Weird position of the ball to get Skytrak to read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird position of the ball to get Skytrak to read

Skytrak worked fine when I bought it in June. Recently (last 2 updates) it was no longer reading shots along the laser line (top light does not turn red after swing). I experimented different zones around the laser dot and found that it will read only if I placed the ball closer to the unit. See picture. Anyone else has this problem?

Great post, having shot read issues.....didn’t work for me . Getting in touch with skytrak this week, will post their feedback on non-reads. Good service so far.

Comment

• Alphaseekr
      Alphaseekr commented
      Editing a comment
      Hardware issues, skytrak fixing for $$. Posted the actual fix in another thread.

Just looking at your pic, it looks to me like your unit is too low. It's showing the lip of the rod guide level with the top of the hitting mat. This would mean that the unit is sitting below.
    I have best results with mine when the base sitting slightly above. About 1/4" or so. The dot moves farther away from the unit.
    Seems to me that somewhere some one said that he dot should be around 11" from the unit.

Comment

• jut111
      jut111 commented
      Editing a comment
      was about to post the same, clearly too low.

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack
    Just looking at your pic, it looks to me like your unit is too low. It's showing the lip of the rod guide level with the top of the hitting mat. This would mean that the unit is sitting below.
    I have best results with mine when the base sitting slightly above. About 1/4" or so. The dot moves farther away from the unit.
    Seems to me that somewhere some one said that he dot should be around 11" from the unit.
    Will try that out and update. Thanks!

Comment

I’ve raised the height but still no difference. I measured the distance of the laser dot and it is 11 inches.

At least the unit still functions when I place the ball at that location (2 inches towards the unit). I’ll live with that for now I guess.

Comment

I'd definitely contact them tho pal.

Comment

Do you find your shots to be an accurate reflection of what you tend to see IRL?

Comment

Yes. Distances seem ok to me.

Comment

Hi guys, just to update, I sent it in for repairs and true enough be trigger laser needed to be replaced. FYI if you encounter a similar problem. Cheers

Comment

Wow, good to know.

Comment

what was all in cost?

Comment

It would be great to know what the MTBF (mean time between failures) is for the laser curtain. A few have been mentioned that it happened to their unit on the forum, but there are 20K units out there. Is failure inevitable after x amount of time, or is it just bad luck? What are the costs for repair?

Comment

My unit is in for it’s 3rd repair this year, motherboard, flashboard both replaced. Unit is 2-years old, never been hit with a ball, case protected whole time. Probably sub 3-5k shots total. I am second owner, taking over from friend. Skygolf service team has been excellent to date. I’m certain that I’m the exception.

Comment

How did you source or identify 20k units out there?

Comment

Working...
                        X