My skytrak misreads at a near 50% clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My skytrak misreads at a near 50% clip

It won’t pick up shots. On a 37 yard pitch shot it said I hit a 259 yard low bullet. On a 15 ft put it registered as a 60 yard pitch. I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that I’m going to return it and get a gc2. Anyone know if I can play TGC2019 with that? Also if it does connect to it how do you go about doing it? Thanks a lot.

Wow... Thats nuts. Contact Skytrak and see if they will make it right. If not GC2 and TGC are compatible, however you will need to contact TGC software team to see if they can get you a transfer first.

Comment

• AggroCrag
      AggroCrag commented
      Editing a comment
      All I could find was an email. Any chance you know of a phone number to call? And thank you

There you go.

Comment

• AggroCrag
      AggroCrag commented
      Editing a comment
      The sky golf people would be the ones to transfer? Sorry if I’m annoying I’m new haha

My skytrak never acted like yours thankfully.

Comment

This is pretty hard to believe. Missing shots, sure. Reading a 30 yard pitch as 200+? Makes zero sense. Can you record this happening?

Comment

I already returned it. It scared me enough to get the gc2

Comment

So within a day of having these issues, making an account, and posting you have already gotten rid of it and can't verify anything you've said? Seems legit lol. Enjoy your GC2.

Comment

• AggroCrag
            AggroCrag commented
            Editing a comment
            It was happening 3 days straight. Resets and everything weren’t helping.

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            My skytrak and gc2 were pretty close to the same. You might need a trakman next. Hopefully not.

You just posted this concern on Friday and you already had it returned on Saturday? Was this just like a humble brag that you're getting a GC2?

Comment

• AggroCrag
            AggroCrag commented
            Editing a comment
            If that’s what you think it was I’m sorry you’re that cynical

I do find it a bit odd that you post asking for help "trouble shooting" how to move TGC to GC2, The first thing would be to troubleshoot the cause of your connection and erroneous ball flight issues. It is a bit akin to showing up at a party, announcing that it "sucks" and asking the guests for directions to a better party.

On the topic, of trouble shooting, you haven't given us much to go on, but it is exceedingly rare for ball speed to be off by that much. I have had maybe two reads like that out of thousands of shots. The technology behind ST is fairly straightforward, and those kind of reads don't happen without physical causes. Could be:
          • too much direct light
          • white or otherwise reflective club head (unlikely for a wedge)
          • cluttered and/or reflective background.
          • something moving along with the ball (grass, tee, mat)
          • other setup issues (ST not level, ST placed on hitting mat etc)
          • using beat up or foam balls
          Given that many shots were not picked up, I'd go with the first one. Also, did you by any chance leave the protective film cover on? That is supposed to be removed, the instructions are unclear.

Comment

• AggroCrag
            AggroCrag commented
            Editing a comment
            I was on the phone with them going over all this stuff. I posted on here after I was unable to figure it out with their support team. I said what was happening to me because I am new to the simulator at home game. No one until you really have a detailed answer but since I had a lack of response I returned the skytrak and got a unit I am familiar with. Yes it’s expensive and that sucks. The Mrs (not to brag) will never know how much I spent because it will end bad for me.

The mind is a powerful thing. In the end you got what you really wanted. Sounds like your Mrs has seen that movie before.

Liking Morini's post. Clothing (pants, socks, shoes) can be very reflective and cause problems too. I have black pants and black socks that appear bright white in IR. A heater in the background is a 1000w light shining on the unit. Excessive forward shaft lean might cause misreads depending on ball position. Good idea to remove any protective case when troubleshooting. All else the unit could have been faulty, an exchange fixes that easily enough. Wonder how many people with excessive misreads left the protective film cover on.

Comment

Working...
          X