Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Laptop are you running for Skytrak E6 or TGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Laptop are you running for Skytrak E6 or TGC?

Recent Skytrak purchaser. I'm in the excitement phase as you may have noticed by all of my questions. Thank you for indulging and educating me.

I've been thinking about getting the E6 or TGC 2019 software. That will require more than an iPad. For those using a laptop, what model you have and how is it running? I will be running 1080P. I wish I could use my MacBook Pro.

Of course, I have considered a desktop, but that comes with the need for a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. I'm keeping this in my garage and I don't want to fill it up with computer equipment.

You “can” use your MacBook Pro, using Bootcamp for Windows, but it will likely be slow/stuttery unless a current top of the line model.

Just get a gaming laptop with at least a GTX 1060 gpu - can be had for $700-800 - and it will run them perfectly.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

I am using an MSI Apache pro 6rf. It’s about 3 years old has a 6th gen I7 cpu, 16GB ram and a GTX1060 6GB. It runs both E6(demo) and TGC2019 without any issues in 1080P.
      GPU is the most important part of that spec, most laptops with a 1060 or AMD equivalent or higher should be ok.

Comment

Thank you GungHo and Simmb

Comment

ACER Aspire 7 gaming laptop with GeForce 1050 graphics card here. Very satisfied with this configuration.

Comment

HP OMEN 15-AX243DX 15.6" Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full-HD IPS Display, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10H. I bought a refurbished one off of woot.com and I am very satisfied with it. I am running TGC 2019
            Last edited by Joegolfguy; 12-24-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

My first attempt last year I used : ASUS TUF Thin & Light Gaming Laptop PC (FX504) 15.6" Full HD, 8th-Gen Intel Core i5-8300H (up to 3.9GHz), GeForce GTX 1050 2GB, 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz, 1TB
                Stuttered and graphics NOT crisp and had to dial back graphic settings.
                I upgraded this year to PC with more powerful card... so pleased
                Avoid an expensive mistake, spend the extra $ now and get a better card than 1050

Comment

Working...
                X