SkyTrak + TruGolf Official Release

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SkyTrak_Seth
    Manufacturer
    • Nov 2014
    • 1603

    #1

    SkyTrak + TruGolf Official Release

    Happy Wednesday!


  • Joko
    Advanced Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 426

    #2
    <crickets> Not terrible pricing. I don't understand the GIP though, it doesn't seem to include anything e6 related?

    I did like e6 demo, had some neat features on the range and course, and was easy to configure.

    Comment


    • Joko
      Joko commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess the GIP is listed just because it is required for the regular e6 package?
  • wbond
    Ultimate Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 3489

    #3
    It's more than the JNPG for what would appear to be less courses.

    Comment

    • Akotu
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2016
      • 14

      #4
      I've never tried e6, is there any advantage to it over Perfect Golf?

      Comment


      • m3w
        m3w commented
        Editing a comment
        No. It's a step backwards, in my opinion.
    • SkyTrak_Seth
      Manufacturer
      • Nov 2014
      • 1603

      #5
      It's kind of 'to each their own'. I think all of our simulator partners offer something unique and at different price points.

      Comment

      • jrz
        Advanced Member
        • Oct 2015
        • 375

        #6
        Is this pretty much the same as the E6 demo (as far as look and feel) or is it a different software platform?

        Comment


        • SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Look and feel is the same, just have all the features available now.
      • Jasonstanley
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2016
        • 122

        #7
        Just got my Skytrak , going to hold off buying tgc so shay do I go for , jnpg or trugolf ! Help!

        Comment


        • aja
          aja commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what the forum is here for... do your research and read what has been posted.
      • SkyTrak_Seth
        Manufacturer
        • Nov 2014
        • 1603

        #8
        Hmmm...can you rank the top 3 things you are looking for in a simulator?

        Comment

        • Tekbud
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2015
          • 216

          #9
          @sktyrak - Do you know if the chipping problems were resolved on trugolf e6? That alone would be a deterrent in my eyes to buy e6. I actually really enjoyed the game overall though. Also, it looks like there is a lot of text on the sales page for e6 about "choosing your subscription" but I only see one subscription option with 15 courses. How will future courses and subscriptions be coming out? I'd want to know these things before I'd personally look to buy e6.

          Comment

          • Jasonstanley
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2016
            • 122

            #10
            Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
            Hmmm...can you rank the top 3 things you are looking for in a simulator?
            1 graphics. 2 online play. Local multiplayer

            Comment


            • SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Well local multiplayer (at least currently) will rule out WGT. The other 3 meet your requirements, so it's going to come down to price, which graphics you prefer, how much you want to spend on a good computer, and probably most importantly - what kind of courses you are interested in playing on (real vs user-designed).

            • Dan McWhirter
              Dan McWhirter commented
              Editing a comment
              Watch out for what you wish for. In four hours, within which a lot of beer was consumed, four of us, only one who couldn't seem to hit straight, completed only five holes of PerfectGolf. Oh we had a good time! But consider that you have to wait for each person to get on station, practice swing, swing away, then review the shot result. Meanwhile I'm hosting at the computer, showing the pin, turning on putt mode for putting from the fringe, turning on green contours for each putt, re-aligning to a different target when someone is in the woods, running the fly-over for each hole and sometimes for an individual (in the woods!), and probably some other tasks that I can't recall. I was wore out buzzing after the five holes!
          • bennyg211
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2015
            • 113

            #11
            Hey SkyTrak_Seth, I notice in the page where it lists WGT, THC, JNPG and TGE6 it states 'with more options to follow'. Is this something in the pipeline to look forward to, or just left over by accident from when all four weren't released?

            Comment


            • Sledge0001
              Sledge0001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell me more about the THC option!

              Just had to give you a hard time about this!

            • Dan McWhirter
              Dan McWhirter commented
              Editing a comment
              Golly, if they're located in Colorado or Washington, maybe they'll eventually open a side business with that THC simulator. LOL.
          • SkyTrak_Seth
            Manufacturer
            • Nov 2014
            • 1603

            #12
            We're not stopping at 4

            Comment


            • Joko
              Joko commented
              Editing a comment
              What other ones are there?
          • wise990
            Member
            • Aug 2015
            • 49

            #13
            Can anyone comment on improvements from the e6 demo to the official release? Specifically putts from off the green and short chips but I am also interested in any other differences.

            Comment

            • Tekbud
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2015
              • 216

              #14
              I'm also interested to know about short chips and putts from off green on e6. This was a killer in the demo and made some shots unplayable if I remember correctly (been a while.) Also, for anyone who has purchased e6 did you just get the cloud package? Was supposed to be available starting 10/1 but it's hard to tell if Skytrak was going to get it or not.

              Comment


              • Dan McWhirter
                Dan McWhirter commented
                Editing a comment
                I have not been able to putt from off the green in E6...you can bang the ball with the putter and it goes two feet...refuses to get on the green...like two separate programs. I'm all qualified to access the E6 Cloud games (I think it is free for three to six months?). Have to download a new E6 version first...so I haven't tried it.

              • Tekbud
                Tekbud commented
                Editing a comment
                Please try this and let us know if it works and if the games are fun. Getting information from skygolf is like pulling teeth. I asked them in online chat and they had no idea if cloud would work with skytrak.
            • MainStGolf
              Advanced Member
              • Feb 2016
              • 458

              #15
              Fringe chipping on JNPG is not as good as it is on TGC unless I'm missing something that someone knows about. I have both of those programs. Sometimes it takes 5-7 chips to get one to read and I generally have to end up hitting it too hard for the necessary shot needed for reading purposes, which leaves me with a less than desirable putt.

              Comment

              Working...