Neat trick that fixed my missed shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat trick that fixed my missed shots

Hi y'all, i'm new to using Skytrack and like a lot of postings about it not picking up shots, i found the same thing happened to me.. I would move the ball position all over the place, try to manually move the logo directly at the light, so precise it would reflect off the ball but i still missed a ton of shots. Sometimes, 10+ in a row...

My fix, i bought a fat tip black permanent sharpee and made the ball look like a mini soccer ball and nearly perfect since. I literally have torn the cover off a pro-v hitting it 600+ times and missed like 2. Also helped with my mevo, that picks up much better...

Anyway, hope it helps..

Watch out for ink transfer to your screen.

Comment

Interesting find, given the way you are marking them up though would it not make more sense to just buy a box of Truvis which are already marked up like this and wont transfer onto your screen?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        fwiw, I've experienced red Truvis balls leaving a pink tinge on my impact screen before. I also find Truvis balls sometimes miss the spin measurement by a substantial amount - probably the photo analysis getting confused by all the identical pentagrams.

Originally posted by klittlefield View Post
      Hi y'all, i'm new to using Skytrack and like a lot of postings about it not picking up shots, i found the same thing happened to me.. I would move the ball position all over the place, try to manually move the logo directly at the light, so precise it would reflect off the ball but i still missed a ton of shots. Sometimes, 10+ in a row...

My fix, i bought a fat tip black permanent sharpee and made the ball look like a mini soccer ball and nearly perfect since. I literally have torn the cover off a pro-v hitting it 600+ times and missed like 2. Also helped with my mevo, that picks up much better...

Anyway, hope it helps..
      Definitely makes sense about SkyTrak picking up the spin better, but like others have said, you will turn a screen gray with Sharpie markings on the balls.

Regarding Mevo, there is nothing about Sharpie marks that would make any difference in how well it picks up, as it uses radar to "see" the ball and spin. The one thing you can do to help with Mevo spin reads (besides use the metallic stickers, which reflect radar strongly) is to place the seam of the ball perpendicular to the target line, as the seam sends a fairly unique radar signature (it's in their patent, which is how I learned about it).

I've put my Mevo up against my SkyTrak several times indoors, and the spin and ball speed numbers are always quite close, as long as I'm careful to use stickers or align the seam properly. If the Mevo measured spin axis and HLA it'd be a serious contender to the SkyTrak.
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• 968Cab
        968Cab commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I assume Swing Caddie 300 would have the same benefit from the seam? Had a very frustrating day at the range today with missed shots...didn’t align ball any specific way, tho.

At least the weather was glorious!

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think so, since it’s radar-based like the Mevo.

You guys nailed it, i was for sure seeing it transferred some ink on the screen, noticed that after a long session of 200+ pitches (1 missed shot). It bothered me for a while, actually internally i started to get that "what have i done" feeling. I just bought a new screen from the net return, and i SCREWED IT UP!!!! . I tried some hydrogen peroxide and it worked, kinda, then it dawned on me, who cares? I'm not using this white screen for anything other than training, when the lights are off in a session i don't see it and not to have to touch a single ball, works for me. (3,000+ balls and i think it missed 2 or three total and have not touched 1 with bare hands. I just scoop it over with the club head to the light and let it fly)

For those not sure, i did try with some balls that dried overnight and didnt notice any new smudges. Should have done this the first time. Again, for me its worth it because it gets me to be a better golfer and picks up all my shots. BUT, i totally respect those not willing. FYI, i did try to clean a spot with hydrogen peroxide and it seemed to work, but if i see a lot, ill hit it with white spray paint and call it a day...

Remember, its a training device for me, not our home entertainment system, may not be that way for others and totally respect it...

As for the mevo, i used to have to use the little silver stickers and dont need to any longer. It misses some low pitches, as it had before, but not seeing any loss of misses without the stickers..

So far ive hit about 3k balls and have not physically touched a single one to line it up...
      Last edited by klittlefield; 11-21-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

This will certainly help, but like its already posted it will mark the screen or smudge after cleaning. I watch Football and such in the garage on off time or when i am working on a project so I pass on this approach but if you are ok with it You should be using the marked type balls i think. I have found that any ball with a logo will mark the screen.

Comment

Any pics of how you’re marking the balls?

Comment

I would think something like this would help, not ink marker required. I am sure you can find white ball with black soccer ball marking.

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/callaw...n-1-dozen.html

Last edited by nmac; 12-04-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X