Net return setup with skytrak

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SkyTrak_Seth
    Manufacturer
    • Nov 2014
    • 1603

    #16
    That looks really good!

    Comment

    • luv2golf
      Offline
      • Jul 2015
      • 473

      #17
      Originally posted by jimjensen907 View Post
      Yes it's one of those articulating hangers I need an allen wrench to tighten it up... good eyes... my wife would have caught it too... :-)
      LOL!!! It's only cause I'm an installer by trade. So we see these things!!!

      Comment

      • arwin
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2015
        • 120

        #18
        How much space is needed length wise for the net return?

        Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • Shardak
          Super Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 513

          #19
          Originally posted by arwin View Post
          How much space is needed length wise for the net return?

          I tee off about 5-6 feet from front of the net. The net sits tight against a wall, and extends 3' 6", so I am standing about 9-10 feet from the wall that the net return sits against.

          But...I found that I need more room than the minimum in order to not feel cramped when swinging.

          Comment

          • arwin
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2015
            • 120

            #20
            Thanks.

            For my application, I have a TV stand with a TV on it which takes about 3 feet. I then have about 11 ft of open space and then another 3 ft or so behind which is occupied by a sofa.
            Sounds like I need about 10 feet which I should have.

            I'm going to try to put the Net Return in front of the TV. For the depth of the Net Return, when hitting balls into the net, will the ball sling the net back further than the 3'6"? In another words, if I have the Net Return setup directly in front of the TV, will the impact of the ball move the net back and hit the TV? Or will I need to move it out a bit further to prevent that from happening?

            Also, if I am 6 feet from the Net Return, will it be able to catch high lofted wedge shots? or will that go over the net and into my ceiling? lol

            Comment

            • arwin
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2015
              • 120

              #21
              Question for the Net Return users, are any of you using the turf that comes with the Pro Series Net Return? Or are you all using a separate hitting mat?
              Any suggestions? Go for the Net Return turf or find a different option?

              Comment


              • Shardak
                Shardak commented
                Editing a comment
                This one looks good to me (I have not tried it): http://www.allturfmats.com/product-p/utpq6060.htm

                I personally use a Country Club Elite 5x4' mat...and wish that I had seen the All Turf Mat first to save some cash.

                But the country club elite is very nice.

              • Spudly
                Spudly commented
                Editing a comment
                I use the monster turf 5x5 mat and love it, you can put a tee in it and really feel the fat shots.

              • EskimoQuinn
                EskimoQuinn commented
                Editing a comment
                If you are hitting a lot of shots, you will want something else as there isn't much padding and you will develop joint pain.
            • bionicboogerboy
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2015
              • 178

              #22
              The golf simulator guys studio with the Skytrak pics and video.



              golfsimulatorguys.com
              Last edited by bionicboogerboy; 11-01-2015, 01:23 AM.

              Comment

              • Stiggity
                Member
                • May 2015
                • 83

                #23
                Finally able to post a picture of my garage setup with a net return.

                Comment


                • MrHogan
                  MrHogan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice setup. Careful you don't damage that bicycle behind the net!
              • MrHogan
                Advanced Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 325

                #24
                Originally posted by bionicboogerboy View Post
                The golf simulator guys studio with the Skytrak pics and video.



                golfsimulatorguys.com
                Damn that's gonna force me to shell out for TGC, it looks very nice.

                Comment

                • Tekbud
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • 216

                  #25
                  Same with me... I just ordered the parts for a pc. I'm all in when tgc launches.

                  Comment

                  • Golfallday1983
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2020
                    • 165

                    #26
                    Originally posted by Spudly View Post

                    This is what I am using, what you see here is the net return with the simulator screen option attached. The upper netting attachment is custom made, I found out that this screen material does not absorb a high wedge shot as well and defected up into the air and then all around my garage, this piece keeps it from doing that. I am testing the E6 software which is what you see on the screen. I just slide this out of the way when not in use, the whole thing sets up in less than 10 mins.
                    What size is your screen? And what projector
                    I have a net return and looking at a good option for set up

                    Comment

                    • ChrisNH
                      Member
                      • Sep 2020
                      • 36

                      #27
                      Skytrak with Net Return Pro here. Laptop, HDMI cord to 47" flatscreen on ceiling mount hanging at eye level a few feet left of the skytrak, at about a 30 degree angle to my left as I look at from the ball at address. So far loving the setup. One other thing I did with the Net Return is weave a 4' length of yellow paracord vertically into the Net Return netting to make the target line stand out.

                      Comment

                      • RAH5
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2020
                        • 113

                        #28
                        This is my setup as well. Net Return Home with sim screen and valence. I’m very happy with it so far.

                        Comment

                        • Golfallday1983
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2020
                          • 165

                          #29
                          Originally posted by RAH5 View Post
                          This is my setup as well. Net Return Home with sim screen and valence. I’m very happy with it so far.
                          I have everything set up and ready to go I’m just trying to figure out the best projector to maximize the screen I can’t seem to find that information anywhere I posted on the forums looked on the projector sites and can’t seem to figure out what I need and how far back it has to be mounted etc.

                          Comment

                          Working...