Test vs. Trackman

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shardak
    Super Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 513

    #16
    Originally posted by ernie18 View Post
    yup went to golf galaxy today and tested my data against the data from the gc2, and they are dead on with the driver... carry distance, ball speed and launch all were very close to what im seeing on my skytrak at home............ roll out is another story but thats been discussed its all software base/ algorithms

    i truly think most people dont realize their actual carry distances vs oh i hit a 280 yard drive all the time.

    WHat is your normal carry distance?

    I think there may be an issue with people that hit very high ball speeds.

    I only have a 95 MPH swing speed with a driver, I get around 130-140 ball speed and carry 220-240 in real life. Those numbers are pretty close to what I get on Skytrak.

    Comment


    • wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Shardak, i have about the same swing speed as well and get the same results with my skytrak.

    • ernie18
      ernie18 commented
      Editing a comment
      same numbers ...90-95 mph and 200-225 carry

    • Mazenblue
      Mazenblue commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, and the occasional, where did that come from?
  • SkyTrak_Seth
    Manufacturer
    • Nov 2014
    • 1603

    #17
    There have been numerous complaints about SkyTrak distances, each with follow-up reports after having been to the range or other testing area and finding out it was actually user-error (I'm talking judgement error here). We've tested the crap out of our driver distances and they are spot on. Roll is subjective and you can play around with the ground firmness, but I will tell you that you will not get the roll out that you get with GC2...to each their own. We had a long driver at the PGA hitting just shy of 400 yards and said his numbers were dead on as well, so I don't think there is an issue with higher ball speeds Now, there have been a small handful of hardware-related issues, but it's certainly not the case in most of these.

    Comment

    • YonexMan
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 124

      #18
      after the last update (not the current one) I have found the distances to be really good with the driver and I don't have to raise the height of the skytrak. I just put the laser on the bottom of the tee. I measure my distances out on the course when I play and keep a constant log (spreadsheet) and the distances I hit on Skytrak are the same as what I get out on the course.


      Current update is the same - accurate distances for me

      Comment

      • SkyTrak_Seth
        Manufacturer
        • Nov 2014
        • 1603

        #19
        Great to hear. Yep, no changes in ball flight with v2.2.

        Comment

        • nicklas
          Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 50

          #20
          Hi
          I just tried my ST delivered to me in Sweden. I am Indoors. Prov V1. Hit like 10 pw and 10 8i. The carry is about 10m short.
          I have hcp 4 and been playing since 1975 trying to say I know my distance.
          It is dark outside and I only have a few lights. thinking that the camera can´t see the ball? What do you Think?

          Comment


          • Chughes82
            Chughes82 commented
            Editing a comment
            Luv? That you?
        • YonexMan
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 124

          #21
          Do you have the temperature, humidity and elevation (height above sea level) settings correct for your area/town/golf course? I have found that these numbers do have an effect on ball flight and distances. This was one of the important factors in getting my numbers right. I just looked the elevation of my town in google and then just change the temperature and humidity according to current conditions and it all is quite accurate for me.

          Comment

          • Dax
            Ultimate Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 1797

            #22
            I suspect that it is either the elevation setting, or like many the fact that you are hitting indoors and the impact that has on your swing (there is so many discussions of this in the site it is not funny). Also, make sure you do a full warm up before hitting cold.

            There is the odd chance that it is a defective unit, but as noted many have thought this and eventually learned it was not the unit.

            Comment

            • Dax
              Ultimate Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 1797

              #23
              Forgot to mention that it could also be your mat and that you might be losing club speed hitting the mat.

              Comment

              • nicklas
                Member
                • Feb 2016
                • 50

                #24
                Hi
                YonexMan Yes I switch to 0 m. I´m more or less at 0 level.
                Chughes82. Luv, no idea. My name is Nicklas, From Helsingborg in Sweden
                Dax First, sorry to be anoying. I realize that it might be wrong thread but i´m a newbie so apologize. Same type of mat as on my range. I been fighting all my grown life time to bring down an old hockey stick tempo to a better golf club tempo. I hit PW 104m dead with "normal" swing. Sayong I have some 10% "hitting force" left.
                Anyway if someone care to read. I changed the Lightning aiming at the ball and found out that the ST was 2-3mm higher than the mat. Gaining 5 meter. 5 to go.
                If any of you comes to Europe/Sweden I´m happy to give you a beating at my course (http://rya.nu) allways topp ranked in Swedish golf digest.
                Sorry for my spelling and wrong Words but it´s better than writing in Swedish!!
                Slice me nice
                Nicklas

                Comment

                Working...