This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and The Golf Club (TGC) Simulation Software

Hi Seth. I'm new to this forum but have been reading as much as I can about SkyTrak on this and other forums. It seems that many experienced sim users think that The Golf Club game is the best simulator software out there right now. In fact, if I'm understanding and remembering things correctly, Bubba22 and Zmax were instrumental (please correct me if I'm wrong) in getting ProTee to integrate their sim hardware (and gc2) with The Golf Club software. So my question to you/SkyTrak is simply this: Has there been any thought to integrating SkyTrak with The Golf Club? And if so, what are the odds that this might happen? And if so, when?

• No, you need a PC. See required specs. Basically i7, 8GB ram, GTX 970 or better will work just fine.

Comment

• Currently I am trying to finish up my brutal round of the second course of the q school and I'm on the 15th hole and after my tee shot lands my shot does not move onto the next one. I cannot hit esc to get options or anything? anyone have a fix? I have tried restarting skytrak and TGC but keep happening. I have to alt f4 to close TGC

Comment

• Is there a practice putting green available in TGC? I need to get a better feel for putting speed before each round. Also, does the Stimp reading vary from course to course or do they play about the same. I found putting on WGT much easier to gauge than TGC so far.

Comment

• Bogey33
          Bogey33 commented
          Editing a comment
          There several putting greens. A couple of them are good for short to mid range practice.

• Still waiting for my license key. ..do they email it to you?

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          Please send me a PM with some more details if you did not receive anything. Also check your SPAM folder. Email mightt have ended up in there.

• Schlueter
          Schlueter commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi ProTee..sorry it was my issue not yours ..I didn't fully setup to the step where I send for the key..will be doing that when I get home.. my bad..all the excitement of playing I forgot how to read lol
          Last edited by Schlueter; 03-07-2016, 09:10 PM.

• Just wanted to make sure I got it right.
        Post here: check
        Have or setup a PayPal account: check
        Buy or have SkyTrak Game Improvement Package: check
        Order TGC through Skytrak????? or...????
        Do that before 15March16 (Et tu Brute?)
        PM ProTee United (just because that is easier) or email XXXX<at>???? my PayPal info
        Be patient :-) and sooner or later the $99 will be credited to my PayPal account.

Did I miss something or otherwise get it wrong?

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          You forgot:
          - Lower my handicap
          - Having fun
          - Join the tour

No PM. Send proof of purchase to info at protee-united.com ;-)

• Is it best to order TGC right through Skytrak or do you recommend going another route?

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't think you can go another route.

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          wbond is right. There is no other route.

• Changed HDMI to computer that runs TGC now everything jumpy. Before it was smooth now I can barely stand to watch.

Comment

• longhornlove
          longhornlove commented
          Editing a comment
          Changed to a new HDMI cord and still screwy.

• Couldn't wait for Perfect Golf any longer and pulled the trigger on TGC. So far so good - it's really cool. I played "amen corner" 3 times. I think I only had one shot not detected. Now if I can just play amen corner without hitting a ball in the water................

Comment

• Bubba22
          Bubba22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome helg. Join us on tour!

• Hey guys im from Argentina my skytrak is arriving this week. Do you know if tgc is downloadable here? (after i paid of course)

Comment

• Bubba22
          Bubba22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is available there.

• I got to say that pro tee has been great to deal with so far...just transferred my license in literally minutes. No we just need to get the bugs of the delay and the missed shots worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Cubile View Post
          Hey guys im from Argentina my skytrak is arriving this week. Do you know if tgc is downloadable here? (after i paid of course)
          It's software you download. As long as your credit card works,you're good.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• I just sent my confirmation. .do you think I will have to wait to get my key tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Schlueter View Post
              I just sent my confirmation. .do you think I will have to wait to get my key tomorrow?
              Possibly sadly, I think it is the middle of the night for them right now. When I got mine on release night they managed to squeeze me in around 6ish I believe (thanks again for that) and that was already real late for them. But hopefully someone wakes up early for you, I know exactly how you feel when I thought I was gonna have to wait until the next day.

Comment

• Have it all set up and ready to go.. have a ok projector but ordering the BenQ 1085st in 2 weeks .
                Can't wait to play with everyone

Comment

• More questions:

Shot Registration (If anyone can confirm that this is TGC software related and not hardware related, I would be curious to hear that.): I have been playing around with my light source and ball position (on the SkyTrak range), and while I have yet to get every shot to register, I have found that a halogen table lamp set up just behind (with regard to ball flight) and about an inch above the top of the SkyTrak seems to work the best for me. I initially put the lamp in front but that did not seem to work well. Also, using multiple light sources did not work as well as the single source. What have others found? Would it make sense to use a DC light source?

SkyTrak putting green: Perhaps not an issue for those with TGC software, but does it make sense to add it to the standard SkyTrak package?

TGC putting: I notice people "aligning" putts with the mouse pointer. Why not just putt to the left or right of the center line if you want to play break?

TGC tournaments: Are these just for people using SkyTrak? I assume not, which makes me wonder how it's equal for all. Though I have yet to play with it, I can set the elevation and temperature on the SkyTrak. Have no idea if an elevation of 2000m and 40C will give me 300+m drives, but I do recall reading that "someone" :-) was PMing people a way to set some sort of hyper mode. So, someone make me sleep easy.

Local tournaments: I wanted to have a few guys come by for some fun. How do I get 12 guys (in one location with one SIM) playing to the same conditions without having to wait for the first four to play all 18 holes?

TGC tee and pin locations: Do these ever change? If so, how and when?

SkyTrak bubble gauge: Mine is not accurate. That is, I had to mark it so that it would always be set up the same way on top of the SkyTrak. Since I have no idea what my "centered" bubble means, I have had to be creative with screen/net to see if real life straight is SIM straight. Wondering if there is a better way.

SkyTrak flight algorithm: I'm not convinced that it all works perfectly yet. I can hit much bigger SkyTrak pull-hooks than range pull-hooks and I can't get any real Skytrak slices, though I have yet to try push-slices. This is with range balls on the range, clearly, and ProV1, TM Tour Preferred, and range balls with the SkyTrak. I know, you say "user error" but I am not so sure because my shanks go dead straight (granted at about 30 degrees off the target line) on the range and they almost curve back on target on the SkyTrak range (also with a range ball). Yes, BIG curves. I'm a righty, if that matters.

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All different systems on the tour.
                    Yes, you can cheat. Just like IRL.
                    Some use the mouse to point for putting some putt left or right. Your choice.
                    Tees and pins don't change.
                    12 guys playing 18 in one sim? 12x1 hour. Can only Do 4 at a time
                Working...
                X