JNPG seeing Skytrack unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JNPG seeing Skytrack unit

Got the Skytrack out the box got it working ALL ok.
    Up graded to the Game Improvement.

Went to Sky Caddie did Sync thing

Went to Steam, and paid there money.

Went and bought JNPG BEFORE the deadline.. ( I can see the purchase in Skycaddie)

Open JNPG and it recognises me but not my Skytrack
    I can play it if I have a Game controller or something …

What am I missing… where can I try for JNPG to see my Skytrack ?
    I can Log Out off Skytrack but JNPG does not see my unit and I am logged onto JNPG

Spent a couple of days on this

Did you go in JNPG to Settings>Controls, change swing type to Simulation, and Simulator to Skytrak?

Comment

Don’t you need the *** interface or is that just for the tour?

Comment

No, the interface is not needed to run JNPG with SkyTrak. I think that's mainly for GC2 users
        Last edited by Whiskeybent; 06-12-2018, 02:01 AM.

Comment

https://www.skygolf.com/skygolf/supp...f_UserDoc.ashx This should help. How are you connecting the skytrak to the PC?

Comment

One of the issues I had with JNPG was finding the skytrak unit and/or a connection to perfect golf. When you launch skytrak there should be two screens launched. One is Rhapsodo screen and the splash screen for JNPG. Go to the Rhapsodo screen and you can see it search for skytrak and find the device and make a connection to your PC. You need both lights to be green (not the light on skyrak but the lights on the rhapsodo screen.

If I could not connect I would just try 10 min later and it all worked.

Comment

Try running the Rapsodo connection interface by itself, I don't know the full path as I installed in a custom location but below is most of the path.

\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Apps\PGSimConsole\PGSimConnector.exe

If in doubt just search your PC for PGSimConnector.exe and you should be able to find it. When this is launched select Skytrak then connect to Skytrak. Then pay attention to the output in the lower half of your screen. You will probably see some kind of error if it's not seeing your Skytrak. If you see and unprovisioned device error then that means there is an issue with your subscription and you will need to check with Skytrak what is going on.

Comment

I have done the JNPG to Settings>Controls, change swing type to Simulation, and Simulator to Skytrak

So now I have red dash next to Skytrack in Simulater.
                But below it in the Simulater mode it has none - it should have USB and i cannot change it.

Also when in the PG Simulater mode there is the 2 red lights and will not change to Green.
                plus seeing 3 SW errors on the bottom of page
                1 of them is Could not load DLL'C:/Program Files...........

Comment

Simmb that worked for me ... However I figured it out by when changing to simulator in the software it launched this instead of the other interface it normally did... i didnt know the file path which helps.
                  however if i just run that app, i get "Perfect Golf Failed to Connect , the operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets"
                  So the game actually has to be loaded before you can run the connection.
                  However if you do it 1 time, then its good to go from then on.

However when you then launch the game, it will auto launch the connection piece, but once its connected you then have to click the game to get back in. not a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by baldieUK View Post
                    I have done the JNPG to Settings>Controls, change swing type to Simulation, and Simulator to Skytrak

So now I have red dash next to Skytrack in Simulater.
                    But below it in the Simulater mode it has none - it should have USB and i cannot change it.

Also when in the PG Simulater mode there is the 2 red lights and will not change to Green.
                    plus seeing 3 SW errors on the bottom of page
                    1 of them is Could not load DLL'C:/Program Files...........
                    Can you read anymore of what it says in the bottom of PGSimConnector screen? Should say RIPE discovering box or something similar, it should say connected after a few seconds.
                    I don't think you can change the Simulator mode to USB in JNPG so I wouldn't worry about that, it should say USB in the connector screen, click the Simulator Connect at the top of the page and title of the window should say it's Skytrak USB (see attached)

Other than that I would unistall and re-install, one other thing I would check is that you do have a good internet connection where your PC is located and your PC is not connected to your Skytrak Wifi.

Comment

Yes I did get to that stage but no further.

I went onto online support and online chat was instant and helpful.

I had to uninstall the 64bit and then load up 32bit and instantly JNPG in the above picture went 2 lights on green.

So I have it finally working ... and thanks for all the input and posts

I

Comment

• simmb
                        simmb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Glad it's working. Did you do the full subscription package that lets you play user created courses?

Not sure

I paid the £225gbp - i thought that was the only payment ?

Comment

There are 3 subscription plans, you got the full package that gives you access to everything. Only reason I asked is becasue getting access to the user created courses is not that obvious so if you need help just shout.

Comment

Just bought pg, fired up the game and it won’t allow me select simulator in the control settings...help 🤔

Comment

Make sure you do not have an open round or range session going. If so, click 'end round' and try again

Comment

• Jasonstanley
                              Jasonstanley commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes I did check that, just wondered if it takes time to register after purchasing or should it be instant. Thanks for replying anyways
                          Working...
                          X