Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

TGC 2019 - Skytrak - Gaming PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 - Skytrak - Gaming PC

Hello All -
    New member and using skytrak through ipad and playing WGT because it was inexpensive and no gaming PC. I want to upgrade. been looking around and I think TGC 2019 would fit my needs best. I don't have a gaming PC. I also don't know much about PC's but have been researching for the recommended PC settings. I've looked a lot on the forum but technology changes quickly and would prefer a gaming laptop over a PC for ease of use and space. Would this work out below for recommended settings? Would like to have 4k with minimum lag and really nice graphics. Thoughts or recommendations?
    Open up this functional laptop and get your game on. This gaming laptop is designed with a 1TB hard drive that can house plenty of saved games and features an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and AMD Radeon RX 560X graphics card to help make each scene look and feel realistic. The 17.3 display helps you view battlegrounds race courses and more in full high definition.

Your Link is not working. What is your budget.

Comment

Open up this functional laptop and get your game on. This gaming laptop is designed with a 1TB hard drive that can house plenty of saved games and features an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and AMD Radeon RX 560X graphics card to help make each scene look and feel realistic. The 17.3 display helps you view battlegrounds race courses and more in full high definition.

Comment

$700-$1000 Skeetshooter. I've read a bunch of your replies on similar questions but a lot is just flat out over my head. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5FPM21..._t1_B07V6DG5ZC

Comment

Sorry. The budget you have listed is not going to get you to $4K. My computer can run 4K but at the lower Frames per second (around 30-40fps) with some reduced quality. I'm around the $1,250 range and I built it my self.

No laptop you purchase in the $700-$1,000 is going to be able to get you to 4K.The ASUS Tuf Laptop is running a very barebones old graphics card in it that is just barely enough to run 1080p at high settings. The second link is a little better but it has a 1650, which is also a very old GPU. You should be looking for at the least a 1660 (preferably a 1660Ti as a graphics card or better.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
              GungHoGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              This. Most folks don't understand that 4K resolution is 4X the number of pixels compared to HD resolution. It requires A LOT of gpu power (along with 4K projector price) - and then the resulting image on an impact screen is only marginally better from normal viewing distance.

Great Info and thank you. So everything on the Amazon link would work for TCG 2019...except get a better graphics card. I can find something with those specs. Your right GungHo...I guess i wouldn't need the 4k if just marginally better tahn 1080P, but do know I have a 4k Projector. If I up the graphics card to the 1660 or 1660TI would this throw some nice graphics and not lag more than the normal skytrak 1-2 seconds? I just don't want to go cheap and regret what could have been done right for $200 or whatever more. Thank you

Comment

• GungHoGolf
              GungHoGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              1660TI might get you close to good frame rates with 4K, but I'd be looking at a 1080, 2070, or ideally 2080 for optimal results. 4K is very demanding. The SkyTrak shot delay is mostly connection and CPU dependent, and will never be shorter than 1.5-2 sec.
          Working...
          X