Official v3.3.1 SkyTrak App Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official v3.3.1 SkyTrak App Release

With the exception of adding the randomizer to practice greens, this is mainly a clean-up release to take care of a few bugs uncovered in v3.3. Thanks for the continued feedback and suggestions!!

- Added Randomizer to Practice Greens
    - Added ability to select number of clubs and swing types within Wedge Matrix
    - Fixed Laser Switching (RH-LH) bug when changing activities
    - Fixed Shot Optimizer display bug on certain PC’s
    - Fixed Android export bug
    - Added export for Event Mode
    - Added Replay button to challenges
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements

Discover SkyTrak™: The top home golf simulator and professional-grade launch monitor. Experience unmatched accuracy, reliability, and value for money. Shop now at the SkyTrak™ Online Store.

Are you planning to post a summary of your findings from the ball speed testing?

Comment

Hello,

I am pretty confident in my login/password and cant login after the update :-(

Comment

UPDATE : I re-install 3.3.0 and no problem to login with my login/password ...

I do something wrong SkyTrak_Seth ?

ps : i am using windows 10 x64
        Last edited by Ykaar; 10-16-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you try again? It could have been a server/network issue.

• Ykaar
          Ykaar commented
          Editing a comment
          It is working this morning thank you !

Originally posted by Ykaar View Post
        Hello,

I am pretty confident in my login/password and cant login after the update :-(
        I was able to login on my iPhone without issue on version 3.3.1.

Comment

Originally posted by trumb1mj View Post
          Are you planning to post a summary of your findings from the ball speed testing?
          Yep, as soon as we finish compiling all the data.

Comment

Can’t wait to use these features! The practise green randomiser is a game changer (if it is what I think it is).

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth

- Added Randomizer to Practice Greens
            - Added ability to select number of clubs and swing types within Wedge Matrix

Comment

The great:

- I appreciate how responsive Skytrak has been (particularly SkyTrak_Seth) in addressing suggestions and listening to feedback
              - The LH/RH bug does appear to be fixed
              - Not sure if it was specifically addressed (and it's only one night) but I was able to exit my iPad app, use my PC for a bit, come back after dinner and my unit always reconnected to my iPad without needing to reboot my iPad once (this never happened as of a couple versions ago)
              - The randomizer is super addictive and great practice

The close to great:

- I am appreciative how quickly Skytrak got the current version of the randomizer in to the app but it doesn't go quite as far as I had hoped
              - I was hoping it would be closer to the skills assessment (SA) functionality and here is what I think would be ideal:
              • Turn on randomizer either in SA or practice session
              • Setup same as current where range of distances is set and it indefinitely cycles through
              • Each shot is graded like in SA whereby it shows the feet away from the hole and estimated handicap
              • The data shows you the handicap of your most recent shot and average over the session
              • If you choose your club before each shot (which I was doing and it wasn't really onerous as I was treating each shot like a real shot on the course and starting at my bag which is next to my iPad) then when you go to summary stats or as you exit your session you get a popup like in SA whereby you can scroll through by club and it shows that clubs hit percent, scatter plot around the hole, average distance from hole and tendency (this may require Skytrak to track coordinates away from pin to consolidate as you could have a bunch of different exact yardage flags you hit your 7 iron at)
              • To me this would be an amazing practice tool and provide extremely valuable "real world" feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Gresh12 View Post
                The great:

- I appreciate how responsive Skytrak has been (particularly SkyTrak_Seth) in addressing suggestions and listening to feedback
                - The LH/RH bug does appear to be fixed
                - Not sure if it was specifically addressed (and it's only one night) but I was able to exit my iPad app, use my PC for a bit, come back after dinner and my unit always reconnected to my iPad without needing to reboot my iPad once (this never happened as of a couple versions ago)
                - The randomizer is super addictive and great practice

The close to great:

- I am appreciative how quickly Skytrak got the current version of the randomizer in to the app but it doesn't go quite as far as I had hoped
                - I was hoping it would be closer to the skills assessment (SA) functionality and here is what I think would be ideal:
                • Turn on randomizer either in SA or practice session
                • Setup same as current where range of distances is set and it indefinitely cycles through
                • Each shot is graded like in SA whereby it shows the feet away from the hole and estimated handicap
                • The data shows you the handicap of your most recent shot and average over the session
                • If you choose your club before each shot (which I was doing and it wasn't really onerous as I was treating each shot like a real shot on the course and starting at my bag which is next to my iPad) then when you go to summary stats or as you exit your session you get a popup like in SA whereby you can scroll through by club and it shows that clubs hit percent, scatter plot around the hole, average distance from hole and tendency (this may require Skytrak to track coordinates away from pin to consolidate as you could have a bunch of different exact yardage flags you hit your 7 iron at)
                • To me this would be an amazing practice tool and provide extremely valuable "real world" feedback
                Those are really great suggestions for upping the game with the randomizer. I agree, I'd like for there to be much more reporting on it, but that didn't really fit in practice greens nor in skills assessment. I may even make something like that it's own dedicated activity.

Comment

I've mentioned this before but the ultimate feature for the way I use SkyTrak would be combining the fairway and greens feature for a FIR/GIR 18 hole simulation. Hit from a "tee" then hit your approach. At the end of 18 holes you get a grade on FIR/GIR/proximity.

Initially you could have a super generic setup that makes a 72 hole course (4 par 3s, 4 par 5s and 10 par 4s) that allow for 1 shot on the par 3s, 2 shots on the par 4s and 3 shots on the par 5s. Maybe have predefined tees for all skill/length levels.

Eventually you could allow users to build and save their own 18 holes.

To me, this is the next level for SkyTrak software and it seems all the building blocks are there to make such a feature.

Comment

For sure. Working our way in that direction

Comment

I had some difficulties logging in after the update. I had to make sure I was logged out on ALL my devices.
                      After that It was no problem.

Comment

The bug in plotting the strike trajectory is still unfixed. The bug occurs during a session. If I close the session and continue to hit history, plotting is OK.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                          SkyTrak_Seth commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I cannot reproduce this for the life of me. I tried to replicate your exact same scenario and can't get it fail. Let me dig in a bit further, but it may have to do with localization.

I fell in love with a new feature that randomly generates a distance to the PIN at the driving range.

Unfortunately, it contains a bug when displaying a PIN position. Does not match the distance before the stroke and the actual PIN distance. I attached screenshots.

One more suggestion - would it be possible to extend this functionality to the Fairway session? Randomly generate a distance for dogleg and its direction (left, right).

Comment

Originally posted by Mirek_62 View Post
                          I fell in love with a new feature that randomly generates a distance to the PIN at the driving range.

Unfortunately, it contains a bug when displaying a PIN position. Does not match the distance before the stroke and the actual PIN distance. I attached screenshots.

One more suggestion - would it be possible to extend this functionality to the Fairway session? Randomly generate a distance for dogleg and its direction (left, right).
                          Ah, great catch! This is just a units of measurements bug. I am planning to release a patch next week to take care of a similar bug in challenge setup, so I'll include this as well. Thanks for the find!

I suppose we could extend it to fairways, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X