Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back

Hi all,

It's me. It's been way too long and I apologize for the lack of communication over the last several months. There have been a number of changes in the company and I've let the forum slip from my plate and there's no excuse for that. You guys are primarily what got us to this point and I've personally let you down, essentially since the PGA show.

1) To answer some floating questions about my role in the company, I have always served as the Director of Software Development for SkyTrak. Earlier this year, I accepted a new role as VP of Development and UX. In the transition period, I've had to coordinate new projects and assemble new teams. But most impactful to our end-users, our plans of releasing v3.4 were subject to serious overhauls of our entire system as it relates to end-user privacy and security. While the features in v3.4 aren't necessarily ground-breaking nor what I would consider major feature upgrades, some of the new features required us to make behind-the-scenes changes, in cooperation with the SkyGolf team, to make sure we are in accordance with new GDPR standards and privacy laws. While we did not have any serious security issues, we did feel that in view of the recent notoriety of security breaches of several much larger and well-known companies, including social media, that it was best for our company and our customers to bite the bullet and implement security upgrades to avoid any vulnerabilities, regardless of how small they may have been. We never foresaw it taking this long and I certainly didn’t want to feed you empty promises along the way, but it’s become increasingly apparent that being silent is no longer an option.

2) While v3.4 has been significantly delayed and has been the bottle neck for moving forward, we have been pressing forward with several new features in the interim.

3) SkyTrak is certainly not going out of business - we aren't going anywhere. Sales are stronger than ever and we are constantly looking for new ways to improve the product. Just because I have been absent on the forum doesn't mean that we are not continually looking for feedback and new ideas. Jordan has been an invaluable resource in gathering customer feedback on the forum and helping alleviate some support-related concerns in my absence, and his involvement with the forum will continue to expand.

4) I always have your best interest at heart. I know it may not be of much consolation due to the lack of communication but please know that my sole focus has been, and always will be, you as the end-user. I know the past few months have been frustrating for you. I feel your pain, believe it or not. This is my life focus and I want SkyTrak to succeed in every capacity.

5) While I can’t give any concrete answers software, I still want to re-open the communication lines and also squash any rumors or ideas that the company or the product is in trouble. I will make a sincere effort to be more present on the forums during this time and please know that I am always fighting for you as our customers that you may have the best experience possible with SkyTrak.

-Seth

Great to have you back Seth! Congrats on the promotion. I can only imagine that it's well deserved.

Very much looking forward to what you've got in store for us SkyTrak users going forward.

Comment

Wow! Welcome back! We dearly missed you. You should make forum attendance part of job description of your group

Comment

Awesome to see you back! Congrats on the promotion. The rumor mill around here was getting interesting!

Comment

Phew! Good news. I just received my ST in the mail today. Hope it all works out.

Comment

Thanks for the update! It’s awesome that you guys are active on this forum and willing to help us out

Comment

Welcome back Seth and a big Congrats on the promotion. I think I speak for everyone in saying you were missed.

Comment

Wait... so this is just a super long way of saying that you don't know when the next software version is coming out? I appreciate you breaking the silence but this is exactly what we've been told for months. "The next version is dropping in Q1." "Bug fixes will be available in the coming weeks."

Comment

In a sense, yes. But I've learned that sometimes in business things don't work out the way you planned, and I wanted to provide some explanation behind the delays and lack of communication.

Comment

Congratulations on the promotion...I think you certainly deserving! I was afraid you'd been scooped up by one of the other companies. My confidence in SkyTrak restored! But...we have all these questions!

Comment

e6 Connect? That's really all I care about. Otherwise it's 100% all customers switched to TGC 19.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm not exactly sure on release timing, but it is extremely close on both sides. We've been hitting on it here in the office for the last several weeks and things look really good.

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
                      In a sense, yes. But I've learned that sometimes in business things don't work out the way you planned, and I wanted to provide some explanation behind the delays and lack of communication.
                      I'm also in the software business and we're also in a position where GDPR had huge effect on our industry.

I'm currently on a never-ending implementation project, so I completely understand that plans can change.

Good to hear that you addressed issues head-on and good luck with continued development! I would love new features but, in reality, my Skytrak works well for what it is already.

Comment

• trumb1mj
                        trumb1mj commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't just put our entire development plan on hold for the better part of a year while we addressed our GDPR issues. That would have been a huge let down for our customers...

• SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, @Jard

trumb1mj, I understand how this feels like a big let down. It's been extremely frustrating on my side as well because every time we turn a corner, there's a new obstacle waiting for us. For me, it's more the uncertainty than anything and that translated into speculation and rumors from our customers. But please know that while our development may have been hampered a bit, we've been able to put resources towards continued development in the interim to keep our plan for the year going. It's been a setback but it's certainly not been on hold, which is why I referred to v3.4 as the bottleneck.

• SkeetShooter
                        SkeetShooter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here. I'm on our GDPR task force... Its incredible the amount of work that our teams are putting in on the legal, IT, and marketing side to be compliant. And we are a non-profit! Good Luck Seth with it. We are into our work with GDPR 1 year now and we are finally seeing the finish line on our data protection and records retention policies, etc. Darn EU!

Is version 3.4 the fix to the higher ball speed problem? Everything else is perfect in my opinion. Love the Skills Assessment.

Comment

Seth thanks for all you do and your radio silence is completely understandable. I say scratch the 3.4 and just release 4.0 whenever ready. An updated club data beta with the latest features would be just fine for now

Comment

Nice to see you back seth. I thought something big was coming good or bad with your return and nothing?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                            SkyTrak_Seth commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well on the bright side, nothing big and bad came...I'm working on it, trust me.
                        Working...
                        X