Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Golf18 (NET) and @Bob Chung (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - PGA Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - Charles Schwab Challenge with 2 rounds at Crooked Stick ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hwab-challenge
See more
See less

Sky trak set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky trak set up

First day set up with Skytrak, Fiberbuilt mat and net return. Ball seems to be carrying 20 yards less in my irons then what I see on course. Haven't hit driver yet. Any tips or suggestions please?

Make sure you have the right altitude set in the driving range.

Comment

• garalf
      garalf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Do I assume elevation is metres?

I am using feet but not on metric system

Comment

I would recommend doing a bag mapping to get the averages and then adjust the altitude.

Nice setup by the way. Do you plan to leave the Net Return out all the time, or will you take it down and put it up each time?

Comment

• garalf
        garalf commented
        Editing a comment
        I plan on leaving net return out for the summer. I just lay it flat when not in use.

Where in Canada are you? I'm just outside of Niagara on the Lake. Just received my Skytrak last week, and really like it. I've made sure the unit is level and height is spot on with top of the mat, and adjusted altitude to 606 ft. Seems to be fairly accurate to my real world distances.

Comment

• garalf
        garalf commented
        Editing a comment
        Regina, SK. This is set up at the lake

Elevation can make a bit of difference but not 20 yards. It is highly unlikely that the unit reads low, even if not setup perfectly in terms of levelling, height etc.

Most common cause is indoor swing, but since you are outdoors, that is not it. Possible culprits:

1. ball/mat interactions: Try hitting off a tee. Check to see if ball speed, VLA and spin numbers are reasonable
      2. ball quality: If you are using cheap balls, use a different one
      3. sun light: try after dark

Comment

What Morin said...plus one more that is extremely common. Most people don't carry their clubs as far as they thought. Getting an accurate launch monitor can be a real eye opener.

Comment

I've adjusted elevation and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. I would think if the algorithm was accurate on this, the higher elevation the farther the ball goes. I think the ST is very accurate when you make a really solid strike but anything other than solid (closer to the toe or heel of the club), you can lose quite a bit of distance as compared to real life on the course.

Notice this with all clubs, especially with my driver. My driver is the one club I'm pretty sure is not showing true distance on good strikes. I've also noticed a difference in distance using the ST range/game improvement vs TGC2019. TGC is a good 10-15 yards short when comparing ball strikes in many cases.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            When playing TGC use your allowed 5% boost on your driver. When I had skytrak I used it on driver and 3wood. This made it real close to correct. My irons were fine so I left them alone.

Pardon my naivety, but where do you adjust "boost."?

Comment

• calebm1001
            calebm1001 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's in your Settings file that should have downloaded to your desktop. You can get there from the Settings button on the TGC Console file on your desktop as well. None of this is done within the game, if that makes sense. Have to use those extra files that installed to your desktop.

First off, this setup is absolutely amazing. I would have a smile on my face the entire time I was out there. Beautiful! If you're seeing lower carry and ball speed numbers, it's almost certainly due to the sun as your primary lighting source.

Comment

@ calebm. Cool, I'll check that out. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan King View Post
              @ calebm. Cool, I'll check that out. Thx.
              I changed the boost to 5. I'll report on the results next time I play. Thx a bunch folks!

Comment

• calebm1001
                calebm1001 commented
                Editing a comment
                This might go without saying, but don't tee off with your 3 wood if your selected club is the driver or you will get the boost. Same goes for using your driver but having the 3 wood selected - you won't get the boost.

calebm1001. Good point.

Comment

Working...
              X