Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SkyTrack new software has vastly different results than previous software.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack new software has vastly different results than previous software.

SOFTWARE VERSION: 4.4.0
    FLASH VERSION: 0.998

The stats it is now recording are distinctly different to previous stats.​ As you can see below they are well out of wack.

Top row are from previous version of SkyTrack.

Anybody seeing similar?

These shots are averages of 20 shots with my 8 Iron the first results are what I see when on the course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	4.8 KB ID:	390609
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	2.5 KB ID:	390610Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	2.2 KB ID:	390611​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by badbud65; 05-31-2023, 04:18 PM.

Yikes…..I won’t updating until there’s a consensus on this release.

Comment

Nope. Didn’t have any problem with vastly different values. 6, 7, PW all had same values as I had before the update.

Having said that, a problem I did have was losing the connection between the iPad and the Skytrak multiple times. The lights stayed green, no red dot, and a message on the iPad saying connection was lost. Had to shut down skytrak, reset, and restart software. Before the update of the software, I would sometimes lose the connection, but top two lights would be red and would turn green again after 20-30 seconds and be reconnected.

unclear if the problem is due to the update of software or some other factor.

Comment

• Malcontent
        Malcontent commented
        Editing a comment
        This happened to me too, I'm on Windows 10 desktop. System is rebooting now (I also power cycled the Skytrak) and hopefully it will come back ok but now I'm wondering. I have a USB connection so it's not a WiFi issue

update - it worked for a few shots after the reboot/power cycle and then lost the connection again. This time I exited the session back to the main screen and saw it was looking for a connection. I turned the Skytrak on and off and it came right back. It worked for a while but I didn't hit that many more shots. Next time it happens I'll just turn it on/off from the driving range and see if that works.
        Last edited by Malcontent; 06-07-2023, 12:57 AM. Reason: update

• Outlaw
        Outlaw commented
        Editing a comment
        CAPDAK did you ever get this resolved? I just renewed my plan and now I have the same problem with it losing connection to the iPad. It will work for a few minutes but then says “unit connection error”. This started happening the same day I renewed my plan.

I have not read the changelog, but very unlikely that anything to do with image engine or ball flight model changed, so zero change to reads ... no change in accuracy, no change in read rate. Every update ever, there are some users who note signficant changes, but must just be coincidence.

Comment

Skytrak's photometric method is quite robust. There have been minor tweaks over the years, but it simply isn't possible for it to suddenly be off on ball speed by 9 mph. The unit has proven itself again and again against TM4 and Quad. It can be off shot to shot, but averages are very similar. And while spin isn't as accurate as ball speed, it is still quite good. Why would spin increase by 2000 rpm between two 20 shot sets? I get spin axis of -11 degrees on the first set. That is very large for an 8 iron 20 shot set. And ~4200 RPM is quite low for an 8 iron, even for a slower ball speed.

Comment

My problem was resolved simply by Factory Resetting the unit. I don't know if the reset did it, or it was coincidence and there was something off about that session with the wildly different results.

Comment

Working...
          X