Had something wierd happen with Allignment laser yesterday...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SkeetShooter
    Advanced Member
    • Feb 2019
    • 464

    #1

    Had something wierd happen with Allignment laser yesterday...

    So I have been noticing that I've been hitting left quite a bit lately and even more-so in the sim. I know the problem is mostly me, but anyhow... I decided to use my trial for Creative golf (which really is just abysmal) but everything is going left, and driver is unbelievably left...

    So i go back into skytrak and use the Alignment mode for the two laser dots and the dots are so far off parallel I thought my eyes were crossed or something. It was unnerving. I turned ST application off and then back on again and went back into Alignment mode and all was fine again. mostly where I would expect those dots to be.

    Has anyone had this happen? I'm wondering If I should contact ST Support about this.
  • cmckelvmi
    Advanced Member
    • Dec 2017
    • 474

    #2
    I think several people have mentioned the alignment lasers are not very accurate. SkyTrak had actually disabled them for a short time with on of the updates. Enough people complained about it then they turned it back on. My personal experience is the lasers are off quite a bit and my SkyTrak needs to be turned several degrees for the lasers to be straight. Closing the app or powering off the ST doesn't seem to make a difference on my end. I typically just hit some short wedge shots and figure where the straight aiming point is.

    Comment

    • SkeetShooter
      Advanced Member
      • Feb 2019
      • 464

      #3
      I'm definitely going to need to do something. I might even have to take the ST out of the Metal case. I am getting a lot of mis-reads lately.

      Comment

      • cmckelvmi
        Advanced Member
        • Dec 2017
        • 474

        #4
        Double check to make sure the bottom of the ST is level with your hitting surface. I have found if I change mats and don't make sure they're both level I will see more 'no-reads'.

        Comment

        • SkeetShooter
          Advanced Member
          • Feb 2019
          • 464

          #5
          I'll doublecheck... I have the ST ontop of my CCE strip and then elevated a little bit via the feet on the Metal case to get it to the appropriate level...

          Comment


          • Scoop
            Scoop commented
            Editing a comment
            If its on your mat, you need to take the feet out of the case for it to be level with the mat.
        • jrz
          Advanced Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 375

          #6
          Are you saying that the laser dots were pointing in different spots at different times?

          Comment


          • SkeetShooter
            SkeetShooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. for no apparent reason either
        • Morini
          Super Member
          • Dec 2017
          • 742

          #7
          The laser alignment aid is not directly tied to the internal alignment of the ST sensors, so I would disregard.

          Comment

          • SkeetShooter
            Advanced Member
            • Feb 2019
            • 464

            #8
            Correct level was checked. It looks like I just need to have my skytrak canted inwards towards me a bit to get the actual allignment correct. I have not yet tested taking the case off yet, but I also suspect that is causing some mis-reads. Especially on wedge shots.

            Comment

            Working...