Miss Read/ No Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Read/ No Read

I used to use this a lot indoors when it first came out, and did so for about 6 month and it was great, then I unfortunately got too busy to play golf.
    But now I'm back playing again I was all excited to see how much this had come on, but the bloody thing is terrible at miss reads now. I reckon about 75% of my shots with a 7 iron miss read, and the annoying thing is it's the better ones that don't seem to register.
    I don't think I'm doing anything different, other than using it outside, but it's cloudy nearly all the time so it really should not be struggling.
    Back in the day about 10% wouldn't read, maybe even less, but it seems this has got worse, not better.

Direct Mode
    IPad Air 2
    Version 3.2.1
    Hitting outdoors (mostly cloudy)
    Hitting off a mat
    White ball (with a couple of markings)
    7i
    Ball on the dot (also tried the ball around the entire clock face)
    Ball launching about 20-27 degrees
    Ball MPH 90-110
    Lasers are clean, front is clean and it's never been hit by a ball (or anything)

Anyone got any ideas?

Logo towards skytrak?

NVM just read the whole sentence. "Ball on the dot (also tried the ball around the entire clock face)"

Maybe change balls? I was using wilson DUOs and Refub Prov1s. My no reads were about 50%. I was ready to hit it with a wedge one night.

Finally, I purchased a box of Supersofts and its been amazing since. If I play a round on TGC. My only no reads are on the putts.
    Last edited by triplebogeysrbetter; 06-19-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Be interesting what people have to say on this. My Skytrak was behaving just fine for it's first 14 months or so, had the ocassional dodgy read and no read but nothing major. Last few weeks it has been terrible, miss reads almost every shot and the ones it does pick up are just questionable as to the accuracy. Just played a tournament round and I am not an angry golfer but this almost pushed me over the edge. It's so bad it makes me not want to use it, it's just not fun taking 20 swipes at every shot only for it to pick up one then send the ball directly left or right. I got more chance of winning the lottery than hitting a straight shot on my Skytrak at the moment.
      Nothing has changed with my setup and I am hitting indoors with not much sunlight entering the room.

Comment

Using literally the exact same balls I was using a couple of years prior, which are Bidgestone E7's. Always used the same balls for practice sessions so I could compare my numbers and I also put a few permanent marker lines on the balls to help the system pick up the spin better prior, found them in my golf bag so been using the same ones again. They're a little beat up, but that never caused an issue before, in fact the beat up ones used to seem to work better.

Going to set it up inside to see if it makes a difference, but to be honest I shouldn't have to. It should work inside and out and with any ball by now.

Comment

• Greasegun
          Greasegun commented
          Editing a comment
          I have had alot of troubles with no reads as well. Last night I took the unit out of the FMJ protective case and it seemed to work better with about 10% no reads. If you have it in a case maybe try it out of the case for a bit if your having trouble.

Hey there, I too had this problem. I was using Skytrak fine as per recommended set up all along. I stopped using Skytrak for a month recently and suddenly found this misread error too when I played yesterday. I was frustrated as well.

Finally figured out that I had to place the ball about an inch nearer to the Skytrak unit (12 o’clock) for anything longer than a pitching wedge. I guess you have to move the ball around the laser dot and take half swings with a hybrid or something until you get a spot with a consistent read. Hope hare is helps.

Comment

Will give that a try PalmLine, if it's not back to normal when I move it indoors. Hoping to test again tonight.

Comment

is the skytrak on the mat? If so, it shouldn't be. If it isn't, make sure it's level with the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by jut111 View Post
              is the skytrak on the mat? If so, it shouldn't be. If it isn't, make sure it's level with the mat.
              Why shouldn't it be on the mat? The mat is pretty heavy duty and sat on a concrete floor, so I imagine it's not moving much, if anything at all.

Comment

• jut111
                jut111 commented
                Editing a comment
                Worth a shot no?

It's a lot better indoors, registers nearly all shots and having the ball just at 3 O'Clock of the dot seems to work best. On the mat/ off the mat made no difference but to be honest I'll now keep it off the mat in case there are any slight movements to the Skytrack. Now I just need to sort out why my ball starts 3-5 degrees left and then hooks . Need to check my lie impact somehow or weaken my grip a touch I think.

Comment

Working...
              X