TGC2019 putting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC2019 putting

I’m new to Skytrak about 5 months ago. I got the 1 year subscription to E6. The putting is terrible (I’ve tried all the hacks) and sounds like the patch for this is forgotten. I know E6 connect is coming out in the near future and hopefully they fix this. I just wanted to know if there are miss reads or hard pull/pushes with putting on TGC2019. I don’t see a demo option.

I don't have any information for you, but my advice would be to just set gimmes to 10-20 feet and call it a day. I don't think putting will ever be adequate for simulators, outside of it being its own little mini-game and terrible practice for actual golf.

I do acknowledge that some people like the "game" aspect of it, though. So if that doesn't work for you I'm sure there will be tons of 2019 players flooding in soon to answer your question.

Comment

You can set a straight putting patch to ON so there are no hard pushes or pulls. The ST is not good at reading slower putts. You hit it straight and it can be quite offline in both directions.

Comment

My problem is more the distance the ball travels. I hit a 6 foot tap and the ball rolls 20 feet. We have fast greens at my home course they run 10-12 on average so I know what a flat 6ft put is like. If I hit them soft enough they don’t roll off my mat they won’t even register. That’s not taking into account the green reading system and its flaws. Putting is just to help add some realism to the sim experience it is by no means useful for practice in my opinion.

Comment

I had no problems putting with skytrak on tgc or tgc2019. Like wbond said putting patch fixed the direction so all I needed to do was hit the correct speed for the line I picked. Skytrak was excellent and very consistent with determining my putting speed.

Comment

Is that patch strictly for TGC or E6 as well? Is it something you just download or is it a setting on TGC?

thank you!

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              TGC only and it's a setting in the config file

I’ll second that the putting on TGC2019 is pretty accurate in terms of speed. I use a mark about a foot of my mat to aim at. I take gimmes at 2 yards. One bad thing is that when I use my mallet putter (odyssey), Skytrak doesn’t like the white top surface. I tilt the putter lie a little to allow the black surface to be texted instead. Works for me.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              I always putted 8 inches to the right of the red dot and putted my ball over the red dot. That kept my putter from interfering.

I'm new to TGC2019 (first copy of the software). Question: When I'm practicing on the putting green or chipping, is there a way to move the flags on either? I know I can use the up/down arrow key and the distance changes but the putt distance to the practice cup (on the green) never changes. Am I missing something? I guess I figured it would be more like real life where you could hit to different cups on the putting green and/or on the chipping green. So far what I've noticed is it's predetermined and you're stuck with that until you quit out of that session and go back into practice mode. Then you get a different distance to the flag(s).

Comment

• a4chet
              a4chet commented
              Editing a comment
              For anyone that finds this comment - If "E" key you'll move to a drop target over the green. Its ridiculously small but you can zoom in with mouse wheel and then drop the ball
              Last edited by a4chet; 06-19-2019, 02:32 AM.

@ a4chet. So you can drop the ball anywhere on the practice green and putt from that distance using the "E" key?

Comment

• a4chet
              a4chet commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep press the "E" key, The view will change to an overhead view - You'll see a large crosshair. It is not the easiest, but you can move this crosshair around until the "X" in the middle is gone (when the crosshair is over the green). You can use your mouse wheel to zoom into the green to be more precise with your drop. Once you have the crosshair over where you want, then you hit "enter"

TGC and E6 are two different companies. I tried E6 and thought it was fairly nifty but you get up by the green and its a nightmare to chip, can't remember if the putting is as bad. I don't think any of the golf sims are going to be great at putting. I found the E6 ability to view the green from different angles helped. The last TGC had a pretty good variation on this, 2019 not so much (so far).

Comment

Using TGC 2019, i've found the putting green distances and direction fairly good. Its not amazing, but a 6' putt does not go 20'. Here's what I do, go to the putting practice green, and pick a distance like 10' to the cup in a relatively flat part of the green. 10' would be about the distance from my ball to the screen.

I then place the ball about 8 inches behind the red dot of the Skytrak. I use my alignment sticks to frame my putt, for visual reference and accuracy. I can hit my putt straight to the middle of my screen and see how far my ball has traveled. TGC is really close to what I can see in the real world putting at that distance. Sometimes Skytrak will not see my putts, but it does most of the time.

Comment

I finally got TGC 2019. Where can I put on straight putts and how can I adjust green speeds and firmness?

Comment

Can anyone help me with the practice putting green? The first putt is set to 74 feet. I’ve watched a YouTube video from ProTee that says use the Q and mouse to where you want the new target distance. I click the mouse Left key but it will not set the new distance. Right click/hold changes the view but I can set new distance. Tips??

Comment

Originally posted by Droogs View Post
                    Can anyone help me with the practice putting green? The first putt is set to 74 feet. I’ve watched a YouTube video from ProTee that says use the Q and mouse to where you want the new target distance. I click the mouse Left key but it will not set the new distance. Right click/hold changes the view but I can set new distance. Tips??
                    Hit E, then move the ball position with WSAD keys or arrows, then Enter to drop ball.
                    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Working...
                    X