Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @R3dlineR6 (NET) and @Fantastish (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - RBC Canadian Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open with 3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...g-tour-us-open
See more
See less

Skytrak shot lifespan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak shot lifespan?

How many shots can a skytrak register before it would need to be serviced? I have a friend looking into one after trying my gc2, and I wasn't sure how that worked with the skytrak vs replacing a flash module on the gc2.
    Also if they bought an overseas skytrak, can they use it with us software and tgc?

I think the warranty covers up to 50k shots but not sure. Like anything electronic, comes down to how you take care of it and if you got a good unit off the production line. I think I would be interested in the cost to fix it when it does tear up after the warranty is up.

Comment

Probably a lot more shots than you could ever hit We use LED's that have a virtually limitless lifespan, so no 'flashes' to replace.

Comment

SkyTrak thats great, I had wondered this myself in the past. Does flash activate even in well lit conditions?

Comment

Yes, always.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
            Probably a lot more shots than you could ever hit We use LED's that have a virtually limitless lifespan, so no 'flashes' to replace.
            Does it use a shutter? Is 50,000 shots considered "high" or you should stay away from buying used? We could use your knowledge in this new thread!

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...l-shot-counter

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think 50k is that high. In fact, I've never seen a camera failure that wasn't due to a ball strike. Let me hop over to that new thread.

Any downside to leaving the unit on 24/7 ? Are there parts that need cooling etc???

Comment

• colinjm18
              colinjm18 commented
              Editing a comment
              The skytrak will switch off automatically if it isn’t connected to the skytrak range software or other simulator software.

Unless you plan on actively playing 24/7, the unit has an auto shut-off after a period of inactivity.

Comment

Working...
            X