of the first ones to report more no-reads after upgrading to v3.1.1. Still have same problem - but it usually sometimes goes away after I turn off and turn SkyTrak back on and reconnect to SkyTrak app (if that doesn't work I just give up practicing that day).

SkyTrak_Seth , there are def enough people reporting this no-read problem after v3.1.1 that it might no longer be simply coincidence w some other problem (i.e., wifi connection) after upgrading to v3.1.1, and maybe should warrant looking into?

Comment

As suggested to the user above, I think it's worth installing v3.1.1 from scratch to make sure nothing got corrupted during the upgrade. We didn't change anything that could affect shot capture or image analysis, so I'm totally stumped as to how anything with v3.1.1 could cause no-reads. v3.1.1 was such a small release with minimal changes - the only reason I rolled it out was to correct the hit/miss bug in skills assessment. The only work done there was re-mapping the greens.

1) Make sure all your data is synced
              2) Uninstall SkyTrak
              3) Go to C:\Users\current user\ App Data\Local Low and delete the SkyTrak folder in there.
              4) Reinstall v3.1.1

Comment

Hi Seth,

I’m getting the error message as shown attached when installing a fresh copy of a new Win10 Pro HP laptop with 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 2500 cpu & Radeon Vega 8 gpu.

This laptop was bought for SkyTrak 3.1x graphics demand so there isn’t any installation of earlier version.

I tried to practice on my SkyTrak unit with this combo and kept getting no-reads versus other devices. Averaging 1 out of 4 shots when it works otherwise I’m seeing constant Red Red Green LEDs after a few shots. I just give up on it after 2 weeks trying to make it work.

By comparison I also run latest app on iPhone 7 plus yielding no issues whatsoever. Hardly any no-reads.

Another laptop running Win7 Pro 8GB RAM using older 3.0.2 SkyTrak version is my go-to practice station right now because that combo is stable. No-reads average about 1 out of 25 shots. Once in a long while I do get RRG LEDs but nothing like the 3.1.1 combo.
                Please note that ALL three devices are utilized in Direct Mode only. Physical proximity is 4-5ft away from SkyTrak unit.

The thing I see clearly is that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the SkyTrak unit due to the fact that 2 out of 3 devices work almost flawlessly. The Win7 Pro device has been in production for more than 3 months for me, whereas iPhone 7 is 2 weeks testing. NO PROBLEMS unlike 3.1.1 on Win10 Pro device.

Any idea why?
                Last edited by LWGoffa1; 05-27-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

That's a new one for me. Can you try installing v3.2 that just released today? Do you get the same error? Also check to make sure you have Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable installed and that you are installing as Administrator.

Given the app is the same across any platform, it sounds more like the issue with the Win 10 computer. What if you install v3.2 on the Win 7 computer...do you get misreads?

Comment

Hi, Sorry I haven't had a chance to install the new version 3.2 in last few days. Let me give it a spin and will revert after testing. If the v3.2 on win10 device fails again then I will try it on win7 laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X