Setup for ST and remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup for ST and remove

Well was planning on closing in my double car carport (open on two sides) with 11 ft ceiling. Wife has put a hold on this for the moment, I have a question until I work this out does anyone set up ST to play and remove it from their playing area each time you use ST. Is it a pain to set up each time or too time consuming each time to set up.. thanks btw I have not purchased yet but plan on it unless a new LM comes out..
    Last edited by Pawpaw; 07-12-2019, 05:38 PM.

I use my garage for both cars and sim usage. The impact screen and projector are set up all the time but the mat, skytrak, and laptop have to be moved in and out. It probably takes about 5-10 minutes to set up and get going including moving cars. About the same to break it down. I'd love to have a dedicated sim space but that's not possible. So definitely doable! Good luck!

Comment

I use mine in that way. Not enough space at home anywhere, but fortunately I have my own business and have a warehouse, so myself and friends go once a week and set up the netting, mat, pc, skytrak etc.
      You just get good at the set up routine and I would say it takes two of us about 15mins before we’re hitting balls. We then spend all evening working on our own games for a bit before finishing with an hour or so of nearest the pin at different yardages.

Comment

I have a dedicated sim room but it’s at the bottom of the garden so I always remove laptop and Skytrak at the end of each session. Takes less than a minute to set it all back up, that’s a definite plus to Skytrak is it’s portability.

Comment

Thank you for the responses, this gives me hope, I still want to make it happen, the down side to my carport is a opening 8 feet in height x 20 feet wide ( ceiling is 11 feet) and this is the side where the sun rises,I have been reading ST does not like the sun so I would be limited to when I could play ( to bright) am I correct on this? my thoughts are to set my sim up on a net return and big screen TV for now, maybe close in carport or build me a building and then go for the projector impact screen..

Comment

I put my net on a curtain track and slide it out of the way when we use the garage as a, well, garage. The screen I hoist up to the ceiling and the hitting area/mat I just roll up out of the way. Takes a couple minutes, which gives the game a chance to boot up.

Comment

I also have my screen on a curtain track in my garage. Takes less than 10 minutes to setup or break down in

Comment

I have my net in front of one of my cars and it stays up permanently. I setup my fiberbuilt flight deck, Skytrak and laptop each use. It takes me about 10 minutes to setup and align Skytrak properly and it takes me 5 minutes to break it down.

My unit gets sun at certain points of the day in the garage. If it’s directly in the camera it can do some odd things to the reads but it has to be pretty directly in to it before I have issues so if there is a problem I can wait about an hour for the sun to move and I’m ok. Your sun angles may vary though.

Comment

Working...
                X