I cannot get home right now for any testing, but below is a pic I had sent from just now. This is 11:00am sun, same time as yesterday failures. I should be able to get there for the afternoon shot from when it was functioning normally and will post once available.
Shot registration issues
Collapse
X
-
-
Ambient sunlight is still sunlight. My setup is in my garage. If I have my side door open (which sits behind my right shoulder when addressing the ball) during the day I get funky readings.
-
Thanks SkyTrak_Seth, I would agree. Sounds more like an intermittent hw failure. I was able to get home for a quick test and today, no failures. I am going to track down the missing loaner unit with UPS and once I get that resolved, I will request a replacement unit.
Is there a way to 'reset my clock', so that I do not run into problems requesting a new replacement unit? My purchase date is 7/24/16.
Thanks again
-
Sure thing, just send me a PM with your contact info and I'll pass it along.
-
-
I've attached a screenshot from a quick driver session I did today at lunch. As you will see, I averaged 168 for my carry.I can also add that I recently purchased my driver. I am hitting a TM R15 12 degree. When i purchased it, I hit on the simulator at Golf Galaxy and was hitting between 225 and 250 yards. I guess they could also be juicing up their output for sales purposesOriginally posted by bjohnson1102 View Post
Hey, no worries! I'd love to take a look a sample of say 5-10 driver shots. Just a screenshot of that history table would do. Also, do you have your altitude adjusted for your location?

Comment
-
Unfortunately, golf retailers are notorious for doing that. Along with not telling someone that the 6 iron they're demoing actually has the loft of a traditional 4 iron. Based on your average numbers posted, trajectory optimizer spits out a carry of 171 and total of 182.7 based on medium turf conditions (which looks like what you've got the app set on as well). So everything looks in line to me. If this still feels like much shorter than you normally hit it, it's most likely the indoor swing effect. There should be quite a few threads on here about that. It's definitely real, whether we realize it or not.
-
Yeah, I have to agree with everything that Vincent_Vega said. Those projections look correct given the raw data. It may be that you just aren't swinging as hard indoors?
-
-
To add to the last post, and perhaps I need to start a new thread, as I seem to be taking away from the main point of this thread, but I also hit some 8 irons today. To illustrate my point, I've posted the 8 iron shots, and it just so happens that outside my driver and putter, my most-used club in my three rounds with Arccos is my 8 iron. Here are the 8 iron shots taken with Arccos system:
139, 154, 139, 142, 129, 157(bladed), 127, 142, 124(top of tree near green), 128, 138.
Here are the 8 iron swings from today on skytrak:
Comment
-
Have you used your skytrak outside hitting to a known target distance? If not, give it a shot. If you've got a 140yd target you should be able to judge fairly well if your ball is landing before or after the target and the confirm if the skytrak is operating correctly. You'll want to do this without bright sun just to eliminate any issues there.
-
That is something I have not been able to try, but it does seem to be a logical step. My range is usually pretty crowded, but perhaps I will just have to try and find a time where it is less busy, with lower levels of light.
-
-
Awesome. I experienced the same thing. Glad that helped.Originally posted by MainStGolf View PostWhat was weird is that it didn't impact my iron numbers at all. Always thought the irons were pretty close after getting used to the set up mat, etc. Hit my 8i and it was traveling just like before the changes made. I can now go to the range with complete confidence! EXCITED EXCITED as Steve the monkey would say.
Comment
-
So just to follow up....turns out SkyGolf is going to bend me over and screw me on this one.
Called again today to try and confirm that they received the loaner back that they received over a week ago so that I could begin the process of actually getting a *replacement* unit for my original purchase that has had problems since I week of purchase.
They decided to play dumb. Told me that since it is past 30-days I am not eligible for refund and that sending in the unit in for repair was my only option.
So yeah...not real happy.
Pretty close to just tossing it in the garbage and tell them to....
Comment
-
ouch sorry man i will PM you a contact i used at sky golf maybe he can help you the way he helped me and getting this figured out
Comment
-
-
Still no follow up from SkyTrak_Seth
I have spoken to support several times and asked to speak with a manager. Each time, I am told they are busy and will return my call.
I have never received a return phone call.
I purchased my Skytrak on 7/24/16 and reported my problems on 8/12/16. I have even posted a video of the issue.
As of my last phone call, Skytrak is refusing to replace my unit for a new unit. They are offering me a furby...or to keep the scratched up loaner.
I'll be contacting my credit card company next.
I strongly recommend against purchasing from this company if you can at all avoid it.
Comment
-
At the urging of my CC company, I called them back one last time on Friday the 1st. As advised, I simply asked to speak with a manager and did not identify myself.
They put me on hold and apparently used the caller id to look up my account.
The same first line representative then came back on the line and stated that a unit was shipping out to me.
I asked if new and was told, hesitantly, yes.
Still waiting. UPS ground is about 5-7 working days from them to me.
Comment
-
I have received a *new* replacement unit. It has been register and tested without error. My original issue was intermittent, so I do not expect to easily reproduce the issue for test.
I now consider this issue....closed.
Comment
-
Thinman , you can disregard my private message from earlier - I'm sorry I'm just getting caught up from a few weeks away from the forum. Just so you know, I'm 100% in agreement with you and I'm glad it was resolved correctly. I apologize for the delay in getting it taken care of. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
-Seth
Comment
Comment