Skytrak Buyer Remorse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Buyer Remorse

Should I return my Skytrak? Has not been delivered yet and I am reading more into the company. Have there not been any updates for 2 years? Should I wait for the Bushnell launch pro? Find a used GC2?

The lack of updates concerns me the most. As for accuracy it seems to do the job for what I need if properly setup. 16 handicap. Use the skytrak until I get much better?

Thanks for any help.

If you can afford the upgrade, definitely upgrade to a Foresight unit. You will not be disappointed or regret it. Just my $0.02.

Comment

There have been numerous SkyTrak software updates over the years, and no reason to change the hardware. I love mine. No regrets at all. I have lowered my handicap 4 strokes in 3 months. As for accuracy, there are numerous tests showing that ST is within 2 percent of the most accurate unit (Trackman). I don’t understand why any amateur golfer would pay more than SkyTrak’s cost for a launch monitor. If you are dead set against ST then just get the competing Mevo plus, which I understand is also quite good.
      Last edited by MarkSC; 10-13-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. For my handicap level I’ll stick to skytrak.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkSC View Post
          I don’t understand why any amateur golfer would pay more than SkyTrak’s cost for a launch monitor. I
          Perhaps because they don't want the delay, they want to take to the range or course and not have to hang cardboard over it, they want a hitting area bigger than a tiny dot, they want club face and path and plane and dynamic loft etc. Not saying you need or want any of that or if you do that it's worth it to you, but not understanding why anyone would pay more is short sighted.

Comment

• Morini
            Morini commented
            Editing a comment
            I think MarkSC comments were in response to OP's "remorse" or whatever it is.

The Bushnell and GC2 are definitely better launch monitors, but the SkyTrak software is regularly updated. Not to mention that the GC2 is older then the SkyTrak and has never been updated. Most companies wont change the launch monitor, they will just update the software to work better.

Comment

Skytrak is a very mature product at this stage. Do not fear a lack of updates. Just means things have been ironed out and everything is well. They aren't going under or anything. Buy and enjoy.

Comment

If you have enough room space (minimum 15 feet total length), then Mevo+ is defintely a good option you should also consider as it has much shorter shot delay, more accurate outdoors, no subcription costs, includes free E6 license etc. But if not, Skytrak is a great option for indoors (and out) at this price range category.

Comment

I’ll be using for indoors only. Setting up in my garage with a 9x12 carls screen. Now need to find a projector. I have a high performance PC but don’t want to go all out on the projector til I know I like it for sure.

Comment

Troll post 100%.Updates? There had been several, but who cares, it's not an iphone.

Comment

Use the skytrak until I get much better?
                    Are you confusing the Skytrak with Optishit?

Comment

I’m not a troll. My skytrak arrives today. Looking forward to using it. When you read some of the bad reviews you get hesitant right? Was just curious. I’ll post my review in here.

Comment

• Morini
                        Morini commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, but you are actually worried that you will become too good for the skytrak? Check the poll from a year ago on gungho golf's skytrak facebook group. 99% were mostly or extremely satisfied. https://www.facebook.com/groups/skyt...65095987278143

• aussiebenny
                        aussiebenny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With the latest update, seems they nailed the accuracy even more and has been shown to rival $10k EYEXO's accuracy in terms of ball speed, club speed, ball spin, side spin, and shot shape. So as long as you don't have a faulty unit, it'll be good enough until you can strike a ball like a PGA tour player all the time.

They released a software update yesterday.

Comment

That’s great to hear. Thanks Mike. My monster mat gets here Saturday so I’ll have to wait to get the full experience

Comment

Working...
                        X