Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Marc Andre (NET AND GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Hero World Challenge !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Presidents Cup with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...presidents-cup
See more
See less

New Creative Golf version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Creative Golf version

Just got an email announcing new version (2.5?) of Creative Golf 3D for SkyTrak....so somebody still works there and is updating stuff.

It's nice to know we have a rep from Creative checking the forum and communicating with people, I have to say as a person who uses your software I appreciate that very much and it goes along way when considering continue use of Creative Golf... and it's awesome to know you are working on future updates to enhance play. If we are using this as a "whishlist" LOL, here is a few thoughts I have moving forward. I love the last update that allowed putting any where near the green but the green grid could be improved to show a better slope of the green, its challenging to see the breaks without the white putting line that appears once you are on the green. I understand the use of red and green to show the big slopes but the small breaks are hard to see without a visual of some sort. I also preferred the - (left) and + (right) in regards to direction of the ball in the old post shot menu, is there any chance you could make left a certain color and right another color so its easier to identify the ball direction? This would really help aligning unit for putting and chipping. I also would loooooooooove to see spin reduction and power loss when hitting from rough hazards or slopes... I thought JNPG did a great job with that in their software. And last but certainly not least PLEASE leave putting alone, I hope you NEVER limit or restrict direction of putting this was the first thing that made me choose Creative... its so cool to try and make those 10 foot breakers above and below the pins, and not just mouse the break and hit it straight!!!!!! I look forward to continued updates and any info you can offer regarding this post would appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by maine skytrak View Post
      It's nice to know we have a rep from Creative checking the forum and communicating with people, I have to say as a person who uses your software I appreciate that very much and it goes along way when considering continue use of Creative Golf...
      That's for sure... it shows me that they care about the needs of their end-users, and that's a big thing. Regarding Wishlists - if they could provide some type of Voting System, where you write in your Feature Request, or Option you would want added, and others who use the software can 'upvote', or 'downvote' it, that would be great. I've seen that work in other industries really well.

Originally posted by maine skytrak View Post
      And last but certainly not least PLEASE leave putting alone, I hope you NEVER limit or restrict direction of putting this was the first thing that made me choose Creative... its so cool to try and make those 10 foot breakers above and below the pins, and not just mouse the break and hit it straight!!!!!!
      Regarding leaving putting alone - I wish you would please clarify that for CreativeGolf3D Creative Golf, as I am not proposing any change to how putting works, I am proposing an option to display Visual Cues (golf balls), right on the screen at any distance while hitting the putt and lining it up - also I am asking that this option 'Display Visual Cues' be something that can be turned OFF / ON based on the user, some users may want it on (like me), others may never want it on (like you if you choose). So, really would appreciate you clarifying that as you yourself also mentioned a Request to provide a better putting Grid on the green, and if you then also say 'leave putting alone', you are not going to get them to hear what you are asking for either. I don't think that's what you want. I think what you meant is PLEASE leave the ability to line up a putt (direction) alone, so that anyone can aim by aiming their ball on the break line, and NOT by always hitting a straight putt and having to use the mouse for directional alignment on the screen.

That ability to line up putts on the break line and hit them on that line in the simulator sounds just awesome maine skytrak I've only heard you talking about it - could you post a video of how that looks because it sounds great. I'm with you on that, I don't want to have to always hit a straight putt and to rely on lining it up using a mouse on the screen. Also, since I don't have Creative Golf 3D yet, I can only guess how that putting aspect really works/acts on the screen - but to me it sounds fantastic....

Comment

• maine skytrak
        maine skytrak commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not sure how to post a video LOL, but download the Demo and give it a try. Answering your questions... yes when I say "leave it alone" I am referring to not limiting direction. When you are on the green a white line appears to show the break, when you are near the green you only see the green grid and it's rather tough to see the slope unless it vary obvious break. If they could introduce a more detailed grid you could see the breaks better...fitness golf does it very well.

• maine skytrak
        maine skytrak commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not sure how to post a video LOL, but download the Demo and give it a try. Answering your questions... yes when I say "leave it alone" I am referring to not limiting direction. When you are on the green a white line appears to show the break, when you are near the green you only see the green grid and it's rather tough to see the slope unless it vary obvious break. If they could introduce a more detailed grid you could see the breaks better...fitness golf does it very well.

You guys are sadly mistaken if you think you are going to be able to putt in any direction you want with a skytrak. Their HLA tolerance is too big and their ability to putts correctly is seriously lacking especially as the distance gets shorter. This is why there is a straight putting patch on TGC. If you had an overhead system this would be doable because speed and direction would be easily measured.

Comment

• maine skytrak
        maine skytrak commented
        Editing a comment
        I can hit straight putts with no issue on Creative and left and right up to 30 degrees but yeah I'm sadly mistaken, I have a very tight short grain mat that runs very smooth and true when putting. I have used all sim software for skytrak and Creative putts the best IMO... to each his own.
        Last edited by maine skytrak; 11-11-2019, 02:01 PM.

maine skytrak It's a known hardware limitation. The skytrak can and will read putts incorrectly and at a very high rate. Do you get HLA readings for each shot in creative golf. If so, it's very easy to prove. Tape two alignment rods together and putt down them at various ball speeds. Hit 5 putts each for a 6', 8', 10' and 15' putts and then report the results. Seeing how the ball is traveling in a perfectly straight line, you should get the same reading or at least within their stated tolerances. However, you will see that that is not the case. Even when it's within their tolerance, you will miss a 6' putt that you hit straight but reads wrong.
      Last edited by wbond; 11-11-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• maine skytrak
        maine skytrak commented
        Editing a comment
        I know the limitations of skytrak and all about HLA when it comes to putting, I agree really short putts can be challenging but after playing all sim options for skytrak I believe Creative seems to read putting better than others IMO. I have gimmies set at 6.5ft and I enjoy putting off my mat than using the mouse to choose the line...It's my preference of play and having a limit on directional putting is not what I want when I play. Putting will never be perfect until skytrak corrects the HLA but until then I am more than happy with Creative and enjoy playing the software they provide.

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Sadly Mistaken I am as well... as I know exactly what you are talking about, and I don't even have a sim, only played on them. To me it makes the most sense to putt in the direction on the screen, and not line the damn thing up for a straight putt every time and putt straight to a hole. By the way, how does it work on ProTee with their Putting Sensor? My guess is it has to be lined up straight ahead using mouse?

I liked the 3 hole demo from the past. I thought about purchasing but then couldn't find a way with my GC2. I wouldn't purchase through Foresight in a million years and I couldn't even find a price when I tried honestly.

Comment

• CreativeGolf3D
        CreativeGolf3D commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, this is problem about we read many times.There is only 1 way how to buy Creative Golf 3D for GC2 ... dealers. Each Foresight dealer has another price for our software and some of them don;t want to sell it. We didn;t find way how to change it yet. :/

I just got the demo and its not bad at all. I just have a few questions.
      1 Can you change your club on each shot, I didn't see it on the demo
      2 how many players can play at one time
      3 can you play different games or only stroke play
      Anybody that can give more info about the game would be great, also I think 3 holes would give a better understanding of the game.
      Thanks

Comment

• CreativeGolf3D
        CreativeGolf3D commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, we are happy you like our software
        1) It depends on device which you use. For FlightScope is this option for better measurement results. We try to minimize moves away form game to the computer due additional settings. In Clubfitting option player can set club for statistics. In the future we'll add this statistics to game too. Is there any reason why to use change club after shot (maybe we forgot for something)? Trajectory of ball is measured by your swing. In postshot we show club by angle of swing.
        2) 8 players on one device or unlimited in tournaments (public / private)
        3) You can play Best Ball Stroke Gross, Best Ball Stroke Nett, Match Play Gross, Match Play Nett, Stableford Gross, Stableford Nett, Stroke Gross, Stroke Nett, Texas Scramble Gross, Texas Scramble Nett
        I hope I answered your questions
        Here are game otions for demo: https://www.creativegolf3d.com/creat...f-3d-game/demo

Hi Otto Dibeneditto, I've recently purchased the CG3D & Golfismo package. I'm really happy with CG3D it is excellent. All shots including chipping and putting seem very accurate. I actually enjoy the putting which unlike other simulation software I've used, is consistent. The connection to Skytrak also seems flawless. The only issue I have with CG3D is occasionally there is no sound. Has any body else experienced this?

Comment

• Otto Dibeneditto
        Otto Dibeneditto commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks i also just purchased creative golf. Its not bad at all the graphics are good.Putting is not bad. I would like to be able to change clubs sometimes i noticed when your just off the green it shows a putter and if you chip the shot goes a little funky.Over all for the price its not bad at all.

Any idea when the version for Uneekor will be ready?

Comment

Working...
      X