Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

e6 1.6 ongoing support and questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e6 1.6 ongoing support and questions

With e6 moving towards the connect product, will support continue for the local install 1.6 package?
    Any updates on connect making its way to skytrak?
    Are any patches or enhancements expected for 1.6?
    Some users including myself have seen putting and short chipping nuances, as well as sound output issues in the demo version.
    Thx!

Ha, I'm replying to myself. Where are the e6 posts......?
    I'm now convinced having played another 9 holes in the demo mode this evening that I will rent this software for 2019 when the demo expires in mid Nov.
    Excellent software responses, physics with near green chipping and the putting.
    I'd like to see the feedback on TGC 2019 before dropping the $800 (I also do not want to think about upgrading my laptop) while also seeing how e6 connect evolves for Skytrak.
    Convinced it will be coming!
    I'm pleased with e6 and feel as though renting the software is a sound decision.
    If only e6 were $50 cheaper per year

Comment

Alphaseekr

I'm guessing connect will be available for Skytrak as I'm assuming they won't support E6 1.6 for very long after connect completely launches. I spoke to Trugolf today and they said their new overhead camera won't work with E6 1.6 After hearing that, it isn't a reach to assume 1.6 is on the way out.

However, the problem is the price. Connect's posted price is $2500 + an annual subscription for expanded content. I don't think too many Skytrak users are going to pay more for software than they did for the Skytrak itself.

I guess everything will be cleared up at the PGA Show in January.

Comment

Agree, no way EVER I’d drop $2500 on golf software.
        EVEN WITH THE MEGA MILLIONS BILLION DOLLAR + PRIZE!!
        It’s just not a retail price, at all.
        But $299 for a year for 1.6 at present time isn’t all that bad.
        Why don’t these vendors think about volume and market share vs exclusivity?
        TGC sort of has done that, $795 is a thought provoking price point.
        I’d have to say who knows the state of software in 6-yrs (annual subscriber vs purchase break even)?
        Going with 1.6 for a year, next year revisit options maybe Connect vs TGC 2019 which by then both should have early sim related bugs exposed and/or worked out.
        Word to all providers; lease to own model would be cool though, you pay into the software and after lease amount exceeds 1x purchase, it’s yours free and clear.
        A bit like a financing model but with a sticky base, drives development in my opinion.
        2 more e6 1.6 demo weeks to stew on this and see opinions from others.

Comment

Very happy with e6 1.6. thus far.
          If you demo the software there some bugs in the demo version that are fixed in the full version, sound being one of them.
          I also noticed green side chipping reads are more consistent with the full version versus the demo. I did take another users advice about ball position, one inch or so closer to your feet and an inch or so behind the laser.

It’s a fun piece of software, didn’t require me to buy a crazy video card/pc.

The presentation is fantastic and the algos are spot on for representing ball flight, particularly for side spin, there is no exaggeration as I’ve seen in WGT.

Comment

I'm playing E6 1.6 with theTittleX that was 169 bucks with free shipping a few months back. It's fantastic. So if E6 drops Econnect on us at 2.5 grand, good luck to them getting any love from the real garage golfers.

Comment

Seems like all is quiet coming out of the E6 camp as lately. I emailed them yesterday to ask about support for Tittle X and E6 Cloud. So far all I got are crickets. The price point on the Trugolf.com page are steep at $2,500. I can get behind and support the monthly payment fees with the new content constantly available month to month. Not to mention the E6 software is really spot on. The revamped courses look just stunning and I really can't wait to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Johnson
                Seems like all is quiet coming out of the E6 camp as lately. I emailed them yesterday to ask about support for Tittle X and E6 Cloud. So far all I got are crickets. The price point on the Trugolf.com page are steep at $2,500. I can get behind and support the monthly payment fees with the new content constantly available month to month. Not to mention the E6 software is really spot on. The revamped courses look just stunning and I really can't wait to play them.
                Not all companies have support staff to answer general software questions 24/7. If expect a response in a few days from most vendors with questions like that.

Comment

Working...
                X