Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

Is it worth it with WGT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it with WGT?

I have added an impact screen (not official impact material but working so far) and a projector this year and really trying to rationalize the upgrade to Skytrak from Optishot. The IOS setup doesn't get great reviews and is limited to WGT, which I hear is not great. If that's the case, what do I need in a PC to handle the better simulation software? I had a bad experience with R-Motion last year (ended up going to Optishot) when my new laptop w/ NVIDIA graphics couldn't manage "TheGolfClub" sim. I'm trying to keep the $$ down so my better half doesn't make my life a holy hell, suggestions?? Thanks everyone & Merry Christmas! ~ Z

WGT isn’t worth it to be honest. I used it for about a week and got bored. If it’s all you’re able to afford for a year, while saving for the upgraded PC and Sim software, then sure.

Comment

Skytrak and WGT is better than opti. If you can swing it now and upgrade later for computer and software, then do it.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I had Opti for a couple years and it sucked. I finally saved up and got Skytrak and it’s amazing! Club distances right on the mark right out of the box. WGT is fine for what it is. It’s a good cheap option. I’m currently downloading my 30day free trial of E6. I’m very excited for that. I have a very basic $250 laptop so we will see how it runs. It meets the minimum requirements so hopefully it will work ok.

Comment

In my honest opinion...WGT has incredible graphics. Their flight model and ground physics are also excellent. The only thing lacking is that it isn't a true 3D simulation. That's a trade off due to the photo-realistic graphics - you are stuck with certain perspectives. I only hope that this will continue to improve with time. You also don't have vast multiplayer options. But for a mobile option, WGT is a no-brainer.
            Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 12-05-2018, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nate, I would really be interested in knowing how your laptop works out. I have a relatively new Surfacebook 2 with an i7 processor an a Nvidia GPU with 1gb dedicated ram. Seth (from Skytrak) can you comment on this? Are there trials available so I might test TGC or E6? Very appreciative of your help!!

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
                Editing a comment
                What are you trying to run with the surface pro?
                Under the skytraks website there is the minimum hardware requirements.

• Nate4429
                Nate4429 commented
                Editing a comment
                So I’ve now played the E6 trial version on my laptop and it’s adequate. Lag time of 10sec from impact to ball flight. A lot longer then 3 sec on my iPhone 7 for WGT. Using the Skytrak app through the laptop only has a lag time of 5sec. I think that’s because E6 has the 3D graphics that slows it down. I like the E6 due to the multi player aspect...but 10sec is a bit of a wait. Here’s my Laptop specs from the box. That’s all I know. I’m a Mac guy at heart

AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 Accelerated Processor
                500gb Hard Drive
                4096MB DDR4 SDRAM
                Windows 10

I’m not sure what graphics card it has or how to look up that info.

I'm doubtful a $250 laptop is going to run E6 1.6. However, their new CONNECT platform has a mobile option, so it may run that just fine. I know that TruGolf has a 30 day trial, but I don't think TGC does.

Comment

• Nate4429
                Nate4429 commented
                Editing a comment
                Seth do you know if the Connect going to be available for IOS?
            Working...
            X