Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

Delay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay

I have been told there is quite a bit of a delay on the skytrak. Anybody care to share with me their experiences on it, maybe how much of a delay after hitting the ball it appears on the screen?

It’s a couple seconds at most under typical conditions. Some people have longer delays, maybe network or set up dictated? Some people report being bothered by it. Not my experience. I hardly notice and actually quite like it to reflect on what I did or didn’t do. Watch YouTube videos to evidence it yourself.

Comment

Good advice above. You can find YouTube videos that will show you. My normal delay is 2 seconds, sometimes a little less. But there will always be a delay. Network traffic can slow it down in my experience.

Comment

I took this video comparing my SkyTrak to my GC2 on the same computer, running TGC on Sawgrass #17.

https://youtu.be/dMYso24OALk
        I made this video comparing my old SkyTrak with my new to me GC2. For what it's worth, the computer specs are i5 4690s 3.2ghz 8gb RAM with GTX 750ti.
        Last edited by Godfather; 10-20-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

im connected via micro usb to usb adapter straight into a usb 3.0 cable and the usb 3.0 port on my pc. i would say its marginally quicker than using 2.0 but thats just my guess. it usually sits at no longer than 2 - 2 1/2 seconds from when the ball hits the screen

Comment

I actually like the delay... my irons and my driver give me feedback to know where I hit it on the club face and that can give me some time to predict my shot result. It's a great learning tool in that sense. In a perfect world I could adjust the delay but I've learned to live with it and even appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
            X