Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

TGC2019 with Trackman 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC2019 with Trackman 4

I received my licence key and I cannot seem to get TGC2019 to register shots with my trackman 4. It says I am offline and I need to reestablish connection but it wont let me. Anyone have any suggestions.

Just an update- spoke to Trackman and they said they might be removing TGC from the “More” tab, which really sucks if these too do not integrate with each other. Seems like should be a simple work around since it already works with 6.3 software.

Hopefully more TM users request that they make the update!!

Comment

Didn't trackman take over JNPG? If so, it seems logical to them to force their own software now, same thing that they are doing at foresight with the quad.

Comment

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        Still works with E6 I think, so I don't know why it wouldn't with TGC. Maybe they just need to check SDK changes?

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        Missed the comment above. Yeah, my guess is that TGC generates very little revenue for TM. So little incentive for TM to support it. Hopefully, Protee can work around it on their end.

TGC works with TPS 6.3 and also this might help you

Comment

Originally posted by PROTEE UK View Post
        TGC works with TPS 6.3 and also this might help you
        Yes 6.3 works, can’t see your attachment for some reason.

Comment

Wow, so no 6.4 support for TGC? That sucks because that can potentially mean you have to install 2 TPS's.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
            Wow, so no 6.4 support for TGC? That sucks because that can potentially mean you have to install 2 TPS's.
            Update I received today:

Thanks for being patient while I reached out to our developers in Denmark about your request. Yes, they are working on an application for TGC to be compatible with TrackMan. I don't have a time frame when this application will be released but 6.3 is still the best versions for you!

Can you have 6.3 and 6.4?

Comment

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              You can run two versions, ie if you have a 2 hard drive for instance.

• Tbraden32
              Tbraden32 commented
              Editing a comment
              Leo, setting up two TPS's seems like an easy solution, one on each hard drive? My TM4 rep said they are not working on solution, said I would have to launch TGC myself, so not sure on how they would interact with each other? Open TGC then TM4 or ......

I spoke to Logan at Trackman today, and they still do not support TGC2019. The only version of TPS that will work is 6.3. And, if you update the firmware to 1.9 which I believe requires 6.4 or the current 6.5 version of TPS you will be out of luck with TGC. Logan said he would contact Denmark and get back to me.

Comment

TGC should definitely need to be supported with firmware 1.9 on TM4 because it alleviated and improved a lot on indoor gear effect, now virtually identical on iron shots like outdoors. It's so much better than previous firmwares. It's a bummer people still have to use TPS 6.3 where now it's 6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by clubchampx9 View Post
                I spoke to Logan at Trackman today, and they still do not support TGC2019. The only version of TPS that will work is 6.3. And, if you update the firmware to 1.9 which I believe requires 6.4 or the current 6.5 version of TPS you will be out of luck with TGC. Logan said he would contact Denmark and get back to me.
                Keep us posted as I'm still using 6.3 so I can keep TGC. Would suck to lose.

Comment

I received a note from Jimmy at Trackman, here is his response “Going forward - TGC will not be supported within the TPS software. The latest version of TPS that supports TGC will be 6.3.74. That being said, TrackMan may still work with TGC but all support will need to go through them going forward”

So there it is. This decision puts us in the position to decide to utilize TM for TGC and stay stuck at 6.3, and still paying for annual software upgrades which we could never use, or update TPS and not be able to play TGC.

Does anyone know of ProTee has weighed in on this issue, in terms of using TM with TGC outside of TPS?

Comment

I have spoken to both trackman support and protee support. I recieved the same response as above from trackman support. The protee support team sent me the following reply:

We would love to have a look and try to get it working with your cooperation via Remote Support.

Before we schedule a remote support session together, could you please ask the Trakman support ( as you already are in contact with them ) , how they see that it should work?
                    Like what application are we suppose to start to get the TPS to send data towards TGC.

Don't worry about the technical information they might send, we will take care of that.”

I have submitted a request to trackman support, but no response yet. My feeling is that protee is willing to support, but needs some technical info from trackman on how to do the interface. Currently I am not optimistic that trackman will provide.

Comment

It would be great if the hardware people stuck to focusing on hardware and allow the consumer to use whichever software they could find that works with it. Not surprised though with the connection to JNPG now.

Comment

Do you guys know if it is possible to run firmware 1.9 with TPS 6.3?

Comment

• PROTEE UK
                          PROTEE UK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Have you tried running 6.3 from an external hard drive when you want to use TGC?

No I have not tried running 6.3 from an external drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X