Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Skytrak alignment and misreads - BIG problem!! need help as close to giving up on it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers blitz12 and simmb , the zinus 3" mattress topper sounds good but I'm from the UK so would need to source an equivalent. I'm contemplating just buying 3" foam to go behind the screen and stick it to the back panel using spray on glue. I take your point with the loft insulation being a bit messy so will leave that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by David Williams 'Chips' View Post
      Cheers blitz12 and simmb , the zinus 3" mattress topper sounds good but I'm from the UK so would need to source an equivalent. I'm contemplating just buying 3" foam to go behind the screen and stick it to the back panel using spray on glue. I take your point with the loft insulation being a bit messy so will leave that idea.
      Like I say the Rockwool sound insulation panels are not too bad they tend to stay together better then the roll stuff, On offer in Selco at the moment as well I think If not get yourself down to Dunelm or have a look on amazon they have tons of foam and toppers to choose from.

Comment

How much you pay simmb ?

Comment

How much you pay simmb ?
          It's £28 at the moment in Selco for 2.88M2 also Wickes have it at the same price I think(if you don't have a Selco account). I didn't cover the whole wall just the bit behind where the ball impacts the screen. I had some left over from my build so not sure how long it will last but it still looks ok after 3 months of use.

Comment

Happy days, i've never heard of Celco but there's 1 around 16 miles away, nice one, thanks.

Comment

I mean selco

Comment

I mean selco
                Be carefull though Selco is trade only so you need to have an account with them. Wickes is a free for all and I think they do delivery, not sure what the delivery charge would be on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post

Be carefull though Selco is trade only so you need to have an account with them. Wickes is a free for all and I think they do delivery, not sure what the delivery charge would be on that though.
                  I bought some today mate, didn't need a card. I'll put it up tomorrow and feedback, fingers crossed.

Comment

It hasn't worked, . Will contact screen seller, he'll nees to look at it or I'll be getting money back and buying screen elsewhere.

Comment

Ah man that is gutting. Is the ball actually impacting the insulation or is the screen just trampolining the ball back before it hits anything behind? Also what screen do you have?

Comment

I was always convinced the ball was bouncing straight off the screen but a mate of mine seemed to think the ball was bouncing off the back wall. I'm now even more convinced it's trampolining straight off the screen but I'm puzzled now. Luckily the seller lives not too far from me and coming thesTue to take a look.

Comment

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Comment

Just an FYI: not 100% sure what I’m seeing in your pics but the mattress topper/insulation is not supposed to be stuck to the wall. It should be free hanging behind the impact zone on your screen, attached at the top either to the same fixing rail as your screen or one between the screen and wall. The ball will then hit the topper and “push” it towards the wall, absorbing the force with the larger weight... or at least that’s the theory...

Comment

Did the screen seller do the install? cause that's the problem here.

Comment

I had six inches extra screen along the bottom. Total screen 12 x 9. I found a heavy pipe ten feet long and wrapped the extra screen around it and clamped...the weight also took out the hitting area dent for a better TV picture. Balls hit then drop straight down, contrary to expectations, but I figure the weight changed the screen response. Flying tees are a different story, they were shooting back like nails, scary and actually dangerous. I got some tee weights, little ceramic figurines with cord and a loop to attach the tee. They work great, but one figurine came apart and required glue. With a good cord and loop that looks strong to last, I'll replace the figurines with fishing weights.

Comment

Working...
                                X