Skytrak not reading distance all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak not reading distance all of a sudden

So I have had my Skytrak since last February. I have loved it. I use my skytrak to improve not play sim golf, although i want to play simgolf in the future. My distances on skytrak to real life was spot until recently. Now all of a sudden everything is 15-20 yards short. Nothing changed. I did a reset on the unit, try connecting in different modes and nothing has happened to the unit( dropped/struck). even setting the elevation to 10,000 i couldn't get my real world distances. Its really starting to irritate me, whats the point if I cant dial in distances? I was a HUGE fan until now. Going to try and budget for a GC2, maybe at tax time.

Anyone got any ideas? Really not wanting to drop 5g’s haha.

Not sure why, but the same thing was happening a few weeks ago and then my skytrak had to go in for repairs. 20-30 yards short on every club. I just got it back so I'm going to test it this weekend.
    --
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the repair cost you anything? Were you still under warranty? Please let us know if the repair worked.

GungHoGolf I posted elsewhere about the repair but basically SkyTrak has various levels of repair for flat fees. This was a "Level I" repair if I remember correctly that cost $519.00 plus my cost to ship it to them. I did hook it up yesterday and tested the distances and they seem to be accurate again. It was not under warranty (bought in 2017ish).
    --

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcd22 View Post
      GungHoGolf I posted elsewhere about the repair but basically SkyTrak has various levels of repair for flat fees. This was a "Level I" repair if I remember correctly that cost $519.00 plus my cost to ship it to them. I did hook it up yesterday and tested the distances and they seem to be accurate again. It was not under warranty (bought in 2017ish).
      Did they tell what was fixed on the unit?

Comment

GungHoGolf They told me in the email quote they had to "replace the motherboard and housing". On the slip in the box it said "repaired motherboard and replaced housing".
        --

Comment

In Hopes that this will help the OP; I was having issues with distances as mentioned above on both units (the refurbished one kept as a back up, and a new one I just ordered) and it seemed intermittent. I started switching back and forth and noticed the laser and top light on the new unit was blinking on and off and when it did read, distances were way off (short). I did some searching on this forum and found a thread from 2017 that mentioned a "bad usb block". I changed the port it was plugged into and it immediately solved the problem! Not sure how you were hooked up (USB, DIrect or Network) but this seems to have solved my issue.
          --

Comment

Working...
          X