Game improvement expiration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game improvement expiration question

My game improvement package will expire soon, but I don't want to renew it until November ish. Will this screw up anything - such as 1) making it a mess to renew later?... Or 2) screwing up anything with my TGC license and/or getting that going again in a couple months.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by allen2be View Post
    My game improvement package will expire soon, but I don't want to renew it until November ish. Will this screw up anything - such as 1) making it a mess to renew later?... Or 2) screwing up anything with my TGC license and/or getting that going again in a couple months.

Thanks for the help.
    allen2be , did you have any problem letting your GIP expire and buy again later after a brief time off? I did same recently after 3 months off and they messed it up completely giving my new plan only 9 months till expiration (makes no sense whatsoever - so if I buy new 1-year plan 1 year after previous plan had expire, will it just simply expire immediately?). SkyGolf customer service is so horrible I'm really thinking about selling my SkyTrak and take the plunge into GC2 (so don't have to deal w customer service at SkyGolf anymore or the ridiculous annual fee to use your unit).

Comment

Well I didn't think there was any issues, but it looks like mine might be doing something like yours.. so I'm tagging the Skytrak guys on this and maybe they can help.

I re-upped it on 9/29/2018, but on my skygolf account it shows that it'll expire on 9/13/2019 (so it looks like it's robbing me of a couple weeks, like yours was robbing you of 3 months)

SkyTrak_James SkyTrak_Jordan SkyTrak_Rahim SkyTrak_Seth

Comment

That’s the same cheesiness demonstrated by not committing to allow a free upgrade to E6 connect if you purchase E6 1.6 now. It’s known that Connect is coming out soon so why not commit to an upgrade when it comes out...cheesy

Comment

My account seems to show the same issue. I renewed 1/4/19 but my plan date shows good through 11/18/19. Could be just a bug in how the website shows the subscription but I suppose we need to get it ironed out.

Comment

I just renewed mine earlier this week about 20 days before expiration (1/29/19), and its showing in my account now as good through 1/29/20. However, it wasn't showing up at all at first, and I tried using their text support option, and got an autoresponder text back saying their text support staff is out of the office, and that I should call instead. What's the point of a text support option then? I wasn't looking for an immediate response. Oh well. I will say at least, I like their product! Good luck with your renewals, and dealing with SkyTrak support!

Comment

Hey guys, let me forward this to the correct department. It may be related to the new website/shopping cart launch, but I'm doubtful. You should not have any issue letting your GIP expire and re-buying later in regards to TGC. TGC checks for a license file associated with the GIP, so you wouldn't be able to use TGC during that lapse, but it should pick up immediately when you re-buy. I'll look into this right away on the renewals.
              Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 01-18-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Just got a response back, so hopefully I can clear things up here.

Their system stores your data year-round, even when your GIP expires. The GIP simply grants you access to that data. That's why you "lose time" during the lapse in regards to your membership duration. They do have systems in place to send 3 reminder emails when your membership is nearing expiration to avoid this happening. But in the case it does, simply contact customer support - there are exceptions to every rule. And as always, if you get in a bind, just reach out to me on here.

Comment

If you've ever owned a skygolf gps, this is their standard operating procedure. Had the same issue a couple times with those devices.

Comment

• doublebogey
                    doublebogey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why does this not surprise me w the way SkyGolf conducts business?

So, we are SOL about lost time? Or it's getting fixed?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As I mentioned above, contact customer support

• allen2be
                    allen2be commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will do. Thanks

• doublebogey
                    doublebogey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've contacted customer support and got it sorted out after 2 days of chasing. Also checked my previous subscriptions and seems like I have lost a month or so here and there but I never noticed. But this time paying for 12 months and getting only 9 months was a bit extreme.
                Working...
                X