Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back

Hi all,

It's me. It's been way too long and I apologize for the lack of communication over the last several months. There have been a number of changes in the company and I've let the forum slip from my plate and there's no excuse for that. You guys are primarily what got us to this point and I've personally let you down, essentially since the PGA show.

1) To answer some floating questions about my role in the company, I have always served as the Director of Software Development for SkyTrak. Earlier this year, I accepted a new role as VP of Development and UX. In the transition period, I've had to coordinate new projects and assemble new teams. But most impactful to our end-users, our plans of releasing v3.4 were subject to serious overhauls of our entire system as it relates to end-user privacy and security. While the features in v3.4 aren't necessarily ground-breaking nor what I would consider major feature upgrades, some of the new features required us to make behind-the-scenes changes, in cooperation with the SkyGolf team, to make sure we are in accordance with new GDPR standards and privacy laws. While we did not have any serious security issues, we did feel that in view of the recent notoriety of security breaches of several much larger and well-known companies, including social media, that it was best for our company and our customers to bite the bullet and implement security upgrades to avoid any vulnerabilities, regardless of how small they may have been. We never foresaw it taking this long and I certainly didn’t want to feed you empty promises along the way, but it’s become increasingly apparent that being silent is no longer an option.

2) While v3.4 has been significantly delayed and has been the bottle neck for moving forward, we have been pressing forward with several new features in the interim.

3) SkyTrak is certainly not going out of business - we aren't going anywhere. Sales are stronger than ever and we are constantly looking for new ways to improve the product. Just because I have been absent on the forum doesn't mean that we are not continually looking for feedback and new ideas. Jordan has been an invaluable resource in gathering customer feedback on the forum and helping alleviate some support-related concerns in my absence, and his involvement with the forum will continue to expand.

4) I always have your best interest at heart. I know it may not be of much consolation due to the lack of communication but please know that my sole focus has been, and always will be, you as the end-user. I know the past few months have been frustrating for you. I feel your pain, believe it or not. This is my life focus and I want SkyTrak to succeed in every capacity.

5) While I can’t give any concrete answers software, I still want to re-open the communication lines and also squash any rumors or ideas that the company or the product is in trouble. I will make a sincere effort to be more present on the forums during this time and please know that I am always fighting for you as our customers that you may have the best experience possible with SkyTrak.

-Seth

Originally posted by Paul Logue View Post
    Is version 3.4 the fix to the higher ball speed problem? Everything else is perfect in my opinion. Love the Skills Assessment.
    Yes, ball speed fix is in there.

Comment

• trumb1mj
      trumb1mj commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you elaborate on the ball speed fix you are applying and the cause of it?

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      The fix is in the image processing. The robot that we use to test and develop isn't capable of the extremely high swing speeds (like long drive guys) where the discrepancy is more obvious, so we've had to enlist some help You will start to notice ball speed increases starting around 150mph and more significant increases as the ball speed rises.

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk but what exactly was the point of this post? You came back to say you have no updates, are unable to answer software questions and the company is not going out of business..?

When are the bugfixes coming out? Does it feel like a couple of weeks (beginning of July)? Or is it more like a couple (more) quarters (end of the year)?

Comment

He says above high ball speed fix is in the works. He also states Reason for delay of updates. No company will give dates on updates anymore for the very reason of your post. They missed 1Q and you are on here raising hell. Also rumors were circulating about out of business, he quelched that. He states reason he has not been posting he was promoted. I think he gave us all he can and is sincere. Just IMO
      Last edited by Fhacker; 06-19-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Fhacker
        Fhacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Could be/could not. I hate unsubstantiated rumors/speculation

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        It's never been crickets like that from them. It takes like less than a minute to post.

• doublebogey
        doublebogey commented
        Editing a comment
        As much as I'd like to see more frequent software updates as the next guy given we're paying an annual fee for this stuff, I have to say, given this is not an official ST forum, Seth is under no obligation to post or provide release info on this forum. Therefore I appreciate his presence (any presence) on this forum to provide help/support (as we know SkyGolf support is not the most useful) and any release info he might be able to share.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It was not easy for me to come back here without any concrete answers on a release, but I felt like the rumor mill was starting to spiral out of control. I'll do what I can to continue to help out with SkyTrak as it sits today, I just can't give answers on what's coming and when at the moment.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        I new it. Should be exciting! Great things ahead im sure.

SkyTrak_Seth Will your new position as VP of development involve hardware at all or are you still strictly on the software side?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        It will involve hardware also, though majority still on software projects.

Sweet! So you're going to build a HMT type device to attach to the ST?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Fella up top hates rumors and speculation.
        Just saying. But i think you could be right.
        ST2

• Fhacker
        Fhacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha Love it. Keep it flowing

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, I would totally throw you a bone if it weren't for that hideous scarlet and grey avatar you have. Go BLUE!!!

SkyTrak_Seth Don’t let the past seven years in a row of being butt hurt affect your professional judgment! Now about that club measuring data....

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth Are you looking into minimizing the shot delay?

Comment

Originally posted by cmckelvmi View Post
          SkyTrak_Seth Don’t let the past seven years in a row of being butt hurt affect your professional judgment! Now about that club measuring data....
          Hahahaha! I have to say, this last year was the worst. One of these days......maybe

Originally posted by scoobanny View Post
          SkyTrak_Seth Are you looking into minimizing the shot delay?
          I think we've gotten the image processing engine about as optimized as it can get on our side. However, the delay seems to be reduced a bit with each new iOS/Android chipset, but I don't believe we'll ever get much less than 2 seconds in the end.

Comment

What's the latest? Going on a year here...

Comment

any more news on how the next update is coming along SkyTrak_Seth

Comment

And just like that, SkyTrak has gone dark again...

Comment

To be fair he's already answered everything people are following up with. You can't expect the same answers to be repeated daily until something changes.

We're all waiting for the same things, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

I know there is a segment of the forum that believes that SkyTrak is working hard at bug fixes, they're getting a great deal and SkyTrak outperforms other software vendors in the space (for the price).

So my question is simple: How often do you expect updates? Once per year? I feel like we're a battered bunch that think because we didn't pay $10k for our hardware we're not entitled to decent customer support.

Comment

Have you seen the support from foresight? I would say you get better support from ST vs Foresight. They don't fix nearly the issues that ST does or at their pace.
                      Originally posted by trumb1mj View Post
                      I know there is a segment of the forum that believes that SkyTrak is working hard at bug fixes, they're getting a great deal and SkyTrak outperforms other software vendors in the space (for the price).

So my question is simple: How often do you expect updates? Once per year? I feel like we're a battered bunch that think because we didn't pay $10k for our hardware we're not entitled to decent customer support.

Comment

• trumb1mj
                        trumb1mj commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So I guess you're in the camp of "SkyTrak's release cycle is fine by me because everyone else sucks more". That's fine but I think it's also ok to expect more.
                    Working...
                    X