Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

No reads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reads

I finally felt the wrath of the no read bug. Last night (in the dark and with artificial light) 4 out of 5 shots with a 9i were no reads. This is super frustrating. I'm going to be so p!$$ed if I have to replace a $300 part on a less than 2 year old unit...

Did you try left handed?

Comment

No, I'll try that tonight if the problems continue.

Comment

I've been seeing a lot of laser curtain failures recently. If "opposite hand" (I should have said) works then that seems to be the common issue. Good luck.

Comment

I assume since you have had your unit for so long you know all the tips and tricks. With a 9I i can place the ball as much as 1-2 inch in front of the laser to get good reads. I also have since switched to a USB wireless adapter and connect to Skytrak in direct mode. I direct mode, I have almost no reads unless the shot is very wild.

Comment

• trumb1mj
            trumb1mj commented
            Editing a comment
            I have never had issues with no reads (as long as the sun is down) and last night, out of no where, it was prevalent.

If the laser curtain went, you shouldn't have any reads at all. It is possible that it is on the fritz, as I recall somebody else mentioning that their curtain died a slow death. However, the most likely culprit for sudden increase in no reads (with nothing else changed) is networking related issues.

Comment

Will be curious to know how you resolve this. Wifi i was getting some days good results some days bad. Then i bought a long USB cable and have been using that. But even with that it is inconsistent. The other day i hit 60 practice balls + 1 round of golf, then on the 2nd round on the 7th hole i had four 8 iron misses. So i changed to 9 iron in game and it read fine, then i had no issues the rest of the round with any club. On a miss the red dot leaves like the shot was made. It just doesn't post the shot. Would love to know what causes that and your issue

Comment

Could be network as above. Could be environmental - was there anything different behind you (thinking golf bag, spare shoes, other clubs, etc)? Old scuffed balls can cause it, if the logo is distorted or not crisp enough. It can also be as simple as wearing different clothes. Some trousers are uv reflective, even dark grey/black ones. Were you wearing the same stuff as usual, or was anything different?

Comment

Zero no reads tonight... I have no idea.

Comment

I would bet it was some type of network issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X