X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and WGT

Hi all,

I have seen many people asking about skytrak and WTG and it seems like that the people who are beta testing TGC and E6 have never
    played or tested WTG. It seems like nobody in this forum has tested it. There is no videos ... nothing. But from what I keep hearing
    skytrak is coming out with WTG first...? Is there anybody who has some more detailed info or talked to somebody who tested it ?
    I'm only interested cause I'm pretty sure it will be the cheapest of all versions and to test it out it would be that big of an investment.
    I own a skytrak since about 5 month and can't wait for course play. The problem is I'm on the road a lot so I will not be able to play
    on a regular basis. That's why TGC ,even that it seems to be the best choice, doesn't make much sense if it's going to be a monthly
    prescription. Really hope to get some infos or even videos about skytrak with WTG.

• Originally posted by liturbo View Post

I just tried hks8888's suggested solution/procedure and it worked for me--Thanks hks.
    I can now play the Kiawah Island challenge but none of the others. Better than nothing. Again, I hope this means that WGT is ready to release full access to their courses for the $99 a year subscription (assuming you already have the GI package) which in my opinion is a good deal.

Until the full release is announced, we can enjoy the beta and play more challenges. I found that two conditions need to be met. One is you need to reach a next level to get into the next course. Two is to download the course while 'Skytrak' is turned off in Profiles > Options.
    I am at level 7 going for level 8 and I am able to play the challenges for the first four courses.
    I think you will reach the next level after you play 4-5 rounds of challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryG View Post
      Not sure what your issue is with aiming shivabirdi but in order to make fine adjustments to my aim I switch to greenside view as then I can be more precise.
      If the ball starts out a little right or left of target it seems to go much further away than it would on the skytrak driving range. Essentially the hook or fade is a bit too exaggerated. I thought it was the wind and I tried to adjust but didn't help

Comment

• hks8888 Do you need to download every course for this or just kiawah to get it going?
        ​
        Originally posted by hks8888 View Post

Until the full release is announced, we can enjoy the beta and play more challenges. I found that two conditions need to be met. One is you need to reach a next level to get into the next course. Two is to download the course while 'Skytrak' is turned off in Profiles > Options.
        I am at level 7 going for level 8 and I am able to play the challenges for the first four courses.
        I think you will reach the next level after you play 4-5 rounds of challenge.

Comment

• We haven't gotten any updates regarding the final/full release of WGT. Does anyone have any idea what the expected date might be? Seth?

Comment

We haven't gotten any updates regarding the final/full release of WGT. Does anyone have any idea what the expected date might be? Seth?
            Don't expect any more dates from SkyTrak_Seth. Sometime this month I would guess. Same for TGC and hopefully E6 too.

Comment

• Also, when using a projector with my iPad Air II for WGT (using Airplay or directly with the HDMI adapter) I can't seem to get a 16:9 aspect ratio--does any one know if 16:9 projection is possible?

Comment

• Three Putt Pars
                Three Putt Pars commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm wondering if anybody has had any updates on this topic of filling the screen. I'm using skytrak with airplay. I notice that anytime the iPad is screen mirroring the screen doesn't get filled on my TV. I've tried the airplay's overscan correction as well as changing the airplay's resolution. Nothing makes this better. When using the airplay's menu and other functions such as Netflix it's clear 1080 and full screen. As soon as I do screen mirroring the screen isn't filled on my TV. Anybody have any advice? It's certainly frustrating as it isn't very clear on the TV.

Also, when using a projector with my iPad Air II for WGT (using Airplay or directly with the HDMI adapter) I can't seem to get a 16:9 aspect ratio--does any one know if 16:9 projection is possible?
              Not possible with any ipad's Iphone is the closest you'll get for now. Once the PC APP is done there will be a 16:9 format.

I have ATV2, ATV3. lightning to HDMI and I've tried overscan, looked for apps to stretch to 16:9, nothing. It is what it is with apple.

Comment

• goodmatt78
                goodmatt78 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have it via hdmi to my 55inch and I have the TV in "Stretch" to fill the 16:9. It looks really good and you can't tell since it is not stretching faces or normal geometry.

• Hey guys, thanks to some major effort on WGT's part, they have restored WGT + SkyTrak beta. So you can go back to having fun

Comment

• luv2golf
                luv2golf commented
                Editing a comment
                Rub it in wilson, I was using my iphone 6, but a text, badge, alert, ect., boots me out. Stuck with 4:3 ipad -;((

• doublebogey
                doublebogey commented
                Editing a comment
                wilson, where is the 248 yard par 4 downhill finish? Lanai Experience? I only see last hole being a 180+ yard to the hole? Thanks.

• wilson
                wilson commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad - typo. Wolf Creek 9th - 221 Par 3

• Thanks luv2golf and goodmatt78--I do not think my projector has an overscan option but I will check. I find Apple much too irritating to ever invest in any of their products other than an iPad.

Comment

• Anyone having trouble logging in to skytrak app? My username password is invalid tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodmatt78 View Post
                  Anyone having trouble logging in to skytrak app? My username password is invalid tonight.
                  Me too. I just skipped it. App otherwise functioning well and no prob linking to WGT.

Comment

• Having same problem so can't get into SkyTrak app for range session or SkyTrak's challenges.

SkyTrak_Seth, seriously, we have paid US$2k for a machine and most have paid $99 for some useless GIP and now cannot even use your app for the range? Customers don't mind paying for things but you cannot expect customers to pay for things that don't work and we have to go to an unrelated public forum amongst each other to try to figure out why with zero customer support from SkyTrak/SkyGolf! This is exactly why SkyTrak/SkyGolf is seriously at huge risk of having customers send complaints online to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for complaints of consumer fraud.

Comment

• Same here, I was unable to connect to the SkyTrak app so I played WGT instead and got a hole in one on the first hole at Valhalla LOL I was so excited

Comment

• i have the issue - have posted it as a new thread. funnily it works on the windows app. I haven't tried the iPad yet but the problem I have is on my iPhone 6. Is everyone having problems on iPhones?

Comment

• This has probably been asked, and I apologize if I've missed it. But, do we know yet if there will be the ability to set a gimme distance in WGT like you can in TGC and other sims? I know in the just the regular iPhone app version of WGT you have the option of "taking the gimme" in certain circumstances, but just curious if it will be possible to set a specified distance.

Comment

Working...
                          X