After new update readings arent correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After new update readings arent correct

after the update, Skytrak isnt reading properly. Clubhead speed is way down and some balls that are murdered with a mid iron are going 20 yards less for seemingly no reason. Once in a while one will read proper. Nothing else has changed. Made sure level is proper and cleaned case glass, cleaned hitting mat and it's still not reading clubhead speed properly.
    Last edited by evosmash; 04-19-2021, 12:18 AM.

It's hard to say what could cause that, but I can guarantee that nothing was changed regarding image processing, analysis, measurements, algorithms, etc.

Comment

Yea, I get it. I just wanted it documented just in case it turned into a trend since i noticed another guy mentioned having an issue after update. Thanks

Comment

Just a sample from the past:

"It seems since the release of 3.1, my Skytrak has had more mis-reads than ever before."

reply from seth: "We didn't upgrade the firmware or change anything with the image capture or analysis."

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. Easily 1 club shorter after upgrade.

Comment

I noticed on mine I was significantly longer in the update. 8 irons almost touch 190 when in prior it’s a 155-165 club

Comment

I'm seeing some unexplainable stuff as well.

In Skytrak app, distances felt about a club short as well.

In TGC2019, I hit a 20 yard chip w/ a 60 deg lob wedge that carried 150 yards. A full 6 iron shot that went 235 carry (I normally carry 160-165).

Comment

I would uninstall the update and run the previous version and document the difference.
                My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
                Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
                Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
                Boyne Moor Lidar
                BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
                CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
                Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
                Marco Island CC Lidar3
                Willow Metropark Lidar5
                Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
                Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
                Meadowbrook Northville (L)
                The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
                Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
                Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
                Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
                Ottumwa Country Club
                And Many More...

Comment

I upgraded yesterday . I have a dedicated room so placement , lights everything is the same. Misreads are now 66% . Yes no type . OUt of 60 shots hit ,40 were not registerd. I wrote to skytrak and received an email back to call !! ?? WTF . How can a software update have such a awfull outcome . For me impossible to understand . As a result I can't use my skytrak anymore

Comment

• jpotas
                    jpotas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try uninstalling and reinstall the older version.

how can I do that ?

Comment

• jpotas
                    jpotas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Go to settings, programs, and select Skytak and select uninstall. Then reinstall the older version.

I just installed SkyTrak along with Net Return.
                  My distances max out at around 130 to 140 no matter which club I hit I use both direct mode and network mode using my iPad.
                  Any help would be greatly appreciated
                  Bob

Comment

My distances max out at around 130 to 140 no matter which club I hit I use both direct mode and network mode using my iPad.
                    Connection method has no bearing on ball data or distances. In fact, nothing directly Skytrak related does. Most likely the unit is reading the ball accurately (on average), and you would have the same results if you used a GC, Quad or TM4.

Foot spray the clubface and hit off a short tee. Note the impact location. Look at reasonability of ball speed, launch angle, spin rate etc. Post the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X