Official v3.1.1 SkyTrak App Release

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Not in this one, but one step closer to it

  • Tmorelock
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post

    Ah, I found out why I missed it - you sent a visitor message instead of PM (I always miss those). I'll get on it first thing in the morning.
    I had no idea there was such thing as a visitor message. I just clicked your name and typed the message in the window. I do now see the private message button which then takes you to another screen. My bad on that.

    I'm anxious to get the old version back and give it a try. I'll give it a good test and will report back here if it helps or makes no difference at all. I'm really hoping it solves the issue because I don't want to go through the hassle of sending my Skytrak back to be checked out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dan McWhirter
    commented on 's reply
    Saw your post regarding the next upcoming release. Any chance of adding practice for putting? My e6 has a chip and putt practice and it works well...so I'm thinking: why not in the SkyTrak app itself?

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    Originally posted by Dxdgenert View Post
    Good luck getting any help. I have never heard back through these forum threads, personal messages or through Skytrak support email. It seems like we are on our own to solve these issues.
    I just responded to your message. As I've stated before, sometimes I can't get to the forum for days, particularly when there is a new release on the horizon. It's not really my job to monitor the forum but more of a personal initiative, often after the wife and kids are asleep - I do it because I know being here makes the product better, but I just can't be here 100%. I'll do my best to get you up and running tomorrow (see PM).

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    Originally posted by Tmorelock View Post
    Can I please get the old version of the app back?? SkyTrak_Seth you asked me to PM you my email address which I did days ago, and I still don't have it.

    I'm really tired of the app crashing on me. Last night, I tried to hit some 6 irons and after 5-6 straight no reads I gave up.
    Today, I go out to hit some balls and it won't connect in Network Mode. I put it in Direct mode (computer sitting 6 ft from Skytrak) and it connects up. Take a swing, and before displaying shot it disconnects. Back out to main menu, go back in Practice mode...get 3-4 shots off and it disconnects. Repeat, and this time on the first shot it disconnects. At that point I said screw it and shut it off.

    I had none of these issues before this new version of the app came out. The Skytrak has gone from something I used daily to something that is barely usable. I just want to go back to the version that worked for me.
    Ah, I found out why I missed it - you sent a visitor message instead of PM (I always miss those). I'll get on it first thing in the morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dxdgenert
    replied
    Originally posted by Tmorelock View Post
    Can I please get the old version of the app back?? SkyTrak_Seth you asked me to PM you my email address which I did days ago, and I still don't have it.

    I'm really tired of the app crashing on me. Last night, I tried to hit some 6 irons and after 5-6 straight no reads I gave up.
    Today, I go out to hit some balls and it won't connect in Network Mode. I put it in Direct mode (computer sitting 6 ft from Skytrak) and it connects up. Take a swing, and before displaying shot it disconnects. Back out to main menu, go back in Practice mode...get 3-4 shots off and it disconnects. Repeat, and this time on the first shot it disconnects. At that point I said screw it and shut it off.

    I had none of these issues before this new version of the app came out. The Skytrak has gone from something I used daily to something that is barely usable. I just want to go back to the version that worked for me.
    Good luck getting any help. I have never heard back through these forum threads, personal messages or through Skytrak support email. It seems like we are on our own to solve these issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tmorelock
    replied
    Can I please get the old version of the app back?? SkyTrak_Seth you asked me to PM you my email address which I did days ago, and I still don't have it.

    I'm really tired of the app crashing on me. Last night, I tried to hit some 6 irons and after 5-6 straight no reads I gave up.
    Today, I go out to hit some balls and it won't connect in Network Mode. I put it in Direct mode (computer sitting 6 ft from Skytrak) and it connects up. Take a swing, and before displaying shot it disconnects. Back out to main menu, go back in Practice mode...get 3-4 shots off and it disconnects. Repeat, and this time on the first shot it disconnects. At that point I said screw it and shut it off.

    I had none of these issues before this new version of the app came out. The Skytrak has gone from something I used daily to something that is barely usable. I just want to go back to the version that worked for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tmorelock
    commented on 's reply
    SkyTrak_Seth, I sent you my email in a PM several days ago but haven't seen it from you yet. Please send it to my email asap.

  • GM23
    replied
    Sorry, moved post to another thread.
    Last edited by GM23; 04-25-2018, 05:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dxdgenert
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • N54TT
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately I’m only iOS and MacOS

  • Dxdgenert
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post

    There is a small chance it could be the Wi-Fi module in the hardware. But more likely that your iPad is hopping back and forth between networks in the background or simply dropping packets, particularly since you say it works better in direct mode. As far as the unit is concerned, it makes no difference to it whether it is in direct or network mode - it uses the same Wi-Fi module for both. It sounds like a combination of problems that are leading to your frustrations (which are understandable!). Would you mind sending me a picture of your setup? And maybe a screenshot or 2 of bad data.
    OK, here was experience tonight:
    I am using iPhone with the unit inside my garage with an Apple TV. The router is approximately 40 feet from the Skytrak, on the same level but through a metal door.
    Deleted the Skytrak app and reinstalled.
    Performed reset to the Skytrak unit.
    Performed a hard reset on both cable modem and router.
    I was able to use the Skytrak in Direct mode with zero/minimal issues.
    When I entered Network mode, I was having difficulty connecting the Skytrak, losing connection and experiencing misreads.
    When I added my network in the setup wizard, signal strength was good (over half).
    I added a TP Link range extender and created a new "external" network.
    I connected my iPhone, Apple TV and Skytrak to this new network.
    I was able to get consistent results with minimal/zero errors, in Network mode.
    I now tried to add Apple Air Play mirroring into the mix.
    I was able to get consistent results with iPhone, Apple TV and Skytrak on the same network.
    I now tried to add WGT.
    I was not able to load WGT because the external network was too slow.
    I switched my iPhone back to the faster 5 ghz network and was able to get WGT loaded.
    The WGT software was lagging and very glitchy but registered all shots.
    I switched the Apple TV back to the 5 ghz network and the graphics were smooth again, however, the Skytrak lost connection several times and had many misreads.
    I quit WGT and went back into the Skytrak app to see if the unit would perform better, which it did.

    So, after all of the trouble shooting, I am back at having spent $200 for the WGT app that I cannot use. I'd really like some help but when I used the Sky Golf chat, I was told to call on the phone, Money-Friday "banker's hours". I'm really struggling with this purchase...

    Leave a comment:


  • Lgnir
    replied
    I have to count myself as one of the lucky ones I guess. I haven't had any issues since the update. In fact, I am very pleased with that little addition of being able to place different sized greens out on the driving range. It really gives me more to focus on! I haven't even tried the fairway mode yet!

    Keep up the good work SkyTrak!!

    Leave a comment:


  • dagratest816
    commented on 's reply
    +1 in the category of the comment above i havent had any issues using the skytrak software or also TGC software

  • Dxdgenert
    commented on 's reply
    Given my circumstances, how would you recommend that I begin to troubleshoot the problem?
Working...