Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 Connect is here

Just got this email.....

I played the demo for the last 2 days. 4 different holes each day. So far I like it. It does not appear you can change the wind or elevation in the demo...wonder if you can in the full version? Like the layout...for 300 or 600 I think it is a good choice to add - I also have TGC2019.

Comment

When I start the demo it tells me there is an update. Has anyone applied the update to the demo? My only concern is updating the demo will make it not work.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
        When I start the demo it tells me there is an update. Has anyone applied the update to the demo? My only concern is updating the demo will make it not work.
        I updated the demo and there were no problems. It continued to work. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Bliz12 for the update. For others...I upgraded as well and played two holes all seems to be working.

Comment

I had another session on the demo and I thinks it is more realistic that the golf club however it is let down by issues for me with shorter club carry distances being short and the excessive back spin when hitting the green.

Comment

Does none know if connect has boost that work with skytrak as if spin could be sorted and boost working for carry issues this would be great. Defo feels more real lift with physics

Comment

• Dan McWhirter
                Dan McWhirter commented
                Editing a comment
                I have not seen boost in the new Connect after subscribing to it. The old e6 had it.

I believe spin is something they are aware of. If you put the green stimp down to 7 or 8 with soft greens then back spin shouldn’t be an issue. You could try using custom elevation. You might be using course elevation and this is why your distances are short. I don’t fine my distances short at all.

Comment

the elevation and wind are greyed out in my demo....are they available in the real product? As far as distance...my shots with clubs are about 10 yards shorter and I blame that on me not the game. If you do not hit the ball clean with a hitting mat you distance are effected more so then grass or in real life. When I hit a clean shot my distance is right on. This is my case...I cannot speak for others.

Comment

Interesting, I’m was striking my wedges pure and coming up 10-15 yards short and had the green setting to7 but still getting spin. Hope to have another bash tomorrow so will look for elevation setting. Thanks. Defo more realistic imo

Comment

Downloaded the £259 or $300 dollar version and very impressed. Practice facilities awesome. Be great if you could change the yardage gaps as I believe just in 25y increments but very happy with it. Not sure if you can turn wind off on range but happy with graphics (gaming pc) and physics are so good. Better than tgc2019 imo.

Comment

Does e6 connect have tournaments?

Comment

From what I can tell not yet...but that might be because I still have the demo. They do have online play which guess means you can connect with others...have not tried it.

Comment

Downloaded Connect last night since I still have all my subscriptions in place. I liked the graphics (if only a little too saturated). I hadn't hit my skytrak in a while having been hitting on the QED for the last few months. At first the delay was really obvious and a little annoying but just like before, you become accustomed to it in very short order. I also noticed it helped me to hold my form at the end of my swing and prevented me from "peeking" , since there was nothing to immediately peek at! One other thing about using the skytrak (over the uneekor), while I had no misreads, I resented having to use that one little spot on the mat after having at least a a foot in any direction with the Uneekor. Otherwise it was pretty reliable and accurate for ball flight (not so sure about distances).

I have to play around a little bit but I a couple of things I miss compared to TGC (or haven't found yet on Connect so if anyone has any tips??)
                          • Everything has to be "clicked" with the mouse (no enter button to advance, etc.)
                          • I can't figure out how to look at the green on an approach shot or check the landing area on a Tee shot (the Q button in TGC)
                          • I couldn't figure out how to change tee boxes before starting a round (found that you can choose a tee box in preferences or profile but that seems tedious if you want to change from round to round)
                          A couple of other comparisons:
                          • Where TGC's algorithm causes approach shots to bounce and roll out way to far, approach shots in Connect stop and spin back (I actually had a 25 yard chip shot roll back about 20').
                          • I kept everything on moderate (I think that was the setting) but the greens were really slow (Bay Hill) and there was almost no roll out on the fairways.
                          • My tee shots (driver) were about 20 to 30 yards shorter than on TGC (somewhere in the middle is my real life number).
                          Anyway, I actually enjoyed Connect and liked the driving range options. I'd like to play with it more to see if it's a little more intuitive than what I found last night... It definitely needs keyboard shortcuts (that may be there and I haven't found them).

--
                          What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

Working...
                          X