TGC 2019 Shortest Courses For Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Shortest Courses For Kids

Hi! Now that TGC 2019 is up and running, I am looking for a list of shortest courses that I can play with my kids. A close to normal length course from the back tees with really short Distance kids tees would be ideal. Does anyone know how to search for something like this or know of a premade list? Thanks!

I am also looking for really short courses or courses that have family/kids tees around 3500 yards for my 6 and 8 yo boys...and wife eventually as well

Comment

Not a full course, but I built the masters par 3 with regular and kids tees so the kids can work on their short game too.

Comment

Great, which specific one is yours?

Comment

• Laboroflove
          Laboroflove commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the delay. The Masters Par 3 Lidar

What about basic Par 3 courses? Those are typically around that distance. Granted, you won't be able to hit driver, but that is kind of the trade off.

Not sure how many courses are built with that in mind, if any.

The lovely thing about TGC2019 is creating your own course with your specific needs using the template designer. The course will just create itself and you can create 18 additional tee boxes in the yardage you are looking for. I think this would be the best outcome rather than waiting for others to create new tee boxes in existing courses if there aren't ones already out there.
        -KillaCale8

Comment

I’m still looking for one that is young kid friendly and gets me up to about a hybrid. Masters par 3 is okay, but I think I would prefer greens that aren’t so tricky. Also my wife doesn’t care for all the water.

Comment

My cantigny hillside 9 hole course has junior tees. My son is 7yo so I set his distance to 90 yrd for Par 4s and I think 120-150 for par 5's.
            I've play with him with me doing the back tees.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

Thanks everyone! I’m really looking for a course where the entire family gets to hit driver but I’ll check these other ones out.

Comment

I just published Naperville Country Club. The lidar data wasn't very accurate so had to do more sculpting. I did add junior tees so I can play with my son who is 7yo. I set the distances with him in mind so Par 4's tend to play 120, Par 5 180-200, and Par 3's 60-70.

Name is:
                Naperville CC IL Jr
                My courses:
                Aldeen
                Butler National
                Cantigny
                Canyata
                Cog Hill #4
                Harbor Shores
                Harborside
                Naperville Country Club
                Prairie Landing
                Rich Harvest Farms
                Ruffled Feathers
                Shoreacres

Comment

Does this course have normal distances as well and if so, is it published under the same name that you list below?
                  Originally posted by Jtangm04 View Post
                  I just published Naperville Country Club. The lidar data wasn't very accurate so had to do more sculpting. I did add junior tees so I can play with my son who is 7yo. I set the distances with him in mind so Par 4's tend to play 120, Par 5 180-200, and Par 3's 60-70.

Name is:
                  Naperville CC IL Jr

Comment

• Jtangm04
                    Jtangm04 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah. There are 5 tee distances. Blacks play about 6500 yrds.

I think I have your solution. I keep my skytrak in my basement during outdoor golf season here in STL and my ceilings only allow me to fully swing up to an 9iron (I'm 5'9") i have recreated 5 local courses and made "Jr" tee boxes so we can play in my basement year round with 4 iron punches off some tee boxes. We only play "reg sim golf" in the winter when my wife allows me to set it up in our 2 car garage with 11 foot ceilings. This course was recently bought out by an owner of a different area course and was closed in 2017. Great layout and should be fun for everyone. I did create an island tee box (red) on #14 that isn't real just so everyone can clear the water. The rest of course is identical to the original. RIP Clinton Hill, Swansea IL

Clinton Hill Lidar-JrTee
                  Gold - 6,540
                  Blue - 6,151
                  White - 4,855 (Womens)
                  Red - 2,717 (Jr)
                  Par 71

I haven't made the "jr/basement tees" for my other courses but will soon. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

Comment

I did a LIDAR fantasy course of my property that has 5 tee settings, the green tees are 100 yards, for the par 3, 150 on the par 4, and 200 on the par 5, for 2,700 yards total par 72, "Bob & Sandy's Golf Club".

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                      I’m still looking for one that is young kid friendly and gets me up to about a hybrid. Masters par 3 is okay, but I think I would prefer greens that aren’t so tricky. Also my wife doesn’t care for all the water.
                      Agreed, the forced carries are tough for novices.

Comment

I have many that have forward tee around 5,000 - 5,500 yards. Search: Skytrak....ie...Skytrak, Cobden, On. Real course...

Comment

Check out tgccourses.com

A spreadsheet with all the tees and yardages for some 700 courses on TGC2019

SO AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
                          X