Originally posted by htdumps
View Post
Light Over Skytrak.
Collapse
X
-
So folks, is the general consensus a light is needed at nighttime and/or for dark areas for the ST to get proper reads? Seth from ST claims that's not the case. I do have a light box in the ceiling I can use for putting in a light to direct over the hitting area.
Comment
-
I have noticed that it doesn't make a difference. The ambient light from my projector seems to be enough if any lighting is necessary, but I don't like it too dark over the ball so have either my over head light bulb or just the garage opener lights on.
I want to say that the cameras are also infrared? So a small amount of light is really all that is needed.
-
No light is needed to get proper reads. The OP needed sufficient lighting to capture the club face and ball on video at impact. High frame rate slow motion video requires a well lit subject. The question is whether said light interferes with ST reads. The answer seems to be that it won't as long as it doesn't shine directly into the ST.
-
-
-
I just put this attachment on the light and had to turn the power way down. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1Originally posted by htdumps View PostEnded up getting this light and its amazing, no flicker on cameras https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-100W-Ph...QAAOSwnVhaOAut
Thinking about mounting the light on the ceiling now.
Comment
Comment