Best way to project ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to project ST

I've just ordered a ST and was planning on using it with a projector. How good are the graphics on the ST for the basic driving range?

Thanks

Gary

I have been using Skytrack now for the last 12 months and love the graphics, crisp and clear....

Comment

Thanks...any recs for the projector please?

Comment

The graphics on the Skytrak range are quite simplistic but get the job done. I personally would not get a projector just to use range. TGC2019 or E6, then yes. If you did want a projector, and have no interest in sim, you could get away with an XGA projector if money is tight.

Comment

I'm sure I will add some software soon so again any recommendations please especially for a short throw

Comment

Now you need to consider aspect ratio, which depends on screen size which depends on wall/room dimensions. Once you have determined aspect ratio you need required lumens, which depends on time of day, lighting etc. Also, what resolution. If 4k, need to beef up gaming computer accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Morini View Post
              Now you need to consider aspect ratio, which depends on screen size which depends on wall/room dimensions. Once you have determined aspect ratio you need required lumens, which depends on time of day, lighting etc. Also, what resolution. If 4k, need to beef up gaming computer accordingly.
              +1

Selecting a projector is heavily dependent on screen size and room size and other variables. Post some dimensions and details of your space.

Comment

I'm going with 4:3 screen since my garage is 10' wide, 9' high and 15' long. Thinking of going with the 10' x 8' screen with 5' sides from Carl's. No need for 4K but would like 1080p. The garage is dark all the time without lights.

I was thinking of a Short Throw either from Epson or BenQ and mouthing it on the floor?

Thanks

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by gmwinder View Post
                  I'm going with 4:3 screen since my garage is 10' wide, 9' high and 15' long. Thinking of going with the 10' x 8' screen with 5' sides from Carl's. No need for 4K but would like 1080p. The garage is dark all the time without lights.

I was thinking of a Short Throw either from Epson or BenQ and mouthing it on the floor?

Thanks

Gary

I'm a fan of ceiling mounts whenever possible. Even with only a 9 foot ceiling, you should be fine to do a ceiling mount.

With only 10 feet of width to work with, you will have to be off-centered, and that can make a ceiling mount a little more tricky because you likely won't be able to position the projector in the center of the screen because it will probably be in the way of your follow through. You can find a projector with horizontal lens shift and still mount it above the ball (the ideal spot) and use the lens shift to center the image on your screen.

Familiarize yourself with projector central. Your throw ratio will be in the ballpark of 0.5. Something like this should serve you well for a floor mount (it does not have lens shift) or at least point you in the right direction in terms of specs.

Comment

• Morini
                    Morini commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Projectors with lens shift can be pricy. Horizontal keystone isnt ideal, but probably more common in wallet friendly short throw.
                Working...
                X