Is a skytrak worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a skytrak worth it?

I was originally looking at one but they were sold out I personally like a sim to improve my game on the range not for the actual game so skytrak seemed to make the most sense it would be a 5k set up just using an iPad and a return net

after research I was led to uneekor qed and believe this unit is the best bang for the buck but with this my build will be 20k as I would want a projector and to build it out properly

I am leaning back towards skytrak and figure I can just wait it out but will a skytrak help me improve my game? I know the uneekor tells you a lot more data etc but can you use a skytrak to fix say a slice like if I take lessons can I apply to skytrak to learn after

the Place I take lessons has a lot more data like club face in to out and open closed etc but for a recreational golfer will this be necessary I also have a local place I can use to get the detailed data so thinking skytrak might be way to go

or is there something similIar in the price range that might be better

Invest in lessons before spending thousands of dollars in something that you really have no idea about, based on your post history. If you suck now, blasting balls into a hitting net isn’t going to help you that much without proper fundamentals.

Comment

I agree
      We are on lock down here and I guess as you can see I don’t have much to do lol

thanks again for your suggestion after all my research and help from this forum I’ve decided to wait

Comment

Whereabouts are you locked down?
        Appreciate you are ultimately going to have a proper sim, but if you have space and net already setup you might want to play about with a tittlexplay to fill your time until everything comes together. The outlay would be pretty tiny compared to the rest.

Comment

Bear in mind that I’ve only had my Skytrak about 3 days.

But I am very impressed so far. I’ve already discovered some things about my swing and alignment that I think will be very helpful. I also have younger kids and there are fun games that I can play with them with the game improvement package.

I think the Uneekor looks fantastic but I’m not into having a ceiling mounted unit.

If you’re on the fence, though, it may be worth spending a little money for something else, as others have mentioned. If you like it you’ll be buying some time until the Full Swing unit comes out next year.

Comment

I’ve decided skytrack as it’s pretty cheap if I don’t like it it won’t be a big deal vs spending on the uneekor if I like sky trak i will do things proper and go with something high end

right now looking at a 3500 Canadian for a 4 month old unit not sure if it’s worth it

Comment

I'm an 18 handicap golfer, and decided to get a second-hand Skytrak last December. It's been fun. I bought TGC2019 in March, and have played over 100 rounds of sim golf since then. My golf game is a little better in real life. Slight improvement, but I do understand my mishits much better, and have hope of improvement with practice. It was well worth the purchase price for me.

If you want to move up to a Uneekor after you have buy, you can always sell the Skytrak and do so.
              As far as price goes you decide what is reasonable. You can offer less, or get on the list with Skytrak and drop off if you can pick up a used unit for less earlier. Watch out for fraud on the second hand market though.

Comment

Originally posted by RAH5 View Post
                Bear in mind that I’ve only had my Skytrak about 3 days.

But I am very impressed so far. I’ve already discovered some things about my swing and alignment that I think will be very helpful. I also have younger kids and there are fun games that I can play with them with the game improvement package.

I think the Uneekor looks fantastic but I’m not into having a ceiling mounted unit.

If you’re on the fence, though, it may be worth spending a little money for something else, as others have mentioned. If you like it you’ll be buying some time until the Full Swing unit comes out next year.
                Are skytrak bringing out a new unit? Not heard of the full swing unit before

Comment

Originally posted by Wbantick1990 View Post

Are skytrak bringing out a new unit? Not heard of the full swing unit before
                  Well, one of the big players is jumping into the consumer market for launch monitors. According to the webpage, Full Swing is releasing the “Kit” for $4k, and the reported metrics looks to include club pash and face angle at impact. The product page is light on details, but this looks to be the kind of product that could

Comment

Working...
                  X