Does the new Track man work indoors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the new Track man work indoors ?

Hi there Looking at setting up a Sim for commercial use. Would track man work for this application? or is it more used for out doors?
    Thanks

Play the best TrackMan® golf simulators, enjoy private lounge areas, elevated bar food or craft cocktails at 1899 Indoor Golf in Ohio.

Works very well!!!
    My Courses: all are LiDAR
    Wilkshire LiDAR
    Glenmoor
    Brookside LiDAR
    Shady Hollow CC​

Comment

For me it works just fine; however, you do need sufficient space for it to be good. I would suggest reading through the information on this site and educate yourself on the pluses and minuses of everything including having more length in your spac than the minimum suggested by the manufacturer. Also suggest you read posts by Leomode as he has done some good comparisons.

Good luck!

Comment

Ive used a few different LM/Radars and the TM4 has been the most consistent of them all. It’s especially good at short shots - to me thats one of the most significant differences. I also really like their software, aesthetic/usability and frequency of updates vs some of the other manufacturers.

Comment

Thanks guys ! appreciate the feed back! just not sure about the price difference between the X3 and TM4 , Do you guys have to put the stickers on the balls with the TM4 indoors ? Thanks

Comment

Are you planning on using it primarily for practice or indoor simulation?

Comment

Both actually, I have gc2 and and it’s great but when u have a lefty and righty it gets annoying moving it. Thought about getting a second gc2 but hard to find and will be at same cost as x3

Comment

Golf simulator guys sell a insert that will spin for gc2. Check it out.
                GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

I have a TM4 and I do not need to put the markers on the ball. It works excellent.

Comment

How about the side angle and side spin accuracy of indoors use? I know and have read about the comparison test by LeoM but still want to hear from more TM owners. Thanks.

Comment

I don't use my TM for putting. But I've hit about 17000 shots on it in the last 1.5 years. I find it to be very accurate. I often practice hitting draws and fades in succession. I know when I hit a straight pull instead of a fade and TM reads it as I feel it. It has never given me a spin axis reading I knew to be false. However, there are miss reads. These, for me, tend to be fliers or vice versa. I'll be hitting pitching wedge and suddenly I get 5000 spin instead of 9000 and the ball goes 20 yards further (or the opposite, my 5 iron will suddenly spin 9000). Its hard for me to guess how often this happens but I'd say about 1in 200 to 400 shots. It's much more common for the TM to fail to read any spin axis, again hard for me to guess how often this happens, maybe 1 in 20 or 30. Although the no reads may typically be my fault i.e. ball position and sticker position.

Also my set up is not ideal. I have about 11-13 feet from hitting area to screen and 8-10 feet from TM to hitting area.

Comment

• TrueGolferNorth
                        TrueGolferNorth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the information. Do you use TM3 or 4?

TM 4.
                      Every ball I hit has sticker

Comment

Working...
                      X