SkyTrak PC app can't log in, and does not recognize internet access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak PC app can't log in, and does not recognize internet access

The SkyTrak PC app will not let me log in to my SkyTrak account. When I try to log in it says "Username did not match previously logged in user. Please log in online through this app at least once". Also, if I try to create a new account or recover my password the app incorrectly claims I do not have internet access. The app does work correctly on my iPhone, just not on my PC.

My log in credentials are correct, and the PC has fully operational (wired) internet access. I have tried the x86 and x64 bit versions of the Skytrak application, and re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package x86 and x64. My firewall permissions are correct, and the problem persists even with the firewall disabled. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Use your username, not your email. This happened to a lot of us, sounds like the same issue.
    -KillaCale8

Comment

My username is the same as my e-mail address. I tried to change my username to something else, but the SkyTrak website account management tools do not allow me to change my username. Also, even with a different username, the PC app still will not acknowledge I have a working internet connection.

Comment

Does the skytrak app say you are connected in direct mode on your PC? If so, you need to connect in network or USB mode for your PC to have internet access.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
          Does the skytrak app say you are connected in direct mode on your PC? If so, you need to connect in network or USB mode for your PC to have internet access.
          The Skytrak is connected to my PC via Network Mode using my wi-fi router.

Comment

BogeyMonster - I just made a long-ish post about me having the same issues and asking multiple questions to resolve. Then one of my troubleshooting steps seemed to have solved it.

Restart your computer.

I don't see why we would have to do that, but that seemed to solve it for me. First try logging in after re-start logged me in/validated my username/password. I went with USB connection (super long chord...probably 50 foot of USB) and have no issues. Balls are flying away fairly quickly w/o much of a delay.

I know that isn't the most insightful/complex suggestion, but it did work for me. Hope that helps. Good luck!
            Last edited by fluxcapacitor; 04-16-2019, 02:10 AM. Reason: Edited due to resolution being reached

Comment

• BogeyMonster
              BogeyMonster commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the suggestion, but restarting the PC did not fix the problem.

These Skytraks are real pieces of crap, and their tech support is completely unhelpful. I was on the phone for nearly an hour yesterday, and they didn't have a single idea for me to try that I hadn't already tried. Now I have to wait for their app developer to throw in his/her two cents about the bugs in their software, which I'm confident will not help the situation either (if they were good at their job these types of bugs wouldn't exist in the first place.)

The SkyTrak app can't log in to my account that costs $99/year. The unit does not register flop shots or lobs, does not register any wedge shot over 49 degrees, does not understand any shot with a ball speed of ~150mph, does not register most chip shots, and bump-and-runs do not roll out more than ~5 feet. I'm going to assume that it can't register putts correctly either, given that it doesn't have the physics to determine how friction affects a rolling ball. All this thing is good for is iron shots between 140 and 230 yards, and pitch shots less than 50 degrees that aren't expected to roll.

Presumably, I will have to return my SkyTrak, and I would caution others about purchasing one of these units. They do not do what they advertise, and are an expensive novelty toy at best.

Comment

In case it helps I've had issues logging into my ST for the past 12 months...however ST support suggested using my username rather than my email address (which worked on and off) and since then its been reliable and kept me logged in...

Comment

• BogeyMonster
                BogeyMonster commented
                Editing a comment
                My username is the same as my e-mail address. I tried to change my username to something else, but the SkyTrak website account management tools do not allow me to change my username. Also, even with a different username, the PC app still will not acknowledge I have a working internet connection.

• simmb
                simmb commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you sure your username is the same as your email?
                Can you logon to SkyGolf360 using your email address and password?

The username will show on the dashboard. It may be your email address but I have yet to see a username as a full email address. Your not bogeymonster2005 are you ?

Originally posted by simmb
              Are you sure your username is the same as your email?
              Can you logon to SkyGolf360 using your email address and password?
              https://clubsg.skygolf.com
              You must be on the right track. When I log in to that website I get different information than when I log in to www.skytrakgolf.com The two sites have different values for my username, and yes, the clubsg.skygolf.com site does give me a username that is different than my e-mail address. The bad news is that the SkyTrak PC App still is not able to connect to the internet when I try to log in, when I try to use the link to "Create an Account" or if I use the the "Forgot Password" link.

And, no, I am not bogeymonster2005.

Comment

Originally posted by BogeyMonster View Post

You must be on the right track. When I log in to that website I get different information than when I log in to www.skytrakgolf.com The two sites have different values for my username, and yes, the clubsg.skygolf.com site does give me a username that is different than my e-mail address. The bad news is that the SkyTrak PC App still is not able to connect to the internet when I try to log in, when I try to use the link to "Create an Account" or if I use the the "Forgot Password" link.

And, no, I am not bogeymonster2005.
                Have you tried to logon with the Skytrak not connected/powered off? You don't need the Skytrak connected to logon, you won't be able to do anything but it will let you logon. I would try that to rule out any wifi/direct connect issues. So use the username in the SkyGolf360 dashboard with the same password you use to logon to the SkyGolf360 website. When you say the app has no access to the internet does it just say password incorrect or do you get a different message? Any chance of a screen shot?

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post

Have you tried to logon with the Skytrak not connected/powered off? You don't need the Skytrak connected to logon, you won't be able to do anything but it will let you logon. I would try that to rule out any wifi/direct connect issues. So use the username in the SkyGolf360 dashboard with the same password you use to logon to the SkyGolf360 website. When you say the app has no access to the internet does it just say password incorrect or do you get a different message? Any chance of a screen shot?
                  I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to produce different results. Attached are some screenshots of the errors.

Comment

What firewall do you have? Windows internal one or some third party product installed?

Comment

• BogeyMonster
                      BogeyMonster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The link you gave me: https://clubsg.skygolf.com/api4/auth...ssion_guid.php does not load in my browser. I get an error that says "The connection has timed out."

With ESET disabled, I started up the SkyTrak App, but still could not connect it to the Internet.

EDIT: Now the https://clubsg.skygolf.com/api4/auth...ssion_guid.php link works, and I do get the message about "Invalid Developer Code." However, the SkyTrak app still cannot connect to the internet.
                      Last edited by BogeyMonster; 04-17-2019, 08:39 PM.

• simmb
                      simmb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So it sounds like the app itself is being blocked. Is the windows inbuilt firewall disabled as well as ESET?

• BogeyMonster
                      BogeyMonster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, the Windows firewall is also disabled.

Does anyone currently have the SkyTrak PC app connected to the internet over a wired ethernet connection? Or is everyone using wifi?

My guess is that the latest version of the SkyTrak app is not coded to work over a wired connection. It doesn't even attempt to make a network connection when I try to login, it immediately fails even without an active firewall. Perhaps my router is blocking the communication, but if that's the case odds are that the SkyTrak app itself is doing something shady that it shouldn't be. Is this app loaded with malware/spyware/telemetry or something similar?

Comment

• ganders75
                      ganders75 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine is connected via Ethernet, in fact my pc doesnt even have WiFi as its only 3ft from the hub. Has been for years with no issues. Im sorry, but what you are seeing is not usual - sounds like it’s almost defo not fault of the SkyTrak.

How familiar are you with PC troubleshooting? No insult intended, just don’t want to waste your time... I’d suggest as a test you totally uninstall firewall software etc. Disable User Account Control, BitDefender, Etc. Basically get back to as raw an install of windows as poss. Can you login now? Can you ping the host? Can you telnet the host? Can you login from a different machine on your network? Sounds like you’ve messed with your C++ distributable too - do you have 64bit windows or 32? Extremely unlikely you have 32 as your machine would be very, very old. You should never need to do this unless you are a developer - but uninstall the app, install the 64bit, and then install app again from scratch. What about apple/android - tried logging in through that? If that doesn’t work, reset your password with support, and login using your username (NOT email address) in the mobile app.

• BogeyMonster
                      BogeyMonster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for the input. I'm not having any trouble with the mobile app, it works fine, so I guess we can assume my router isn't the problem. However, I currently cannot ping skygolf.com, it just times out. After running a traceroute on the skygolf server's ip address I saw that it made 16 hops before finally timing out. So, the problem is not likely my firewall either, but there is definitely a network problem somewhere on the way to skygolf. The last ip address I reach is 12.244.82.218, which is an AT&T server, but that's all I know.

• BogeyMonster
                      BogeyMonster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, none of my devices can ping skygolf.com, not even my iphone, so presumably it is not possible. Their server must be configured to block ping requests. Is anyone able to successfully ping skygolf.com?

In the directory D:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\SkyTrak\SkyTrak

My output_log.txt has the following line:

NETWORK STATE: STSW_NETWORK_VERIFIED_OFFLINE(VERIFIED_OFFLINE)

Which would explain why the SkyTrak App does not try to connect to the internet. So, why does the app incorrectly determine that I do not have a network connection?

Comment

• BogeyMonster
                      BogeyMonster commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here is another log file that shows that the app sees no internet connection:

Log initialized 3.3.2.10.18.2018.12.54.6 (4/19/2019 3:29:21 PM) WindowsPlayer, STSW_SERVER_URL_PRODUCTION
                      4/19/2019 3:29:21 PM: NETWORK STATE: STSW_NETWORK_VERIFIED_OFFLINE(VERIFIED_OFFLINE)
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: (Wrapper Debug): RIPEInit was called with return code: 0 (RIPE_ERR_SUCCESS).
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: (Wrapper Debug): SkyTrakSW is ready.
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: SkyTrakSW version = 0.992
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: (Wrapper Debug): [IN DISCOVERING STATE]
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: (Wrapper Info): Starting discovering...
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: (Wrapper Info): RIPE will start discovering in 1 seconds.
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: Set Handedness Exception: SkyTrakSW Exception: Could set box handedness - no active connections. Code: 5
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: Set Handedness Exception: SkyTrakSW Exception: Could set box handedness - no active connections. Code: 5
                      4/19/2019 3:29:22 PM: *** LoginManager: check internet connection - available = False ***
                      4/19/2019 3:29:23 PM: (Wrapper Info): RIPE started discovering boxes...
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Debug): RIPE was stopped after discovering with return code: RIPE_ERR_SUCCESS.
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Info): Discovering was finished. Sleep...
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Debug): [OUT DISCOVERING STATE]
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Debug): [IN DISCOVERING STATE]
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Info): Starting discovering...
                      4/19/2019 3:29:26 PM: (Wrapper Info): RIPE will start discovering in 1 seconds.
                      4/19/2019 3:29:27 PM: (Wrapper Info): RIPE started discovering boxes...

Does the SkyTrak PC App need any software packages, dependencies, or other requirements for the app to work properly on a Windows 10 PC? I know it needs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package, but is there anything else? Are there any specific server(s) or IP addresses it needs to access in order to let users log in to their account? Any required services? Network protocols?

Comment

Working...
                    X