skytrak outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skytrak outdoors?

I read a review on Playbetter.com that Skytrak does not work well outside. The person stated Skytrak told him its better for inside use. Is this true? Thanks!

It depends actually. First, SkyTrak does not read well if the sun or reflections are shining into the camera. Some people use them outdoors with an umbrella rigged over it. Secondly, SkyTrak has a hard time tracking the ball if you are using it on grass. Plus you would have to move it every time you took a divot. If you are hitting off of a mat, you are good to go, it's just the light getting into the camera you have to be careful about.

I did it one time and it was a pain in the butt! Packed everything up and took it to the local range. I found it too hard to get everything set up. If you are going outside in your yard, it might not be too bad.

Comment

I found it to be difficult to use outdoors but it was great indoors.

Comment

I’ve had success outdoors in my back yard when blocking direct sun light. I only setup an outdoor net right before the weather turned to winter but I’m planning to use mine frequently outside (I have low ceilings in my garage so to hit anything longer than 5 iron I need to move outdoors).

Comment

Yeah it does not read well on a sunny day no matter what direction the sun is at...ive used at range a lot and the actual ball flight differs drastically if its blue sky.

Comment

HI everyone

I only have an outdoor setup and my skytrak works very well.

I made my own little velcro hood for really sunny days and it works well.

I even pop the little hood on when putting indoors and there is a light on above me, skytrak seems to read better.

Just type VELCRO HOOD FOR SKYTRAK in the search bar to see a couple of pictures of mine from a previous post.

Make your own design and share.

regards
            HappyG

Comment

I have been using my Skytrak outside exclusively. My garage is not tall enough and I'm still in the early stages of planning/building a dedicated golf shed. As others have stated, direct sunlight is an issue. I've had no problems using my Skytrak in the early mornings and evenings. During the midday, using it with some shade works pretty well. Occasionally, there will be a swing that doesn't register. I'm sure it is undoubtedly better indoors. However, it can be used outdoors with good results.
              Last edited by Scoopz; 04-05-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopz View Post
                I have been using my Skytrak outside exclusively. My garage is not tall enough and I'm still in the early stages of planning/building a dedicated golf shed. As others have stated, direct sunlight is an issue. I've had no problems using my Skytrak in the early mornings and evenings. During the midday, using it with some shade works pretty well. Occasionally, there will be a swing that doesn't register. I'm sure it is undoubtedly better indoors. However, it can be used outdoors with good results.
                Exactly my experience

Comment

Working...
                X